Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:17 pm
The Observer wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 pm My money is on one of the following three:
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*
We're getting somewhere here :clap:

None of these characters are Nigerian and all have distanced themselves from SE. Besides, none of them have a passport.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The Observer wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 pm My money is on one of the following three:
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*
Better not be Billing. :mad:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi abeg drop scoop naw. Omo biko biko
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cito wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:29 pm
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*

I doubt its any of those. I never read Vancity Eagle hype these 3. I wouldnt mind us getting Danjuma tho.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I hope it's Ejaria or Olise. We need more AM options. Lookman would be a great addition too. Lookman can play as an AM or second striker too, but I think he is best on the wings.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:08 am
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*

I doubt its any of those. I never read Vancity Eagle hype these 3. I wouldnt mind us getting Danjuma tho.
Which one of these "Nigerians will be excited to see..."?
Danjuma I guess

Vancity, did you hype him? :)
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Danjuma doesnt do it for me sha
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I never hyped Danjuma once.

In fact I might have dissed him once.

He's playing at a high level though on Chuks team.

I prefer Lookman to Danjuma, but I confess I haven't watched Danjuma much.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:mad:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:17 pm
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*
We're getting somewhere here :clap:
:rotf: True.

None of these characters are Nigerian and all have distanced themselves from SE. Besides, none of them have a passport.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:08 am
1. Jordan Torunarigha
2. Philip Billing
3. Arnaut Danjuma*

Can’t be Danjuma for sure.
He has played twice for The Netherlands and was almost 22 at the time.
Not sure whether they were friendlies though.
Moreover he is yet another winger. :roll:

And hasn’t he already stated that he is not interested in the SE anyway…or was that Billings?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:22 pm There is not a single player of Nigerian descent out there that will make a dent in the current squad. Let's face it , all we have are average players. The average players we have in the team now are better than all our average players out there! This is Average news
:lol: :lol: :lol: 'Average news?' I've never heard of such before, Choi!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:26 pm Who did Rohr request for and who gave him the 'resources' and 'personnel' requested?
Those players chose, of their own free volition, to switch nationalities.
They initiated discussions with Rohr (not the other way round) and expressed their confidence of playing under Rohr.
Sure.... The players suddenly realised they can play for Nigeria and they called Rohr expressing their interest in SE. They were not initially approached by someone who gave them access to or Rohr's contact details. Abeg! The bolded part according to Rohr: the player was presented with a great chance to play in the WC.
Coach Gernot Rohr was left disappointed after Germany youth star Jordan Torunarigha turned down the opportunity to play for Nigeria at the World Cup.

The 20-year-old, who was born in Chemnitz to Nigerian parents, has represented Germany at different youth levels but is uncapped at senior international level.

The Hertha Berlin defender has committed his international future to the reigning world champions.

"It's disappointing because he was presented with a great chance to play in the World Cup if only he was interested," Rohr told BBC Sport.

"I've followed his progress, I believe he would have made positive contributions to the team.

"But we must really respect this young boy's decision now and wish him well."

The highly rated Torunarigha has risen from Hertha's youth set up and progressed into the Hertha Berlin first team in the final months of the 2016/2017 campaign.

He has made 14 appearances for the two-time German champions this season.

His decision comes as a big blow to Rohr's desire to provide cover for his defence in Russia.

Torunarigha's father, Ojokojo, played for Nigerian professional side Shooting Stars of Ibadan in the late 1980s and in the German second tier with Chemnitzer FC during the mid 1990s.

His rejection rules out the possibility of lining up alongside another German-born defender Leon Balogun, Netherlands-born duo of William Troost-Ekong and Tyronne Ebuehi at this year's Fifa World Cup in Russia.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44066725
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

***Dutch international
Dutch paper claim Liverpool to have scouts at Old Trafford for Arnaut Danjuma
September 29, 2021
Joanna Durkan

Liverpool are expected to have scouts keeping an eye on winger Arnaut Danjuma on Wednesday night when Villarreal meet Man United in the Champions League.

The Reds were namechecked with various talents throughout Europe in the summer transfer window as reinforcements in midfield and the attack looked set to be secured.

But only Ibrahima Konate would walk through the door, lending plenty of speculation to Liverpool‘s movements in the windows to come.

And Danjuma is one such figure to continue to be linked, with Netherlands outlet Voetbal International reporting that the Reds will have scouts at Old Trafford on Wednesday to watch the 24-year-old.

He is in action with Villarreal after joining the club in the summer in a €23.5 million (£20.3m) deal from Bournemouth, scoring three goals in his first six appearances in Spain.

And the report claims that Liverpool are “closely monitoring” the Dutch international, with the Reds credited as having “above-average interest.”

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, September 18, 2021: Liverpool's Sadio Mané during the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Crystal Palace FC at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Liverpool “see him as a possible successor to Sadio Mane,” with his age profile and position on the left-wing certainly making the 24-year-old an interesting and suitable target.

Danjuma is a potent threat moving in from the left and that he can operate centrally has seen him fit into Unai Emery’s 4-4-2 formation at the Spanish club.

It’s further claimed that Liverpool have “mapped out” options should Mane depart and Danjuma is on the list but the report simply notes the club’s interest not any potential figures or moves.

Danjuma is expected to start at Old Trafford on Wednesday night alongside former Red Alberto Moreno in what is a replay of last season’s Europa League final.

The Netherlands international had to watch on after his 2020/21 season with Bournemouth concluded with 17 goals in 37 outings across all competitions, a return that earned his switch to LaLiga.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/d ... t-danjuma/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

If it’s not Olise then don’t bother me…mschew
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap:
maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 pm If it’s not Olise then don’t bother me…mschew
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Jordan Torunarigha - my understanding is that after a period of showing no interest in Nigeria, Jordan had a change of mind but did not want to miss the Olympics opportunity with Germany. Jordan has struggled for playing time this season. Good CD material particularly as he is left footed. I also feel he can adapt well to DM role. However, he is for Qatar in my opinion.

Philip Billing - after using Nigeria to attract attention of the Danish national team, he only had one or two opportunities with Denmark. He was unhappy with being left out of the Euro squad and expressed interest to represent Nigeria. While he earned a recent call up to the Danish national team, itbis reported that he withdrew due to illness. He was left out of the current Danish squad for the upcoming international window. There is a newspaper article that he was left out due to his comments on Nigeria. However, the Danish Manager claim that English Premiership stars are keeping Philip out of the Danish team. Philip's performance last season and so far this season has been impressive (Aribo type midfielder). I believe he featured for Denmark in a friendly match. I see him as a good addition that can be deployed for ANC.

Arnaut Danjuma - Arnaut's case is very similar to his former Bournemouth team mate Philip Billing. However, in Arnaut's case, after two games for the Dutch national team, he has been ignored with no call up. Twice this year there has been reports about his interest to represent Nigeriat if not called up for the Netherlands team. He has been very impressive last season and so far this season. I see him at the same level of Chukwueze and will be a fantastic addition to the Super Eagles. He still meets the nationality switch criteria as he was under 21 when he twice played and scored for the Dutch national team.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s going to be questionable!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi if i catch you :curse: :curse:
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

It's a defender- Calvin Bassey
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robotnik wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:50 pm It's a defender- Calvin Bassey
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm ***Dutch international
I believe he's only played in two friendlies, and so not cap-tied...
Nonetheless, I don't think he's any better than the group we currently have. Pass!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 am
Nonetheless, I don't think he's any better than the group we currently have. Pass!

Not sure about that vs-Simon.

Rumored to be under serious consideration by Liverpool to compete with Mane...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

txj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 am
Not sure about that vs-Simon.

Rumored to be under serious consideration by Liverpool to compete with Mane...
It is just my opinion but Simon will make a better wing back than all those full backs we currently have.