Victor Osimhen is back running

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Victor Osimhen is back running

Post by Jmal »

Last edited by Jmal on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Victor Osimhen is back running

Post by Lolly »

Hallelujah. The Lord will strengthen you Victor. You will heal speedily and be stronger than before your injury.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Lolly wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:12 pm Hallelujah. The Lord will strengthen you Victor. You will heal speedily and be stronger than before your injury.
The Lord? Or the doctors who performed the surgery? :roll:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

bushboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:17 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:12 pm Hallelujah. The Lord will strengthen you Victor. You will heal speedily and be stronger than before your injury.
Strengthen means more than a few screws and metal plates. You won't get it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I knew it won't be long before he is up and rearing to go. God bless you Vic. Keep doing what you do best.... score goals.
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Without Lord Allah Nothing heals without his permission be thankfull always before u die,
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Jmal wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:44 pm
Wow.
You can’t but love this guy.
Well done Victor!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:40 pm
Wow.
Well done Victor!
Damunk,

You guys in the medical field should do a thread letting us know about injuries like this and whether Victor should return to training early, regardless of what his club may wish. Is it safe? Can you do a piece on this please.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Last edited by return2k2 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:43 pm
Wow.
Well done Victor!
Damunk,

You guys in the medical field should do a thread letting us know about injuries like this and whether Victor should return to training early, regardless of what his club may wish. Is it safe? Can you do a piece on this please.
Prof, there’s not really much to say to be honest.
It’s a bony injury with possibly several facial bones affected.

Those facial bones are fused along ‘fault’ lines in every adult and it seems he had a crushing fracture which caused:
- a fracture of the ‘cheekbone’ (zygomatic bone) which is that prominence on the upper cheek below the eye socket
- possible fracture-dislocations in one or two of the bones around the eye, causing a (reported) temporary dislodgement of the eyeball from within the eye socket which is itself made up of fused bones (see image below)

Everything has been put back in place (assuming there was significant displacement of the bones) and held in place by tiny plates and screws. It’s basically carpentry in a sense.
Bone takes about 6 weeks to heal.
The eyeball itself has not been reported to have been damaged by the accident.

So hopefully everything heals in position and I suspect the metalwork will be removed after 6-8 weeks.
However I am not a maxillo-facial surgeon and I am explaining only the basic principles here.
They may well have advanced materials that do not require removal…I have no idea.

Anything beyond this is rehabilitation.
Facial guards/masks are just to give further protection to the healed facial bones…. and that is where specialization comes into play from their sports experience.
If they say 3 months, they have already factored in 6 weeks of additional post-healing monitoring.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It seems a little too soon, considering his aggressive playing style they better make sure he's 100%. 2 months has now turned to 2 weeks. Abegi o
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:04 pm It seems a little too soon, considering his aggressive playing style they better make sure he's 100%. 2 months has now turned to 2 weeks. Abegi o
Kongi, he doesn’t have to sit around eating eba for six weeks for a facial injury.
Leg na different matter.

The “three months” given is the proposed timeline for a return to full action. That is double the time it takes for bone to heal (6weeks).
Running around, jumping and kicking are absolutely safe at this point as there will be no physical contact.

It’s not your field so give your feelings a rest.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Thanks, Damunk for your explanations. It makes sense now.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:55 pm
Wow.
Well done Victor!
Damunk,

Those facial bones are fused along ‘fault’ lines in every adult and it seems he had a crushing fracture which caused:
- a fracture of the ‘cheekbone’ (zygomatic bone) which is that prominence on the upper cheek below the eye socket
- possible fracture-dislocations in one or two of the bones around the eye, causing a (reported) temporary dislodgement of the eyeball from within the eye socket which is itself made up of fused bones (see image below)

Everything has been put back in place (assuming there was significant displacement of the bones) and held in place by tiny plates and screws. It’s basically carpentry in a sense.

So hopefully everything heals in position and I suspect the metalwork will be removed after 6-8 weeks.
However I am not a maxillo-facial surgeon and I am explaining only the basic principles here.
They may well have advanced materials that do not require removal…I have no idea.

Facial guards/masks are just to give further protection to the healed facial bones…. and that is where specialization comes into play from their sports experience.
If they say 3 months, they have already factored in 6 weeks of additional post-healing monitoring.
Props Doc :thumb:

I guess he will be wearing a face mask for sometime afterwards. Physicality is a big party of VO's game, let's hope the injury takes nothing aways from his game. He is is tough boy, so praying there is no psychological fallout.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Young healthy people heal quickly. Nigeria must send a letter of invitation to Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He can wear protective gear after 4 to. 6 weeks. It took me 4 weeks.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Wow! Running already? This is amazing. Didn't people say he will be out for months? Well, I hope his recovery continues to go well, we need him
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I think it's the LORD. Only Him can strengthen and quicken Victor's recovery
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:38 pm Wow! Running already? This is amazing. Didn't people say he will be out for months? Well, I hope his recovery continues to go well, we need him
But the injury wasn’t to his legs, this training by himself is fine, but to me more importantly is how long before he can start training with others/competitively before even talking about games. And what precautions are necessary to facilitate a return (face mask etc)
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The resilience and fighting spirit of this kid needs to be studied as a course.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:55 pm
Wow.
Well done Victor!
Damunk,

Damunk,

This is very helpful!!! Thank you :clap: :clap:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:27 pm Young healthy people heal quickly. Nigeria must send a letter of invitation to Afcon.
This is a joke, right?