CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by Gotti »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:04 pm Oshimen has his faults - one is being static ( i think he was tired ) and the other is being level headed.

BUT if Ejuke has passed the first and OShimen was off - Oshimen would have learned and be ready for the second , He like everyone else did not know what Ejuke was going to do !

Trust this - as long as Rohr is coach and Iwobi is available Ejuke will be benched. I will take bets on that all day.
A more succinct indictment of Rohr could not stated...well done. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:07 pm
chif456 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm His team mates will want to have his head. If he goes on the end of mazy runs and puts the ball in the back of the net or gets penalties, they will tolerate it but he will be very frustrating to play with. Supremely skilled plater, low center of gravity, pace and power but if he can learn to look for the pass, develop a more strategic football mind - we have a potential ballon d'or on our hands.
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm Ejuke is going to divide opinion. That's what players like him do. He may also not be a very popular figure among his teammates, but for my money, the coach needs to protect his place and keep him in the team.

Should he always start? I think he's one good developmental season away from being ready for primetime. BUT the boy is goooooddd. What he has, you cannot learn if you ain't got it already. He will cause debates, etc. He's an excellent talent
Ejuke is not very productive with his wayward dribbling. He simply has to learn to pass the ball. We could have won 4 - 0 if only he’d have looked up and spotted wide open players❗️

Cheers.
but at least those chances are comming.

as opposed to not comming at all.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:04 pm
Oguleftie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm This guy again!! Look at your mate. He is free. You did well to draw the defender to you. Selfish git!!
he did not have a clear pass to Osimehn.

Like I said with Napoli, Osimehn needs to improve his movement, sometimes he is too static, just waiting for the ball.
You keep defending him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .. the whole aim of the dribble is to create space for your teammates by drawing defenders to yourself abi ? Ok o.

Lets keep praising him , he did better than musa and nacho - that should now be a yard stick.

Knowing the way Rohr is conservative Ejuke will be starting on the bench more as long as Musa and Nacho are healthy , moreso when Iwobi is available.

An dthe reason will be this ball hugging
The 1st time he should pass to Osimhen, Osimhen was at least shoulder offside.
The 2nd time he should pass to Osimhen, Osimhen was at least feet offside.
Oshimen has his faults - one is being static ( i think he was tired ) and the other is being level headed.

BUT if Ejuke has passed the first and OShimen was off - Oshimen would have learned and be ready for the second , He like everyone else did not know what Ejuke was going to do !

Trust this - as long as Rohr is coach and Iwobi is available Ejuke will be benched. I will take bets on that all day.
Well said, no one knows what he’s going to do, but he had chances to slip in Osimhen and it’s not like there’s VAR a close shave offside might be given in our favor. But it’s the fact that he doesn’t even try to look up that would frustrate teammates. He can’t really say ‘oh I saw you but I thought you might be offside’, but he never looked up so how would you know where I was?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Na CAR we play oo. Just like playing Eritrea
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm This guy again!! Look at your mate. He is free. You did well to draw the defender to you. Selfish git!!

Like I said with Napoli, Osimehn needs to improve his movement, sometimes he is too static, just waiting for the ball.
You keep defending him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .. the whole aim of the dribble is to create space for your teammates by drawing defenders to yourself abi ? Ok o.

Lets keep praising him , he did better than musa and nacho - that should now be a yard stick.

Knowing the way Rohr is conservative Ejuke will be starting on the bench more as long as Musa and Nacho are healthy , moreso when Iwobi is available.

Oshimen has his faults - one is being static ( i think he was tired ) and the other is being level headed.

Osinhen should realize it after the 1st time when Ejuke further advanced, and should then retreat backwards a little bit and try to ghost like Rossi, but he did not..
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

A lot of dead weight on this team, Moses Simon? Ahmed Musa, the Oyinbo wall is made of pali! And to make it worse they have no coach!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:10 pm Na CAR we play oo. Just like playing Eritrea
And you can only beat the team that’s in front of you. It’s the same guys that beat us last week, you remember?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

A 2 nil scoreline for me is still underwhelming as I there is no discernible pattern of play. Happy that all we need is a draw to move onto the knockouts, however I was expecting 6 points from this break.

Onto the next one however I feel we need a new direction and I was am one of Rhors biggest fans, stability and all gets you only so far.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
This man, you sabi bolu :thumbs:
I alwayd liked him

Yimu. Wingback, you guys can have him if you like. But as an attacking player/winger? He's a complete zero. Cannot run fast, cannot cross, cannot cut in, cannot dribble, cannot score. All he has is effort.
I actually agree. As part of a front three, he’s not good enough. But I’m the system we played today, he’s the best we have, and he’s pretty good.
Ok, but tell me this. I'm not super sure what formation Rohr was playing, because with Collins and Omeruo both present, I wasn't sure who the 3rd center back was- Collins or Omeruo. If Collins was the 3rd center back, then it means that Omeruo was the wingback and thus Simon spent 90 minutes giving him defensive cover, and producing nothing offensively.

Me ehn, I think one has to construct a team in a way that gives you advantages. Don't waste spots. Are there some things Simon does well? Yes, but he's so limited offensively that he hurts the team.
Dean, our two wing backs were Simon on the right and Jamilu Collins on the left. Three CBs were initially Colin Awaziem, Troost-Ekong and Balogun, then Balogun was subbed (like for like) for Omeruo.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:13 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
This man, you sabi bolu :thumbs:
I alwayd liked him

Yimu. Wingback, you guys can have him if you like. But as an attacking player/winger? He's a complete zero. Cannot run fast, cannot cross, cannot cut in, cannot dribble, cannot score. All he has is effort.
I actually agree. As part of a front three, he’s not good enough. But I’m the system we played today, he’s the best we have, and he’s pretty good.
Ok, but tell me this. I'm not super sure what formation Rohr was playing, because with Collins and Omeruo both present, I wasn't sure who the 3rd center back was- Collins or Omeruo. If Collins was the 3rd center back, then it means that Omeruo was the wingback and thus Simon spent 90 minutes giving him defensive cover, and producing nothing offensively.

Me ehn, I think one has to construct a team in a way that gives you advantages. Don't waste spots. Are there some things Simon does well? Yes, but he's so limited offensively that he hurts the team.
Dean, our two wing backs were Simon on the right and Jamilu Collins on the left. Three CBs were initially Colin Awaziem, Troost-Ekong and Balogun, then Balogun was subbed (like for like) for Omeruo.
Sorry, mixed up typing Omeruo and Awaziem. But good to know
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:12 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:10 pm Na CAR we play oo. Just like playing Eritrea
And you can only beat the team that’s in front of you. It’s the same guys that beat us last week, you remember?
That was inexplicable, we can’t praise our players for beating 4th division players, we haven’t sunk that low to be celebrating this…we should have been professional and won both games, even that shouldn’t be celebrated as we should be using these teams as training fodder to build up a cohesive team for the next round where we will be facing much tougher opposition.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:16 pm
That was inexplicable, we can’t praise our players for beating 4th division players, we haven’t sunk that low to be celebrating this…we should have been professional and won both games, even that shouldn’t be celebrated as we should be using these teams as training fodder to build up a cohesive team for the next round where we will be facing much tougher opposition.
At the end of the day, they are top of the group and on track to qualify. I've seen better SE teams struggle against similar sides. Lets panic when there's something to panic about
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Football can be unpredictable. We are not the first giant to have fallen
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

If we can chastize them for losing, we can praise them for winning, otherwise we are just a sad , sorry, miserable bunch...maybe we should live a little. We won, 3 points in the bag and the mission to qualify for 2022 is still on

All this while realising we have more work to do
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Osinhen should realize it after the 1st time when Ejuke further advanced, and should then retreat backwards a little bit and try to ghost like Rossi, but he did not..
You guys should realize that regardless of what Osimhen did, Ejuke was NOT going to pass the ball, he never looked up once to try and find a teammate. He was head down run run run…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:09 pmWell said, no one knows what he’s going to do, but he had chances to slip in Osimhen and it’s not like there’s VAR a close shave offside might be given in our favor. But it’s the fact that he doesn’t even try to look up that would frustrate teammates. He can’t really say ‘oh I saw you but I thought you might be offside’, but he never looked up so how would you know where I was?
CONTEXT is important in football...
Rohr was playing "prevent offense" in that second-half.

Eg, when Iheanacho went to take a throw-in around the 60th min, one of coaches barked at him to "leave am, we dey win"! Accordingly, Ejuke's role was probably primarily to help better RETAIN POSSESSION (as Musa tired and was beginning to repeatedly lose the ball). In the process, he dredged up chances and half-chances virtually out of NOTHING almost entirely by himself (those were not the result of any team moves or combination), sometimes as he was struggling to just keep his feet while riding opposition tackles and challenges, but ultimately just as fortuitously failed to help us take full advantage thereof. GOOD GAME overall.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:18 pmAt the end of the day, they are top of the group and on track to qualify. I've seen better SE teams struggle against similar sides. Lets panic when there's something to panic about
Like we did on Thursday...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:17 pm Game starts 3pm Nigerian time.
On ESPN+
hesgoal.com
NFF website

Lineup
3-5-2
Okoye
Awaziem
Balogun
Ekong
Simon
Collins
Onyeka
Aribo
Musa
Iheanacho
Osimhen
Kai, I missed this game, wahoo! Finally, we deployed our 3-5-2 formation? Damn, I wish I watched it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I honestly hope the debate about Ejuke doesn't get out of hand. He's an exceptional talent. What he needs now is a developmental coach (at club level) and a nurturing coach at National Team level. We'd only be better for it as he grows into maturity.

To me, his game is very similar to Messi's game. He doesn't have Messi's marksmanship...so people will keep saying he should have passed to X/ he should have passed to Y. But they don't say that about Messi, because when Messi goes on his runs, he scores.
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Panic? What panic…..?
Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:18 pmAt the end of the day, they are top of the group and on track to qualify. I've seen better SE teams struggle against similar sides. Lets panic when there's something to panic about
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Because we are playing like crap. You can't lose to Fiji islands and use it as justification for beating whats in front of you. Haba na, have we degenerated to this level?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 pm
Me, I didn't panic on Thursday. Embarrassed? Yes. Disappointed? Absolutely. But topping the table and losing to an inferior team on a defensive blunder did not spell panic to me.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:19 pmYou guys should realize that regardless of what Osimhen did, Ejuke was NOT going to pass the ball, he never looked up once to try and find a teammate. He was head down run run run…
He was "head down" because he was struggling to stay on his feet as he rode myriad tackles...

Rather have a player who dares to run at (and take on) opposing defenders, than the army of sideways/backward passers who populate the team.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL