AWCON Qs: SUPER FALCONS SQUAD vs GHANA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
AWCON Qs: SUPER FALCONS SQUAD vs GHANA

Post by Gotti »

CAF and their DUMB idea for a more "representational" AWCON (and several other competitions) has two of the STRONGEST teams in African women's football - Nigeria and Ghana - meeting each other in the qualifiers, and thereby weakening the tournament proper by necessarily precluding Ghana's participation in the AWCON tournament (presumably :lol: )...

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/super-falco ... als-ghana/
Super Falcons call up Oshoala, 22 others for Titanic qualifier against arch-rivals Ghana
Score Nigeria Reporter by Score Nigeria Reporter October 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Captain Asisat Oshoala will lead 22 other players to the Super Falcons training camp in Lagos Sunday ahead of a Titanic Women’s AFCON qualifier against arch-rivals Ghana.

The first clash against the Black Queens of Ghana will be played at the Mobolaji Johnson Arena on Wednesday, 20th October.

The return leg is scheduled for Sunday, 24th October in Accra.

The winners over two legs will join hosts Morocco and 10 other countries for the 12th Women’s Africa Cup of Nations next year summer.

Besides Barcelona forward Oshoala, coach Randy Waldrum has invited goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie, defenders Onome Ebi and Osinachi Ohale, midfielders Rasheedat Ajibade and Regina #$%, forwards Gift Monday and Vivian Ikechukwu, and 15 others.

There are also defenders Glory Ogbonna, midfielders Rita Chikwelu and Toni Payne and forwards Desire Oparanozie, Uchenna Kanu and Francisca Ordega.

THE SQUAD:

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Maccabi Kishronot Hadera, Israel); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France); Yewande Balogun (California Storm, USA)

Defenders: Onome Ebi (Minsk FC, Belarus); Glory Ogbonna (Umea FC, Sweden); Osinachi Ohale (Deportivo Alaves, Spain); Ayomide Ojo (Edo Queens); Rafiat Imuran (Rivers Angels); Opeyemi Sunday (Edo Queens); Oluwatosin Demehin (Rivers Angels); Akudo Ogbonna (Edo Queens)

Midfielders: Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain); Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain); Toni Oyedupe Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain); Regina #$% (Minsk FC, Belarus); Goodness Onyebuchi (Edo Queens); Joy Bokiri (AIK FC, Sweden)

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Francisca Ordega (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Gift Monday (FC Robo Queens); Uchenna Kanu (Linkopings FC, Sweden); Desire Oparanozie (Dijon FC, France); Vivian Ikechukwu (Rivers Angels)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON Qs: SUPER FALCONS SQUAD vs GHANA

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, I thought some of the ITKs on CE assured us that the Aisha Buhari Cup was a "send off" party for older players?! :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:21 am Meanwhile, I thought some of the ITKs on CE assured us that the Aisha Buhari Cup was a "send off" party for older players?! :blink:
I never recalled any one on this forum giving that assertion. They were merely giving their opinions and observations. The question is do we have replacements for Oparanozie, Ordega, Chikwelu, Ebi currently home and abroad? The answer is a resounding YES!! But it is left to the current coaching crew to decide. I am looking forward to the CAF Champions League to watch Rivers Angels, then you'll see what we are talking about.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:21 am Meanwhile, I thought some of the ITKs on CE assured us that the Aisha Buhari Cup was a "send off" party for older players?! :blink:
:lol: You too like trouble for an old man.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Ghana will probably win. I have no faith in the current coach.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:16 pm
:lol: You too like trouble for an old man.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:13 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The call for the “overhauling” of the Super Falcons was totally unrealistic because it had no foundation in logic but was based entirely on emotion. The call was made a few days after the Super Falcons lost to SA in a friendly and just 1 day after the U-20 Falcons beat their Cape Verde counterparts by a wide margin. Proponents of the “overhaul” gave little or no consideration to the fact that the SA women are light years ahead of the CV women in strength and talent❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 amI never recalled any one on this forum giving that assertion. They were merely giving their opinions and observations. The question is do we have replacements for Oparanozie, Ordega, Chikwelu, Ebi currently home and abroad? The answer is a resounding YES!! But it is left to the current coaching crew to decide. I am looking forward to the CAF Champions League to watch Rivers Angels, then you'll see what we are talking about.
Captain Obvious, when was the injection of new talent ever an issue for the Super Falcons?
The likes of Chiamaka Nnadozie, Rasheedat Ajibade, Chidinma Okeke, etc, were youth team player just a couple of years ago.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL