Guys wining the next 2 games might not be enough

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omonoba
Egg
Egg
Guys wining the next 2 games might not be enough

Post by omonoba »

We really shot ourselves in the foot by losing such a crucial match. imagine a scenario in which we beat s. africa and benin, while morocco beats benin but loses to s.africa in their last game. It will then be down to goals difference.
We need to win our next 2 games convincingly now.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

we need to beat benin by a margin of 2 or more and we should be fine. We might beat SA by 2-1 or even draw 1-1 with them.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

yeah it is looking more like a draw to me I hope we win though
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

juventuss, drawing with SA is not really an option. Too risky; that will leave us with a maximum 4 possible points. Morocco will most likely beat benin in the next round and so in their final game against S.africa a draw will see them top the group. S.africa will be left with 5 points and bye bye eagles
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

yeah but looking at my eagles, they seem flaky and might draw against SA. I hope we win big but i am preparing my self for a quick exit
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Now the statisticians dey come :P
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

trust me a draw with S. africa will not be enough if they and morocco both tie with each other, and morocco ties with Benin. We will go home whether we beat benin 55-3..............We need to win both games and pray one of the others loses one................ :wink:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

morocco is winning all 3 games. thats almost certain
It is left for us to see that we beat SA and benin comfortably

FORZA JUVE
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

yep,yep,yep.......!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

guys, i can't believe some of you have such short memory. IN 2000 in our last game against a morocco, a draw will have seen both teams go thru', but nigeria went all out and beat the moroccans 2-0 sending them out. Do you think if morocco has a chance in the last game against S.africa (by that time they will most likely have 6 points already) to send us out, they won't do it?
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

This will put us in second and a high prospect of facing egypt or Cameroon.

Both of those teams might see us off

FORZA JUVE
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

juventuss wrote:This will put us in second and a high prospect of facing egypt or Cameroon.

Both of those teams might see us off
brother, that's the last of your worries... you're talking about finishing second while your more reasonable mates are worried that we're catching an early flight home.... a draw is the more likely result because i know that my eagles will come out in a suicidal kamikazi frame of mind (remember 2002 vs sweden??? where only west & okoronkwo played defense???) ... One thing I can guarantee you is that SA WILL score... the question is whether we will out score them... and my guess is NO... so you do the maths.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

juventuss wrote:morocco is winning all 3 games. thats almost certain
It is left for us to see that we beat SA and benin comfortably
That is not a certainty, in my estimation, the SE made Morocco look better than they really are and I won't be suprised if the lost to SA .
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Guyz, lets prepare for the worst, b'cos with CCC at the helm of affairs, anything is possible, if u understand what I am say :shock:
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?