PREDICTIONS FOR SUNDAY'S GAME

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: PREDICTIONS FOR SUNDAY'S GAME

Post by Flex Swift »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:06 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:29 am
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:11 am
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:08 am Everything depends on the line up. I said before yesterday’s game that Simon Moses form had dipped, he had a poor game against Cape Verde yet started yesterday.

The EPL fans selected Onyeka for Rohr what impact did that guy have on the game?

I mentioned scoring against relegation threatened teams doesn’t make you ready for international football and to be fair Taiwo should have played in a friendly match first rather than being thrust into a competitive game…. Anyway people got their wish.That sitter set the tone for the rest of the match.
The crossing by Ania & Simon was very poor and Osimhen was only player in the box to provide a threat.

I think the Eagles need an attacking coach to assist Rohr with how to get the team to attack and get rid of Yobo who adds no value.

I mentioned the importance of set plays ….. we had how many corner kicks ? not one threaten.

I think the game on Sunday could end up being 0-0
But flex how come a team with 4th division players and local lads won? Please explain. How were they ready for international football?
Please tell me how many of the 4th division players were playing their first International competitive game???? In our team we had Taiwo, and Onyeka we had four players off form Collins, Aribo, Simon and Aina. That half the team then we had Ekong who is not a good defender (nice guy). We got away with against Cape Verde but at some point your luck is going to run out.
So now it is the first game that matters and not the fact that they are playing at the top level in Europe? So when do we give credit to the CAR lower level players? When do you call out Rohr?

Bros, time to be done with these excuses. Enough of it already. We were simply outreached. Plain and simple.
I can’t stand Rohr so I am not making excuses for him but the team put out was wack, the team put out against Cape Verde was equally wack. We got away with it against Cape Verde because they scored an own goal. But at some point your luck runs out which happened yesterday.

Why was Tyrone (RB) and Sanusi (LB) dropped??? Sanusi played in the quarter finals of the Champions league last season while Collins helped Paderborn get relegated. Why hasn’t Rohr actively been scouting for Nididi’s backup? Why doesn’t the team prioritise the practice of set-plays? I have seen any equipment used for set play drills during the videos of the practice sessions. Like said before no matter who is in charge the team always has deadwood. Why is Musa still playing when he has lost his pace?
My point is the personnel should not matter. Our third team personnel is better than their first team. Is not a po ersonnel issue. Look to how the game was managed. That us where the issue lies. If we begin to look at personnel then you cannot come back and claim that we should be OK laying players in the top leagues in Europe. Where is the logic?
If you are saying it not about personnel then who provides the assists to Osimhen to score? Simon, Collins, Onyeka, Ekong, Aina, Aribo?

What is the teams attacking strategy? I am not so sure when Nigeria drops in quality they are better than the CAR
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kawawa wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:46 am 4-0. Oshimhen is pissed. Moses Simon will get a corner kick over the head of at least one defender. It was a weird and sad day but we will dish out some punishment
This is how old uncles like Uncle 1naira used to fool us when we were kids. You don't win matches because you are pissed o, this is not the days of Rasheed Yekini or Okocha or Henry Nwosu don vex :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:30 am Share your predictions here...
And please be CIVIL, even if we all know that you are the smartest person alive.

I PREDICT A WIN...
Perhaps even a COMFORTABLE win (albeit less sure of that).

The truth is that the difference between victory, loss and draw in today's game was the odd bounce or two...
Tragedy is we've slid down so much under Rohr that the "odd bounce or two" is what separates us from CAR, Cape Verde, Lesotho, etc.
:D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:18 am 😂😂😂😂see them boasting and thumping 4 zip etc. what creative tactics are going to be impremented? it is like yall live in LALA land. All the recent games vs Lesotho, Benin, Salone, Cape Verde , Liberia and the all mighty CAR.. una still no wan open una eyes see how bad the team is whn it comes to creating chances from the midfield, intead of the police ball **** has been serving the SE for years
I stand by my prediction. A few different bounces yesterday and a convincing win. These things happen but a bit more frequently recently. I still believe we win this group but we have to up the game in the next stage
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

kawawa wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:55 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:18 am 😂😂😂😂see them boasting and thumping 4 zip etc. what creative tactics are going to be impremented? it is like yall live in LALA land. All the recent games vs Lesotho, Benin, Salone, Cape Verde , Liberia and the all mighty CAR.. una still no wan open una eyes see how bad the team is whn it comes to creating chances from the midfield, intead of the police ball **** has been serving the SE for years
I stand by my prediction. A few different bounces yesterday and a convincing win. These things happen but a bit more frequently recently. I still believe we win this group but we have to up the game in the next stage
When you tell people the team is terrible and not well coach, them go say you are enemy of state and progress. I say CAR get a draw again away from home! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lol man you realize they were playing defensively away and still had 2 one on ones while we had a few half chances and their keeper didn’t have to make any save. This one sounds like Kelechi telling the Sierra Leone boys ‘we vex come’ only to get a boring draw
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:08 am Everything depends on the line up. I said before yesterday’s game that Simon Moses form had dipped, he had a poor game against Cape Verde yet started yesterday.

The EPL fans selected Onyeka for Rohr what impact did that guy have on the game?

I mentioned scoring against relegation threatened teams doesn’t make you ready for international football and to be fair Taiwo should have played in a friendly match first rather than being thrust into a competitive game…. Anyway people got their wish.That sitter set the tone for the rest of the match.
The crossing by Ania & Simon was very poor and Osimhen was only player in the box to provide a threat.

I think the Eagles need an attacking coach to assist Rohr with how to get the team to attack and get rid of Yobo who adds no value.

I mentioned the importance of set plays ….. we had how many corner kicks ? not one threaten.

But flex how come a team with 4th division players and local lads won? Please explain. How were they ready for international football?
kpom.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I predict that Rohr has still not learned anything from all of his failures.

Failure can be good if you learn from it and improve.

Rohr is so slow to react to anything.

A dunce.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:11 pm If we play a 4-4-2, I predict a labored 1-0 win for Nigeria. If we change formation then I see us winning 2-0 or 3-0.
I agree.

Supposedly Nacho is injured so that could force the dummy to act.

But he could surprise us with his stupidity and play a 442 without Nacho.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:35 pm
Lol man you realize they were playing defensively away and still had 2 one on ones while we had a few half chances and their keeper didn’t have to make any save. This one sounds like Kelechi telling the Sierra Leone boys ‘we vex come’ only to get a boring draw
to be honest though that pitch in Sierra Leone was horrible and it has since been banned.

the pitch we will play on in Cameroon is better than our own shameful pitch.

I have been watching many games, and that our pitch in Lagos is piss poor. I am not singling out the pitch for our performance, but it plays a part and why on earth does the NFF have to jeapordize everything. Let us play on the best pitch Nigeria has to offer, pretty sure Lagos is not it.

Rohr and the players have consistently complained about it. Rain or no rain.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

They (CAR) won because we were completely USELESS and couldn't pass the ball accurately. Each time our men had the ball, CAR players, double-teamed in their markings. In all, I think if we had scored first, it would have been a different story.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

olu wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:11 pm If we play a 4-4-2, I predict a labored 1-0 win for Nigeria. If we change formation then I see us winning 2-0 or 3-0.
But will the coach see what he is doing wrong and make a change? I have been on his side for so long, but the loss of yesterday really got on me. How, and I mean how did we lose to CAR in our kitchen? This is NOT good, guys.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Anyway, I predict we will win 2-0, in Sunday's game
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

I forsee a draw going by previous trends with the team...

After the SA loss at home, the return outcome was a draw, albeit controversial
Again, after the SL draw, the return match ended in a scoreless draw.

If I was a betting man I'd go for a draw on Sunday.

I would love that the SE return with an emphatic win though. But that's just my wish.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

2think wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:49 am I forsee a draw going by previous trends with the team...

After the SA loss at home, the return outcome was a draw, albeit controversial
Again, after the SL draw, the return match ended in a scoreless draw.

If I was a betting man I'd go for a draw on Sunday.

I would love that the SE return with an emphatic win though. But that's just my wish.
I also see a draw.

But some people are counting on our luck to change... not that they saw us creating clear chances and breaking them down at home. They are believing we will be luckier in Cameroon... maybe another own goal is in the offing?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:12 am
Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:34 am Btw, I have seen other threads canvassing for Rohr's immediate dismissal...

As obviously LIMITED as Rohr is, no federation (even the 'insane' NFF) should fire a coach in the midst of a fast-moving qualifying campaign, while the coach's team is actually leading its qualifying group (however tenuous). Accordingly, Rohr has more than ample time to redeem himself (or at least save his backside), starting from Sunday's game. In fact, he should consider it good fortune that we play CAR again so soon after this disastrous outing, as it affords him the immediate opportunity (before too many folks actually digest the full import of today's disgrace) to so comprehensively right the ship such that this outing would effectively be cast as an aberration. Personally, I fully expect us to SUCCESSFULLY navigate the rest of this Second Round of the qualifiers (however half-arsed), and one can only pray and hope that we get a 'kind' draw in the decisive Third Round.

PS: Btw, we're quite fortunate Sunday's game is in Douala, where there should be TONS of Nigerians and thus more like a home game.
We should beat CAR 4-0! If we should lose to CAR (which is an impossible future tense) then we should disband the team. Even without a coach we should be able to beat CAR. CAR will be playing 'away'

It is TOO late to SACK Rohr. We should have sacked him after the WC.
It was suppose to be 4-0 in our favour :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Odas wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:07 am Anyway, I predict we will win 2-0, in Sunday's game
Nostradamus!!!
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I got it wrong. The boys showed much determination to win
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:30 am Share your predictions here...
And please be CIVIL, even if we all know that you are the smartest person alive.

I PREDICT A WIN...
Perhaps even a COMFORTABLE win (albeit less sure of that).

The truth is that the difference between victory, loss and draw in today's game was the odd bounce or two...
Tragedy is we've slid down so much under Rohr that the "odd bounce or two" is what separates us from CAR, Cape Verde, Lesotho, etc.
WELL DONE LADS! :thumbs:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 pm I got it wrong. The boys showed much determination to win
... and I got it DEAD right. I predicted we will win with a score of 2-0 and we did.
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Congrats to the lads...

Their overall performance leaves room for improvement though.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Congrats. I was right. I predicted a shutout win😃