NFF BATTLE IN THE OPEN: BALOGUN'S DAYS WILL BE NUMBERED....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF BATTLE IN THE OPEN: BALOGUN'S DAYS WILL BE NUMBERED....

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:23 pm
tedder89 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:15 pm Prof - Unless Rohr decides that Balogun is no longer useful to him, I don't see him toeing the NFF line

Why? He has leverage because he's owed 9 months salary.....what are they going to do, sack him? Where will they find US$360k from?

In addition, they would need to pay him off for his future salary through the end of the contract; NFF does not have the money and government won't bail them out......

Rohr will leave when his contract is over, not before

I still think we will win our group and qualify for the next round....we may even win on Sunday, stranger things have happened
Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:27 pm Take that to the bank. The NFF will pressure Rohr to drop Balgun. That pressure has begun already. Can Rohr resist it, can he survive it? That is the ultimate question. The NFF now has an excuse to give Balogun the boot. They had wanted it all along given Balogun's role on the payment issues. Now, the NFF has a solid excuse. Bet on it. The question is how strongly can Rohr be in wading off the sharks.
Not quite. You are correct about his contract leverage. However, if he seeks a contract renewal he will find that if he does not do the NFF bidding then he will not get renewed even if he gets to the last 16 of the WC or say the final of AFCON. He will be reminded then.
I doubt it he’d want to renew his contract, working with Nigerians isn’t a walk in the park and if Nigeria don’t pay what they owe him they’ll have to take it up with FIFA and that’ll probably end in them having to pay or they’ll face a sanction of some sort.
It isn't easy. You need to ask why Ahmed Musa has remained on this team. Got to make you think. Note several times that Pinnick mentioned hi (Pinnick's) influence in that decision.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:35 pm
tedder89 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:15 pm Prof - Unless Rohr decides that Balogun is no longer useful to him, I don't see him toeing the NFF line

Why? He has leverage because he's owed 9 months salary.....what are they going to do, sack him? Where will they find US$360k from?

In addition, they would need to pay him off for his future salary through the end of the contract; NFF does not have the money and government won't bail them out......

I still think we will win our group and qualify for the next round....we may even win on Sunday, stranger things have happened
Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:27 pm Take that to the bank. The NFF will pressure Rohr to drop Balgun. That pressure has begun already. Can Rohr resist it, can he survive it? That is the ultimate question. The NFF now has an excuse to give Balogun the boot. They had wanted it all along given Balogun's role on the payment issues. Now, the NFF has a solid excuse. Bet on it. The question is how strongly can Rohr be in wading off the sharks.
Not quite. You are correct about his contract leverage. However, if he seeks a contract renewal he will find that if he does not do the NFF bidding then he will not get renewed even if he gets to the last 16 of the WC or say the final of AFCON. He will be reminded then.
I doubt it he’d want to renew his contract, working with Nigerians isn’t a walk in the park and if Nigeria don’t pay what they owe him they’ll have to take it up with FIFA and that’ll probably end in them having to pay or they’ll face a sanction of some sort.
It isn't easy. You need to ask why Ahmed Musa has remained on this team. Got to make you think. Note several times that Pinnick mentioned hi (Pinnick's) influence in that decision.
After today's match, do you still think Balogun's days in the SE are numbered?
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:35 pm

After today's match, do you still think Balogun's days in the SE are numbered?
I actually think the pressure will continue but his performance today was topnotch and I believe Rohr will be ready to go down defending him. But don't ever think the pressure recedes. The pressure in the first place was never about his game but about his leadership behind the scenes. His owngosl in Lagos only provided additional amunution which has been removed by his bug game today.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:55 am Joao

You may ask how come many coaches still want to work in Nigeria when they know about irregular pay? Interferences? Etc?
Fact is human beings will always make decisions based on available options of benefits and drawbacks all calculated.
Please list just three reputable coaches that will like to take over the SE, considering our NFF's shenanigans.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 pm

You may ask how come many coaches still want to work in Nigeria when they know about irregular pay? Interferences? Etc?
Fact is human beings will always make decisions based on available options of benefits and drawbacks all calculated.
Please list just three reputable coaches that will like to take over the SE, considering our NFF's shenanigans.
Joao

I will not be a broken record on this. Do a search on this. It cannot be even a month old. I list a few and there are far more. Simply use the search function.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:47 pm Well he did score the first goal!
Yes. His first ever for Nigeria but the issue for the NFF guys is not about his play on the field but his leadership for player rights off the field. Two different things.
Well the best thing for him to do is to do what he can and walk off,I remember asking why the late great Keshi didn’t quit after winning the Afcon,the NFF are clowns and they are not worth the stress!Just like most Nigerians they don’t learn from their mistakes but don’t take kindly to correction.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes. His first ever for Nigeria but the issue for the NFF guys is not about his play on the field but his leadership for player rights off the field. Two different things.
Well the best thing for him to do is to do what he can and walk off,I remember asking why the late great Keshi didn’t quit after winning the Afcon,the NFF are clowns and they are not worth the stress!Just like most Nigerians they don’t learn from their mistakes but don’t take kindly to correction.
TBH, it is really a sad thing.

If Balogun today, it can be someone else next. This was the way they dealt with Oliseh, Finidi, etc. The current rumor is that Musa remains on this team because the NFF trusts him to keep the team in check. As you know, there has not been a revolt in spite of the boys being owed for several games until recently. It just is not a good thing. There was a recent report that the NFF pressured Rohr not to reinvite Balogun but he DID. I believe this was in the last month or so because of the well-publicized interview, Balogun gave about the players being owed. In the Falcons, you remember Oparanozie being stripped o captainship for a similar thing. Before then there had been a history of such punishment including the ostracism of the Nigerian FAlcon coach that led the team to the last ACWC. It goes on and on.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:57 pm

If Balogun today, it can be someone else next. This was the way they dealt with Oliseh, Finidi, etc. The current rumor is that Musa remains on this team because the NFF trusts him to keep the team in check. As you know, there has not been a revolt in spite of the boys being owed for several games until recently. It just is not a good thing. There was a recent report that the NFF pressured Rohr not to reinvite Balogun but he DID. I believe this was in the last month or so because of the well-publicized interview, Balogun gave about the players being owed. In the Falcons, you remember Oparanozie being stripped o captainship for a similar thing. Before then there had been a history of such punishment including the ostracism of the Nigerian FAlcon coach that led the team to the last ACWC. It goes on and on.
So Musa is a snitching teachers pet :boo: :scared:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 am

Or he has good leadership skills. It’s not always negative.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

You may ask how come many coaches still want to work in Nigeria when they know about irregular pay? Interferences? Etc? Fact is human beings will always make decisions based on available options of benefits and drawbacks all calculated.
But human beings with better options happen to be the better coaches and no matter what you want they wouldn’t want to work under such circumstances.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:02 am

It’s more likely he is just compliant to the NFF as Balogun has also been a captain at club level but I can’t say the same thing about Musa.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:20 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:02 am

It’s more likely he is just compliant to the NFF,Musa has usually been a bit part player at club level since he left Moscow where he did very well.Musa is probably captain because of his experience (101 caps 15 goals) but other than that it must be subliminal.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

E II, With what you've stated above, I'm surprised that you still stressing yourself about NFF coaching choices.
I would think you would know that our 'oga them' do ot appreciate criticism or transparency. I hope you
realize that these NFF 'cat' are making sure their checks arrive on time, while tell those sweating lads 'to be patient'?
For me, I'm resigned to the reality of knowing that we will always reap what we sow as regards our NFF.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

joao wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:30 am

E II, With what you've stated above, I'm surprised that you still stressing yourself about NFF coaching choices.
I would think you would know that our 'oga them' do ot appreciate criticism or transparency. I hope you
realize that these NFF 'cat' are making sure their checks arrive on time, while tell those sweating lads 'to be patient'?
For me, I'm resigned to the reality of knowing that we will always reap what we sow as regards our NFF.
:clap: :clap: