The Oyinbo wall are so embarrassing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
The Oyinbo wall are so embarrassing

Post by highbury »

More especially Troost. He is such an embarrassment and he knew he was. How can a supposed Captain not know any of these? What is their purpose of playing for Nigeria? I guarantee they would have known when Germany and Holland last won the Euro Cup. Frauds!

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Oyinbo wall are so embarrassing

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What do u expect when your captain is strapped with a go pro camera in training. These 2 obviously took advantage of the chance to play for us, now they're captain and senior men. I mean, who would even know them if they didn't play for SE? Disgraceful!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The defending is the biggest embarrassing thing about them! They were both below average!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

[media] [/media]

Same thing with Iwobi and Aina.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

What do you expect? They didn't grow up in Nigeria.
highbury wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:40 am More especially Troost. He is such an embarrassment and he knew he was. How can a supposed Captain not know any of these? What is their purpose of playing for Nigeria? I guarantee they would have known when Germany and Holland last won the Euro Cup. Frauds!

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

olu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:08 pm What do you expect? They didn't grow up in Nigeria.
highbury wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:40 am More especially Troost. He is such an embarrassment and he knew he was. How can a supposed Captain not know any of these? What is their purpose of playing for Nigeria? I guarantee they would have known when Germany and Holland last won the Euro Cup. Frauds!

Haba, they are one of the leaders in the team. Don't you think that one should at least know some of the histories of the team you play for? I hold the leaders of the team to a higher standard.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

****'s team is always learning...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:30 pm ****'s team is always learning...
You are a wicked man :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

olu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:08 pm What do you expect? They didn't grow up in Nigeria.

Must we defend everything? Haba, this is embarasing. When you go for a job interview, one the first questions is always," What do you know about our company?"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...granted they should have known answers to those questions, but were they faking?
The NFA should mandate history of wins by the national side by posting on a big lettered-head on the entrance to their home dressing room, or stadium.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:53 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:30 pm ****'s team is always learning...
You are a wicked man :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

At risk of overreacting to this, but I think Troost should know more as stand-in Captain.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Balogun did well and you can tell he is a fan. But Troost's responses were shameful He didn't even try. That says he was never a fan before he started playing for us.

But I can tell you if the same quiz was taken on the streets of a major city in Nigeria, only half would get 2 out of 3 questions or more right.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:53 pm

...granted they should have known answers to those questions, but were they faking?
The NFA should mandate history of wins by the national side by posting on a big lettered-head on the entrance to their home dressing room, or stadium.
Definitely with more and more foreign born players on the team they should be having history sessions about the country/team to help bridge that gap and build that love and appreciation and pride for their country.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I'm frankly amused at all the indignant responses here from people who fled the country they claim to love and left other people to solve their problems. Abeg, STFU! (Please read that last one in as loud a voice as you can imagine).

Wha choo looking at?!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Balogun did well and you can tell he is a fan. But Troost's responses were shameful He didn't even try. That says he was never a fan before he started playing for us.

But I can tell you if the same quiz was taken on the streets of a major city in Nigeria, only half would get 2 out of 3 questions or more right.
But they are not “captain” of the team. My sense is that the team captain should know more/educate himself more. That knowledge is important in motivation and connecting with the players. Apart from the question about hosting the tournament, Ekong should have fared better. To my mind, Balogun did great. These days with information all over the place…???

If you made me captain of team USA, hope I’d know a lot more of their history after 2 years. Heck, I know a little bit and I’m not even a fan of the team.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:19 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Definitely with more and more foreign born players on the team they should be having history sessions about the country/team to help bridge that gap and build that love and appreciation and pride for their country.
...that there is the NFA's responsibility, but I doubt they will even consider it since it doesn't generate money for them. Pride of country is last on their mind.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

many here are US or British Citizens, I am very sure una no sabi sing them national anthem, talkess of history or how many gold Cup the US don win
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Do you really think the other Super Eagles even the locally raised ones will do much better?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

kalani JR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:43 pm Do you really think the other Super Eagles even the locally raised ones will do much better?
Every player should know that we last won the Afcon in 2013, its not long ago.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

gochino wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:08 pm
kalani JR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:43 pm Do you really think the other Super Eagles even the locally raised ones will do much better?
Every player should know that we last won the Afcon in 2013, its not long ago.
Almost ten!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Yes…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

On further retrospection, I believe I shouldn't have called them frauds because I don't really know and I don't see any evidence to suggest as such. Consequently, I withdraw my statement. Nevertheless, I am disappointed that they didn't know the answer to what appeared to be a simple question. Troost in particular. Maybe, I am disappointed because I am seeing it thru my own Prism.