Fire Rohr ....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fire Rohr ....

Post by fabio »

gochino wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:01 am
Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 am I doubt Rohr will get a job in the second division in Europe's top leagues. We always hire these come from nowhere oyibos to coach simply because we have low self-esteem. We are quick to fire the likes of Keshi or Amodu (both Rip), while the likes of Rohr get 5 years to develop a team. Rohr said this team will be ready by 2022, it's 2021 now, and still nothing to show for it.

If it's Finidi or Amuneke or any black coach from Europe (They don't get chances) let's give them a chance.
Did you check Rohr's record before making the emboldened statement? Maybe his best years are gone by but he managed a few clubs in top leagues in Europe in the past and even led Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final.

Meanwhile, his target is to guide the team to win the 2021 Africa Nation's Cup and qualification to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
That was 25 years ago, so what exactly is your point?
The point was Rohr managed TOP clubs in Europe like Bordeaux, Nice and Young Boys :taunt: that was enough to impress Pinnick.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:01 am
Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 am I doubt Rohr will get a job in the second division in Europe's top leagues. We always hire these come from nowhere oyibos to coach simply because we have low self-esteem. We are quick to fire the likes of Keshi or Amodu (both Rip), while the likes of Rohr get 5 years to develop a team. Rohr said this team will be ready by 2022, it's 2021 now, and still nothing to show for it.

If it's Finidi or Amuneke or any black coach from Europe (They don't get chances) let's give them a chance.
Did you check Rohr's record before making the emboldened statement? Maybe his best years are gone by but he managed a few clubs in top leagues in Europe in the past and even led Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final.

Meanwhile, his target is to guide the team to win the 2021 Africa Nation's Cup and qualification to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
That was 25 years ago, so what exactly is your point?
Well he still had a job in a top European league a little over 5 years before he got the SE job. And he has been working since. So how does that disqualify him from getting jobs at second division leagues in Europe?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 am Well he still had a job in a top European league a little over 5 years before he got the SE job. And he has been working since. So how does that disqualify him from getting jobs at second division leagues in Europe?
He was Nantes for less than year ((1 July 2009 – 3 December 2009)
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:34 pm I gave up on that manager after just two matches at Russia 2018 - you hardly see me post on Super Eagles after that world cup and with that man still in charge. It's a waste of time.
Gave up on him after the Argentina game (gave up on some of the players too).

It was the moment which confirmed Rohr is more suited to waiting tables at a fancy restaurant in the Swiss Alps than managing the Nigeria football team.

I didn't even know Nigeria had played and had lost to CAR at home. I couldn't care less at this point.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have defended Rohr more than most people on this forum. but empirically he is NOT good enough to coach Nigeria. Not sentimentally, just based on the hard facts. He is a very nice person and I would love to have a coffee with him and all of that, but the hard facts says he is lacking.

The thing about Rohr though, and the reason why I spent so many years defending him, is that he is ALMOST good enough. His stats are good, just not what we require. If he was a footballer, you would send him out on loan.
The NFF may be reluctant to fire him, because we could do much worse. In fact, the odds that we will do worse is very high. BUT we may have to take that risk.

When you look at the talent at his disposal and the number of games he has had at the helm, and you also look at his win rate, it simply is not good enough. He should be averaging something like 1.85-2 points per game. Right now he is on 1.76 points per game. Admirable, especially considering his large sample size, but not good enough.

The critical flaw of the Franco-German is that he does not ACCEPT responsibility. He deflects. He is a politician, which perhaps explains his longevity. He does not try to exceed expectation, he tries to manage expectation. This makes him a genius as far as his own personal interests go, but as far as OUR interests go, we are the fools. If you notice, he has excuses lined up for EVERY match. He never scrutinizes his tactics, and he very rarely impacts a game. He seems to be more of a great technical director than a coach.

My advise to the NFF would be, don't fire him, retain him as a TD, but hire a real coach. As a TD he was right to bring in Awoniyi into the squad for example, but since he is not a real coach, he mismanaged his introduction into the team. I can go on and on about set pieces and all of that, but the list is very lengthy. Rohr says that our objectives must be tempered due to our talent, when in reality it is the other way around, the plethora of talent that we have, have been concealing his failings.

Chipotle Sauce
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:10 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 am Well he still had a job in a top European league a little over 5 years before he got the SE job. And he has been working since. So how does that disqualify him from getting jobs at second division leagues in Europe?
He was Nantes for less than year ((1 July 2009 – 3 December 2009)
And how does this revelation disqualify him from getting jobs in a second division club in Europe’s top leagues? It’s a simple question.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who started this ill-advised thread? Rohr must stay!!!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You dis guy :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:37 pm Who started this ill-advised thread? Rohr must stay!!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tbite wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:22 am I have defended Rohr more than most people on this forum. but empirically he is NOT good enough to coach Nigeria. Not sentimentally, just based on the hard facts. He is a very nice person and I would love to have a coffee with him and all of that, but the hard facts says he is lacking.

The thing about Rohr though, and the reason why I spent so many years defending him, is that he is ALMOST good enough. His stats are good, just not what we require. If he was a footballer, you would send him out on loan.
The NFF may be reluctant to fire him, because we could do much worse. In fact, the odds that we will do worse is very high. BUT we may have to take that risk.

When you look at the talent at his disposal and the number of games he has had at the helm, and you also look at his win rate, it simply is not good enough. He should be averaging something like 1.85-2 points per game. Right now he is on 1.76 points per game. Admirable, especially considering his large sample size, but not good enough.

The critical flaw of the Franco-German is that he does not ACCEPT responsibility. He deflects. He is a politician, which perhaps explains his longevity. He does not try to exceed expectation, he tries to manage expectation. This makes him a genius as far as his own personal interests go, but as far as OUR interests go, we are the fools. If you notice, he has excuses lined up for EVERY match. He never scrutinizes his tactics, and he very rarely impacts a game. He seems to be more of a great technical director than a coach.

My advise to the NFF would be, don't fire him, retain him as a TD, but hire a real coach. As a TD he was right to bring in Awoniyi into the squad for example, but since he is not a real coach, he mismanaged his introduction into the team. I can go on and on about set pieces and all of that, but the list is very lengthy. Rohr says that our objectives must be tempered due to our talent, when in reality it is the other way around, the plethora of talent that we have, have been concealing his failings.

Chipotle Sauce
Good points.

Said as much... dude is a good manager (people manager) but deficient as a coach. I don't like that we play down to our opponents while conceding to higher-ranked opponents (as in going it expecting to lose).

There's nothing in his tactics, strategy, in-game adjustments, personnel changes (who and when to sub), managing call-ups (as to cup-tie them even when there are subs remaining), that gives me confidence that he can hack it with the elites or even our mates.

I have asked even the arrogantly obtuse football intellectuals like TXJ and Damunk if after 5+ years can they explain in simple terms how his team plays... what type of team do we have? What is his football philosophy? Go dig up game threads from year one... we are talking the same ish going into year 6. How long is the lesson/learning period? The only thing he has improved somewhat with is his substitution... but he still gets the wrong guy subed.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!