Helen Nkwocha - First female coach of mens european team.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Helen Nkwocha - First female coach of mens european team.

Post by soothsayer »

Nice to hear that some are breaking new ground, Just saw an article about this lady Helen Nkwocha being the first female coach of a European top-flight men's team
Okay , its just faroe Island , and the team is facing relegation, but still a milestone.
It is inspirational that she decided to drop her career as a police officer to pursue her dreams in full time coaching.

But it does make me wonder, would Nigeria in this decade accept a woman coaching a mens' team in top divisions? Do we have any?
The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Helen Nkwocha - First female coach of mens european team.

Post by The Eagle »

soothsayer wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:40 pm Nice to hear that some are breaking new ground, Just saw an article about this lady Helen Nkwocha being the first female coach of a European top-flight men's team
Okay , its just faroe Island , and the team is facing relegation, but still a milestone.
It is inspirational that she decided to drop her career as a police officer to pursue her dreams in full time coaching.

But it does make me wonder, would Nigeria in this decade accept a woman coaching a mens' team in top divisions? Do we have any?
The late Ajuma Ameh-Otache (RIP), an ex-Falcon, managed (i.e. coached) Goodland Rangers, a men's team that was then in the fourth tier in Nigeria.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

soothsayer wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:40 pm Nice to hear that some are breaking new ground, Just saw an article about this lady Helen Nkwocha being the first female coach of a European top-flight men's team

:clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

The Eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:43 pm

The late Ajuma Ameh-Otache (RIP), an ex-Falcon, managed (i.e. coached) Goodland Rangers, a men's team that was then in the fourth tier in Nigeria.
Oh good shout. Sad she died so young.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Nice for her really but it sounds like you are trying to provide justification for Mercy Akide’s demand to coach the SuperEagles🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:35 pm

Nice for her really but it sounds like you are trying to provide justification for Mercy Akide’s demand to coach the SuperEagles🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
TTTK

How now? Abi Mercy no be coach?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:42 am

Cheers.
TTTK

How now? Abi Mercy no be coach?
EII, na who she dey coach? Small time now, my youth league coach of the Cow Lane Babies sef go wan coach SuperEagles🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TTTK

I get your point. My own be say she should be considered on merit and there are likely better qualified candidates. But she should be in the pool and not be denied because she is female. Make we look Yobo resume, make we look other's resume as well.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm TTTK

I get your point. My own be say she should be considered on merit and there are likely better qualified candidates. But she should be in the pool and not be denied because she is female. Make we look Yobo resume, make we look other's resume as well.
EII,

Merit is the all important word. I am not saying she should not be considered because she’s female but because she’s obviously not qualified. Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t recommend my youth league coach, who is male and was a full time butcher at Agbo Malu when he wasn’t coaching us, for the job either😃❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cheers.
I like the way you don leap like the Tiger you don dey try to kill, reach conclusion say somebody dey provide justification for Mercy Akide 🤣😂.
The person bring breakthrough news of our Naija daughter breaking what seems to new grounds but you never comot for tigar stalking mode, leaping to conclusion here and there. Hmmm, take time o. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Cheers.
I like the way you don leap like the Tiger you don dey try to kill, reach conclusion say somebody dey provide justification for Mercy Akide 🤣😂.
The person bring breakthrough news of our Naija daughter breaking what seems to new grounds but you never comot for tigar stalking mode, leaping to conclusion here and there. Hmmm, take time o. :tic:
Oh papa jimmy, Helen Nkwocha’s accomplishments are extremely laudable but make una no take style drag Naija enta inside. By asking if Nigeria would accept a female coach for a men’s top division team, he was obviously trying to run interference for Mercy Akide. Always remember not to try and con a conman😃❗️

Cheers.