So it has finally come down to mathematics to qualify from the weakest WCQ group

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
So it has finally come down to mathematics to qualify from the weakest WCQ group

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So the SE will wait to do maths to qualify for the final round . Smh . i know folks on these forums like the EPs( enemies of Progress) used this to sing left and right stating no more calculus abi trigonometry to qualify for any tournament.. today we are wasting for Further mathematics to save the SE ...all thanks to that ****
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So it has finally come down to mathematics to qualify from the weakest WCQ group

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Only dummies need. a calculator to figure this out. We qualify if we win our next game . Why do you need a calculator for that? Olodo Rabata?
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: So it has finally come down to mathematics to qualify from the weakest WCQ group

Post by olu »

No it hasn't. If we win our remaining games we qualify regardless of what the other teams do.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We're actually in a comfortable position. Our next away game is against a team that has already been eliminated, while CV will play a team that still has a fighting chance so will have a tougher game.

Then we host CV at home to round off the qualifiers.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It's obvious Mathematics wasn't your "thing" in school.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Orion wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:11 am We're actually in a comfortable position. Our next away game is against a team that has already been eliminated, while CV will play a team that still has a fighting chance so will have a tougher game.

Then we host CV at home to round off the qualifiers.
We should be playing Liberia in Ghana so thats a big bonus.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

It always comes down to "mathematics".
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:31 am So the SE will wait to do maths to qualify for the final round . Smh . i know folks on these forums like the EPs( enemies of Progress) used this to sing left and right stating no more calculus abi trigonometry to qualify for any tournament.. today we are wasting for Further mathematics to save the SE ...all thanks to that ****
Nigeria need a minimum of 4 points and they qualify but if Cape Verde drop points and Nigeria wins,Nigeria qualifies.I’m not even good at maths so don’t stress.Hopefully Nigeria doesn’t play anyone too organised in the next round or your dreams will be realised.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:19 am It's obvious Mathematics wasn't your "thing" in school.
Only Mathematics? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:55 am It always comes down to "mathematics".
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think the poster meant using calculators instead of straightforward mathematics.

We can’t afford to drop points before our final decider against Cape Verde who have been lucky to get a last minute winner in both their last 2 games.
Last edited by Lolly on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

No math needed

The SE will qualify. The problem the SE need to avoid is being overtaken in the FIFA ranking by another African team (likely Egypt) before the final round of playoff and thus having to navigate a significantly more difficult fixture
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:41 pm No math needed

The SE will qualify. The problem the SE need to avoid is being overtaken in the FIFA ranking by another African team (likely Egypt) before the final round of playoff and thus having to navigate a significantly more difficult fixture
Are we sure the final round will be seeded?
Been trying to confirm this but can’t.
It should be, but I’m not certain it has been agreed to.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yeah, I haven't see anything that confirms this is the case. But it is the only thing that makes sense

How else would it be done?
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Are we sure the final round will be seeded?
Been trying to confirm this but can’t.
It should be, but I’m not certain it has been agreed to.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The seed is not based on ranking, but on past past WC qualification record. We will be fine.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Pinnick said the draw for next round of qualifiers will be based on FIFA rankings in the interview he did with Mitchel Obi after the Cape Verde away game.
Top 5 FIFA ranked v Bottom 5 FIFA ranked. He was saying he was elated with the win as it means we will avoid Algeria, Senegal, Morocco etc...guess he didn't see CAR coming. Hope Egypt don't overtake us to 5th.

Q
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AFCON will determine rankings, what i mean is performing well will help boost rankings. playoffs are in march...however when are the draws ?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

quickie wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:59 pm Pinnick said the draw for next round of qualifiers will be based on FIFA rankings in the interview he did with Mitchel Obi after the Cape Verde away game.
Top 5 FIFA ranked v Bottom 5 FIFA ranked. He was saying he was elated with the win as it means we will avoid Algeria, Senegal, Morocco etc...guess he didn't see CAR coming. Hope Egypt don't overtake us to 5th.

Q
no mind am , bobo no look road before e cross mainroad
SuperEagles

Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:16 pm

AFCON will determine rankings, what i mean is performing well will help boost rankings. playoffs are in march...however when are the draws ?
Will the draws be done before or after AFCON?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

If we have to play Algeria, Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast or Egypt in the next round, we are out! Our team isn't good or well coach enough to beat these teams! Actually we will struggle against Mali,Ghana, Cameroon or Tunisia as well!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ahem. Chief I think Senegal, CIV, Egypt and Tunisia are all there for the taking. Algeria and Morocco appear to be the strongest teams even though Algeria has B Faso seemingly capable of the big upset in their group.

All that said, the road to Qatar doesn’t have to be that difficult. Nigeria are no 3 in Africa and despite the loss to CAR shoukd be able to remain in the top 5

Undertaker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:10 am If we have to play Algeria, Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast or Egypt in the next round, we are out! Our team isn't good or well coach enough to beat these teams! Actually we will struggle against Mali,Ghana, Cameroon or Tunisia as well!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:27 am Ahem. Chief I think Senegal, CIV, Egypt and Tunisia are all there for the taking. Algeria and Morocco appear to be the strongest teams even though Algeria has B Faso seemingly capable of the big upset in their group.

All that said, the road to Qatar doesn’t have to be that difficult. Nigeria are no 3 in Africa and despite the loss to CAR shoukd be able to remain in the top 5

Undertaker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:10 am If we have to play Algeria, Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast or Egypt in the next round, we are out! Our team isn't good or well coach enough to beat these teams! Actually we will struggle against Mali,Ghana, Cameroon or Tunisia as well!
Yujam, not be afraid to be objective on this forum. Tunisia, Senegal and Egypt don't lose to teams like Sierra Leone, and CAR or struggle against Liberia, Cape verde!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robotnik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:55 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Will the draws be done before or after AFCON?
Most likely before,this is FIFA not CAF who procrastinate.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:31 am So the SE will wait to do maths to qualify for the final round . Smh . i know folks on these forums like the EPs( enemies of Progress) used this to sing left and right stating no more calculus abi trigonometry to qualify for any tournament.. today we are wasting for Further mathematics to save the SE ...all thanks to that ****
Hmm Bigpokey24, you sef, na wa-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.