Taiwo Awoniyi hangeth twice.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Taiwo Awoniyi hangeth twice.

Post by YUJAM »

,,, vs his old team Mainz but refused to celebrate

And comes off to a standing ovation from the home fans.

Well done :clap:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tedder89
Egg
Egg
Re: Taiwo Awoniyi hangeth twice.

Post by tedder89 »

He’s playing very well…..he deserves an opportunity with the national team soon
YUJAM wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:11 pm ,,, vs his old team Mainz but refused to celebrate

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

That means he's third in the Bundesliga striker list.
Behind Haaland and Lewandowski.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

His combination with the german striker Kruse is as good as the Vardy Nacho combi! The guy has really improved.
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

tedder89 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:28 pm He’s playing very well…..he deserves an opportunity with the national team soon
YUJAM wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:11 pm ,,, vs his old team Mainz but refused to celebrate

Here is a video clip of his goals

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gurrano wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:59 am
tedder89 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:28 pm He’s playing very well…..he deserves an opportunity with the national team soon

Chai!
Awoniyi has really developed both mentally and physically.
See how he just shrugged off the defender to score his first goal.

Hard work pays off and he has really kept working.
:clap:

Nigeria's top three strikers?
I don't know again o....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:46 am

Chai!
Awoniyi has really developed both mentally and physically.
See how he just shrugged off the defender to score his first goal.

Hard work pays off and he has really kept working.
:clap:

Nigeria's top three strikers?
I don't know again o....
We know them already

Osimhen
Iheanacho
Awoniyi
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Awoniyi is doing the business in a top 4 league.

While Onuachu is still a tall fish in a small pond.

I hope the boy comes and finally displaces the basketballer from SE.

I think Moffi did not convince Rohr, and his club form of late has been poor.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I think Air Onauchu is the real deal right now……… he dominates in the air and for a big Man has good feet; unfortunately he will only get respect on CE only if he moves the EPL. He may not be as fast as Victor but he is clinical in front of goal.

Goal scorers are hard to come by and Nigeria has Victor, Nacho & Air Onauchu.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Awoniyi is in because Moffi (who himself was initially called in to replace the injured Alex Iwobi) unfortunately got injured himself in the 66th min against Clemont Foot yesterday. Collarbone injury.
Moffi's form has been anything but poor - he has been playing extremely well and has a lot of assists. He is just not having a lot of luck putting the ball in the net.
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:15 pm Awoniyi is doing the business in a top 4 league.

While Onuachu is still a tall fish in a small pond.

I hope the boy comes and finally displaces the basketballer from SE.

I think Moffi did not convince Rohr, and his club form of late has been poor.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

His problem is the old adage: right place at the wrong time.
4-6 years back, he would have been the #1 striker. Unfortunately for him, he has to compete with upcoming strikers who are firing on all cylinders and are playing in more competitively ranked leagues in Europe.
Also, his not getting any bids after his record season is a bid damning for him and doesn't help his SE cause any.

I don't recall any time in our footballing history when we have had such a plethora of credible strikers. It really is exciting!
Flex Swift wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm I think Air Onauchu is the real deal right now……… he dominates in the air and for a big Man has good feet; unfortunately he will only get respect on CE only if he moves the EPL. He may not be as fast as Victor but he is clinical in front of goal.

Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Hey Goat Heads! You know you can hype Awoniyi without trying to bring Onuachu down.
Onuachu was our highest goal scorer/most potent striker last season in Europe and deserves a place in the SE. Awoniyi has dropped a few goals this season & we won’t hear word again! Based on current form our top 4 strikers are:
Osimehen
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Awoniyi.

All four can co-exist and we don’t have to tear one person down to elevate the other. Very bad habit we Nigerians have. Tufiakwa
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Celebrity wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 pm Hey Goat Heads! You know you can hype Awoniyi without trying to bring Onuachu down.
Onuachu was our highest goal scorer/most potent striker last season in Europe and deserves a place in the SE. Awoniyi has dropped a few goals this season & we won’t hear word again! Based on current form our top 4 strikers are:
Osimehen
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Awoniyi.

All four can co-exist and we don’t have to tear one person down to elevate the other. Very bad habit we Nigerians have. Tufiakwa
My problem with Onuachu is that he hasn't proven himself to be a credible STARTING option for SE. He and SE have never played well when he started recently.

The friendly loss against Algeria
The friendly loss against Cameroon

He strikes me as a player who can on occasion come in as an impact sub, but definitely not a starter.

So I ask this question.

With the plethora of strikers we have, why would we waste a spot on a striker who cannot start and cannot play our style of football ?

It's not like Osimehn, Awoniyi, and even Sadiq are not good in the air. In fact Osimehn is a beast in the air.

So why on earth choose such a one dimensional and limited striker, when we can have better.

It doesn't make sense.

Tearing up the Belgian league just isn't that impressive I'm sorry.

We have strikers performing in England, Italy, Germany, and we wanna hype some Belgian league dude who isn't a fit for SE.

Come on man. Stop deceiving yourselves.

Club football doesn't always translate to national team.

Onuachu DOES NOT FIT OUR STYLE OF PLAY. PERIOD.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Osimehn and Nacho should be the only "untouchable" strikers we have ATM.

Since when did Onuachu become "untouchable" that we cannot drop him from a match day to see what Awoniyi or Sadiq can offer ?

I mean is that a crime ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm I think Air Onauchu is the real deal right now……… he dominates in the air and for a big Man has good feet; unfortunately he will only get respect on CE only if he moves the EPL. He may not be as fast as Victor but he is clinical in front of goal.

FA-FA-FA...FAWUL!!!!
All he needs to do which has been stated countless times here is to reproduce his form in any top 5 league.
Italy or France would be nice.
Moffi isn't in the EPL. And neither for that matter is Osimhen.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

impressive :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:07 pm His problem is the old adage: right place at the wrong time.
4-6 years back, he would have been the #1 striker. Unfortunately for him, he has to compete with upcoming strikers who are firing on all cylinders and are playing in more competitively ranked leagues in Europe.
Also, his not getting any bids after his record season is a bid damning for him and doesn't help his SE cause any.

I don't recall any time in our footballing history when we have had such a plethora of credible strikers. It really is exciting!

Onuachu's case is a head scratcher.
With all the due respect that we give him for his goal tally, for some reason bigger clubs and their managers do not seem to be giving him the same due respect.
The phones haven't been off the hook and the doors haven't been bashed down by suitors.
The question is why?. Even his own club director seemed a little bewildered by the lack of interest.

Lets take a look at one compilation of his goals and see what people think...

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 pm
Celebrity wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 pm Hey Goat Heads! You know you can hype Awoniyi without trying to bring Onuachu down.
Osimehen
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Awoniyi.

My problem with Onuachu is that he hasn't proven himself to be a credible STARTING option for SE. He and SE have never played well when he started recently.

He strikes me as a player who can on occasion come in as an impact sub, but definitely not a starter.

So I ask this question.

With the plethora of strikers we have, why would we waste a spot on a striker who cannot start and cannot play our style of football ?

It's not like Osimehn, Awoniyi, and even Sadiq are not good in the air. In fact Osimehn is a beast in the air.

So why on earth choose such a one dimensional and limited striker, when we can have better.

It doesn't make sense.

We have strikers performing in England, Italy, Germany, and we wanna hype some Belgian league dude who isn't a fit for SE.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk

I do not think it is a head scratcher except when one is picking players based on stats and reports in the media. A coach who actually watches the games will do more.

Onuachu requires a specific type of system to be helpful. He is not an adaptable player. In my view, if you have a ream that presses a lot and uses a lit of possession passes you will find Onuachu not useful. In my view, if you like to cross a lit of balls into the box then go for Onuachu.

At the NT level, he is useful depending on situational issues. For instance, if we are chasing a game late and winning set pieces, he will be my premier choice even ahead of Osimhen.
[
Damunk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:41 am
Otitokoro wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:07 pm His problem is the old adage: right place at the wrong time.

Onuachu's case is a head scratcher.
With all the due respect that we give him for his goal tally, for some reason bigger clubs and their managers do not seem to be giving him the same due respect.
The phones haven't been off the hook and the doors haven't been bashed down by suitors.
The question is why?. Even his own club director seemed a little bewildered by the lack of interest.

Lets take a look at one compilation of his goals and see what people think...

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Flex Swift wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:03 pm
Osimehen
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Awoniyi.

So I ask this question.

It doesn't make sense.

Does the current Eagles have a particular style of play?

Against Benin away who scored Nigeria’s only goal?Osimhem played 90 how many goals did he score in the same match? No Onauchu the game ends 0-0. You need to learn to value what we have and be careful what we wish for.

Onauchu was top scorer in Denmark/ won the league in Denmark, won the cup in Belgium was top scorer came second in the league has played in champions league and Europa cup.

Apart from scoring against the mid table and the bottom end teams has Taiwo won the German cup? golden boot ? has he played in the champions league? When he represented Nigeria at the under 20 World Cup leading the attack remind how many goals he scored ? and where the team finished? When Taiwo was drafted to help with qualifying Nigeria for the Olympics we failed to qualify. This may well be a good player but at present he is not better than Onauchu.

Umar that plays in the second division you are claiming is better than Onauchu. A Player that was rejected by Rangers, a light weight striker that represented Nigeria at the Olympics and only managed bronze. In the final match to get his team promoted he bottled it and missed vital pen in the play offs. The fact that nobody has come in for him speaks volumes. Even Moffi was almost relegated last season and has moved to a better club.

Appreciate what we have in Air Onauchu.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:30 pm
Osimehen
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Awoniyi.

So I ask this question.

It doesn't make sense.

Against Benin away who scored Nigeria’s only goal?Osimhem played 90 how many goals did he score in the same match? No Onauchu the game ends 0-0. You need to learn to value what we have and be careful what we wish for.

Onauchu was top scorer in Denmark/ won the league in Denmark, won the cup in Belgium was top scorer came second in the league has played in champions league and Europa cup.

Apart from scoring against the mid table and the bottom end teams has Taiwo won the German cup? golden boot ? has he played in the champions league? When he represented Nigeria at the under 20 World Cup leading the attack remind how many goals he scored ? and where the team finished? When Taiwo was drafted to help with qualifying Nigeria for the Olympics we failed to qualify. This may well be a good player but at present he is not better than Onauchu.

Umar that plays in the second division you are claiming is better than Onauchu. A Player that was rejected by Rangers, a light weight striker that represented Nigeria at the Olympics and only managed bronze. In the final match to get his team promoted he bottled it and missed vital pen in the play offs. The fact that nobody has come in for him speaks volumes. Even Moffi was almost relegated last season and has moved to a better club.

Not disputing your tok, but the fact that nobody came in for Onuachu doesn’t speak volumes? Abi nah wetin?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:03 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:30 pm
Osimehen
Iheanacho
Onuachu
Awoniyi.

So I ask this question.

It doesn't make sense.

Not disputing your tok, but the fact that nobody came in for Onuachu doesn’t speak volumes? Abi nah wetin?
the best one was

about Sadiq

"played in olympics and ONLY MANAGED BRONZE" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is it our birthright to win Gold medal ?

and was Sadiq playing all by himself, he "only managed bronze" all by himself.

well in that case, Onuachu "only managed 4th place in the Belgian league" , not even a medal. :rotf:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Harry Kane top scorer for Spurs & England last season failed to move to Man City. Onauchu top scorer in Belgium linked to West Ham also failed to move. I am not going speculate on the reason for them not moving but it happens moves break down. I accept until Onauchu plays in the EPL he will not be respected on CE.

I hope he & Osimhen don’t get injured replaced with Taiwo & Umar …………… they fail at international level get found out just like a host of other strikers; Ujah, Success, Kayode, Oji, Brown, Simy & Yinka then people’s eye’s go come clear