PREDICTIONS FOR SUNDAY'S GAME

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
PREDICTIONS FOR SUNDAY'S GAME

Post by Gotti »

Share your predictions here...
And please be CIVIL, even if we all know that you are the smartest person alive.

I PREDICT A WIN...
Perhaps even a COMFORTABLE win (albeit less sure of that).

The truth is that the difference between victory, loss and draw in today's game was the odd bounce or two...
Tragedy is we've slid down so much under Rohr that the "odd bounce or two" is what separates us from CAR, Cape Verde, Lesotho, etc.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PREDICTIONS FOR SUNDAY'S GAME

Post by Gotti »

Btw, I have seen other threads canvassing for Rohr's immediate dismissal...

As obviously LIMITED as Rohr is, no federation (even the 'insane' NFF) should fire a coach in the midst of a fast-moving qualifying campaign, while the coach's team is actually leading its qualifying group (however tenuous). Accordingly, Rohr has more than ample time to redeem himself (or at least save his backside), starting from Sunday's game. In fact, he should consider it good fortune that we play CAR again so soon after this disastrous outing, as it affords him the immediate opportunity (before too many folks actually digest the full import of today's disgrace) to so comprehensively right the ship such that this outing would effectively be cast as an aberration. Personally, I fully expect us to SUCCESSFULLY navigate the rest of this Second Round of the qualifiers (however half-arsed), and one can only pray and hope that we get a 'kind' draw in the decisive Third Round.

PS: Btw, we're quite fortunate Sunday's game is in Douala, where there should be TONS of Nigerians and thus more like a home game.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:30 am Share your predictions here...
And please be CIVIL, even if we all know that you are the smartest person alive.

I PREDICT A WIN...

The truth is that the difference between victory, loss and draw in today's game was the odd bounce or two...
Tragedy is we've slid down so much under Rohr that the "
odd bounce
or two" is what separates us from CAR, Cape Verde, Lesotho, etc.
this cracked me up :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

3-1 with Nigeria scoring 3 goals at least... not even too bothered by CAR, this one was a one off freak game and it happens in football.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

We created chances in the 2nd half which if we had converted a couple would’ve produced a different narrative

Naija by 2 goals, wouldn’t surprise me if CAR get a goal
Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:30 am Share your predictions here...

I PREDICT A WIN...

Tragedy is we've slid down so much under Rohr that the "odd bounce or two" is what separates us from CAR, Cape Verde, Lesotho, etc.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

4-0. Oshimhen is pissed. Moses Simon will get a corner kick over the head of at least one defender. It was a weird and sad day but we will dish out some punishment
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

😂😂😂😂see them boasting and thumping 4 zip etc. what creative tactics are going to be impremented? it is like yall live in LALA land. All the recent games vs Lesotho, Benin, Salone, Cape Verde , Liberia and the all mighty CAR.. una still no wan open una eyes see how bad the team is whn it comes to creating chances from the midfield, intead of the police ball **** has been serving the SE for years
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:18 am 😂😂😂😂see them boasting and thumping 4 zip etc. what creative tactics are going to be impremented? it is like yall live in LALA land. All the recent games vs Lesotho, Benin, Salone, Cape Verde , Liberia and the all mighty CAR.. una still no wan open una eyes see how bad the team is whn it comes to creating chances from the midfield, intead of the police ball **** has been serving the SE for years
I know right. Where will the creativity come from? Mehn :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:18 am 😂😂😂😂see them boasting and thumping 4 zip etc. what creative tactics are going to be impremented? it is like yall live in LALA land. All the recent games vs Lesotho, Benin, Salone, Cape Verde , Liberia and the all mighty CAR.. una still no wan open una eyes see how bad the team is whn it comes to creating chances from the midfield, intead of the police ball **** has been serving the SE for years
:rotf:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:34 am Btw, I have seen other threads canvassing for Rohr's immediate dismissal...

As obviously LIMITED as Rohr is, no federation (even the 'insane' NFF) should fire a coach in the midst of a fast-moving qualifying campaign, while the coach's team is actually leading its qualifying group (however tenuous). Accordingly, Rohr has more than ample time to redeem himself (or at least save his backside), starting from Sunday's game. In fact, he should consider it good fortune that we play CAR again so soon after this disastrous outing, as it affords him the immediate opportunity (before too many folks actually digest the full import of today's disgrace) to so comprehensively right the ship such that this outing would effectively be cast as an aberration. Personally, I fully expect us to SUCCESSFULLY navigate the rest of this Second Round of the qualifiers (however half-arsed), and one can only pray and hope that we get a 'kind' draw in the decisive Third Round.

PS: Btw, we're quite fortunate Sunday's game is in Douala, where there should be TONS of Nigerians and thus more like a home game.
We should beat CAR 4-0! If we should lose to CAR (which is an impossible future tense) then we should disband the team. Even without a coach we should be able to beat CAR. CAR will be playing 'away'

It is TOO late to SACK Rohr. We should have sacked him after the WC.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I think a draw is more realistic. Confidence is low and we don’t have the cutting edge in the third half of the pitch. And our defence has been leaking goals against minnows.

Unless we unearth a couple of good defenders between now and ANC, we shouldn’t expect this current team to achieve anything.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Anything other than a draw would be a pleasant surprise. This team does not have the fire of previous Nigerian teams and the coach's low expectations doesn't help.
I thought we were going to go for the jugular against Sierra Leone after in the return leg after being held to a 4-4 draw at home. The insipid response in Freetown says a lot about the fragile mentality of Rohr's team.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 am Anything other than a draw would be a pleasant surprise. This team does not have the fire of previous Nigerian teams and the coach's low expectations doesn't help.
I thought we were going to go for the jugular against Sierra Leone after in the return leg after being held to a 4-4 draw at home. The insipid response in Freetown says a lot about the fragile mentality of Rohr's team.
Dammy

Thank-you! I really doubt that this team has the gumption. We once exploded to a 4-0 win when we needed it, we pasted Mozambique when we were passed, we won 3-2 v Kenya when we needed it. But under Rohr what happened in a statement game in Freetown? Answer DUD.

Here again is an opportunity. We are fortunate it is not even in Bangui. Instead we get a game in neighboring Cameroon. My take is a slim win. Let Rohr surprise us by going for the jugular of he has any ounce of bravery in his approach. I surely will be shocked.

CAR before yesterday had 0 wins in its last 10 games!! And yet?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Everything depends on the line up. I said before yesterday’s game that Simon Moses form had dipped, he had a poor game against Cape Verde yet started yesterday.

The EPL fans selected Onyeka for Rohr what impact did that guy have on the game?

I mentioned scoring against relegation threatened teams doesn’t make you ready for international football and to be fair Taiwo should have played in a friendly match first rather than being thrust into a competitive game…. Any people got their wish.That sitter set to tone for the rest of the match.
The crossing by Ania & Simon was very poor also on Osimhen was every in the box to provide a threat.

I think the Eagles need an attacking coach to assist Rohr with how to get the team to attack and get rid of Yobe who adds no value.

I mentioned the importance of set plays ….. we had how many corner kicks ? not one threaten.

I think the game on Sunday could end up being 0-0
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:08 am Everything depends on the line up. I said before yesterday’s game that Simon Moses form had dipped, he had a poor game against Cape Verde yet started yesterday.

The EPL fans selected Onyeka for Rohr what impact did that guy have on the game?

I mentioned scoring against relegation threatened teams doesn’t make you ready for international football and to be fair Taiwo should have played in a friendly match first rather than being thrust into a competitive game…. Anyway people got their wish.That sitter set the tone for the rest of the match.
The crossing by Ania & Simon was very poor and Osimhen was only player in the box to provide a threat.

I think the Eagles need an attacking coach to assist Rohr with how to get the team to attack and get rid of Yobo who adds no value.

I mentioned the importance of set plays ….. we had how many corner kicks ? not one threaten.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:11 am
Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:08 am Everything depends on the line up. I said before yesterday’s game that Simon Moses form had dipped, he had a poor game against Cape Verde yet started yesterday.

I mentioned scoring against relegation threatened teams doesn’t make you ready for international football and to be fair Taiwo should have played in a friendly match first rather than being thrust into a competitive game…. Anyway people got their wish.That sitter set the tone for the rest of the match.
The crossing by Ania & Simon was very poor and Osimhen was only player in the box to provide a threat.

I think the Eagles need an attacking coach to assist Rohr with how to get the team to attack and get rid of Yobo who adds no value.

But flex how come a team with 4th division players and local lads won? Please explain. How were they ready for international football?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:29 am

But flex how come a team with 4th division players and local lads won? Please explain. How were they ready for international football?
Please tell me how many of the 4th division players were playing their first International competitive game???? In our team we had Taiwo, and Onyeka we had four players off form Collins, Aribo, Simon and Aina. That half the team then we had Ekong who is not a good defender (nice guy). We got away with against Cape Verde but at some point your luck is going to run out.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I mentioned scoring against relegation threatened teams doesn’t make you ready for international football and to be fair Taiwo should have played in a friendly match first rather than being thrust into a competitive game…. Any people got their wish.That sitter set to tone for the rest of the match.
The crossing by Ania & Simon was very poor also on Osimhen was every in the box to provide a threat.

I think the Eagles need an attacking coach to assist Rohr with how to get the team to attack and get rid of Yobe who adds no value.

Kinda unfair to Onyeka, we haven’t seen him play that role for his EPL club, given the circumstances he should have used the DM he chose in Bonke rather than trying to fit squares in round holes simply because of the league they play in. Same this with how he used Awoniyi, you wonder if he’s ever watched these boys at their club. I remember Rangers fans also laughing about how he uses Aribo…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Please tell me how many of the 4th division players were playing their first International competitive game???? In our team we had Taiwo, and Onyeka we had four players off form Collins, Aribo, Simon and Aina. That half the team then we had Ekong who is not a good defender (nice guy). We got away with against Cape Verde but at some point your luck is going to run out.
So now it is the first game that matters and not the fact that they are playing at the top level in Europe? So when do we give credit to the CAR lower level players? When do you call out Rohr?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

So now it is the first game that matters and not the fact that they are playing at the top level in Europe? So when do we give credit to the CAR lower level players? When do you call out Rohr?

Bros, time to be done with these excuses. Enough of it already. We were simply outreached. Plain and simple.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm

Bros, time to be done with these excuses. Enough of it already. We were simply outreached. Plain and simple.
I can’t stand Rohr so I am not making excuses for him but the team put out was wack, the team put out against Cape Verde was equally wack. We got away with it against Cape Verde because they scored an own goal. But at some point your luck runs out which happened yesterday.

Why was Tyrone (RB) and Sanusi (LB) dropped??? Sanusi played in the quarter finals of the Champions league last season while Collins helped Paderborn get relegated. Why hasn’t Rohr actively been scouting for Nididi’s backup? Why doesn’t the team prioritise the practice of set-plays? I have seen any equipment used for set play drills during the videos of the practice sessions. Like said before no matter who is in charge the team always has deadwood. Why is Musa still playing when he has lost his pace?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm

I can’t stand Rohr so I am not making excuses for him but the team put out was wack, the team put out against Cape Verde was equally wack. We got away with it against Cape Verde because they scored an own goal. But at some point your luck runs out which happened yesterday.

Why was Tyrone (RB) and Sanusi (LB) dropped??? Sanusi played in the quarter finals of the Champions league last season while Collins helped Paderborn get relegated. Why hasn’t Rohr actively been scouting for Nididi’s backup? Why doesn’t the team prioritise the practice of set-plays? I have seen any equipment used for set play drills during the videos of the practice sessions. Like said before no matter who is in charge the team always has deadwood. Why is Musa still playing when he has lost his pace?
My point is the personnel should not matter. Our third team personnel is better than their first team. Is not a po ersonnel issue. Look to how the game was managed. That us where the issue lies. If we begin to look at personnel then you cannot come back and claim that we should be OK laying players in the top leagues in Europe. Where is the logic?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If we play a 4-4-2, I predict a labored 1-0 win for Nigeria. If we change formation then I see us winning 2-0 or 3-0.