Napoli may SUE to prevent Osimhen from AFCON appearance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Napoli may SUE to prevent Osimhen from AFCON appearance

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... tions.html

A lawyer representing Napoli is considering taking legal action to prevent players from taking part in the Africa Cup of Nations set to start next month.

"Given the epidemiological situation, warnings and other similar situations may start,"
he told Calcionapoli24.it.

"This competition takes away important resources from the clubs. This is a particular historical moment, it would be different if there was 99 per cent security and the situation was clear."

"[Napoli] have invested a lot of money in signing Victor Osimhen and if he were to come back infected it would be tough."

"The first step would be a warning [to prevent a call up] then if there were concrete elements to sue because the health standards are not the same as in European competitions, then there could be more appeals to gain an exemption for Europe-based players."
Last edited by proclaimjesus02 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Napoli may SUE to prevent Osimhen from AFCON appearance

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I'm not surprised,they could actually win. Napoli will be without Osihmen, Anguissa and Coulibaly, that's the spine of their team. It'll cost them a CL spot. Imho, Afcon should by moved so that it there's no conflict with club football. Without these teams we wouldn't have top players.
OCCUPY NFF!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:48 pm I'm not surprised,they could actually win. Napoli will be without Osihmen, Anguissa and Coulibaly, that's the spine of their team. It'll cost them a CL spot. Imho, Afcon should by moved so that it there's no conflict with club football. Without these teams we wouldn't have top players.
i keep on wondering can the stadium be cover or play it indoor stadium if is gong to be weather problems because europe football clubs pay alot for this players because it should be plaing in june july before new football season in europe.
thanks
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

He must be really crazy. They don't mind allowing european players play in any tournament, but they are quick to say thrash when it comes to Africa. They have forgotten than it was Nigeria that made Osimhen what he is today. Their stadia are always full even with high case of Covid, but it's always Africa that's their problem.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is no doubt afcon needs to be moved to summer. Enough is enough. Do they not have rainy season in the Amazon of South America ?

But as for this afcon these clubs need to chill. How much will the players be sued ? And that won't exactly make the players want to play and die for their clubs with that kind of relationship.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

naijaguy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:10 pm He must be really crazy. They don't mind allowing european players play in any tournament, but they are quick to say thrash when it comes to Africa. They have forgotten than it was Nigeria that made Osimhen what he is today. Their stadia are always full even with high case of Covid, but it's always Africa that's their problem.
Afcin happens in the middle of the season dude. Top teams with African players are going to take a huge hit, Napoli might be out of Europe by the time their players return.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

delisyomie don wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:04 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:48 pm I'm not surprised,they could actually win. Napoli will be without Osihmen, Anguissa and Coulibaly, that's the spine of their team. It'll cost them a CL spot. Imho, Afcon should by moved so that it there's no conflict with club football. Without these teams we wouldn't have top players.
i keep on wondering can the stadium be cover or play it indoor stadium if is gong to be weather problems because europe football clubs pay alot for this players because it should be plaing in june july before new football season in europe.
The issue for me is that this didn't take all these clubs by suprise. CAF announced this way back in mid-2020. Everyone knew. Why not make the complaints then not a few days to kick off. Everyone knows Covid is not the main issue here but clubs losing their players mid-season. Napoli can't do jack unless Osimhen is not fit to play, the legal action won't go anywhere. But going forward this problem should be looked at. FIFA & all stakeholders should revamp the calender so they can be specific months in which Confederations can stage their competitions that will not clash with club football. E.g. institute a 4 week winter break where qualifiers or nation's league games can be played in Europe when sub-sahara (Wset) Africa can host the AFCON, while north & south Africa can host in June/July/August during their respective turns. This should be the last time this happens otherwise the AFCON future would be in jeopardy. But there's nothing they can do about Cameroon 2021, as it will go ahead as planned.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'm ok with exercising caution and letting Osmihen sit out the AFCON. Despite Napoli's inconsistent performances recently they are not in a rush to bring him back.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

See mindset. Without these players, will these teams worry about CL spot?

These teams will sell the same players without flinching if it's in there interest!
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:56 pm See mindset. Without these players, will these teams worry about CL spot?

These teams will sell the same players without flinching if it's in there interest!

Onku, you've obviously never ran a business before, it's not about mindset or emotional jargon. These players have a rare skill set that makes them extremely valuable. If you tie them up at the timed their value is highest to the employer, more employers will look the other way. Afcon should moved so that it fits the world football calendar. Everybody will benefit.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Afcon should definitely be moved to a better time in the football calendar. Asian cup doesn’t matter because na so so moi moi teams but Afcon has many of the world’s top players.
I don’t see how it serves anyone to have slap bang in the middle of the European season.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:12 pm There is no doubt afcon needs to be moved to summer. Enough is enough. Do they not have rainy season in the Amazon of South America ?

But as for this afcon these clubs need to chill. How much will the players be sued ? And that won't exactly make the players want to play and die for their clubs with that kind of relationship.
Uncle Ruckus
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Nobody is during anyone…..CAF don’t set the date FIFA do….

That’s the window that FIFA provided for the AFCON thus the club has to release the players unless injured or the player will be banned from playing or fined….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

As long as Osimhen doesn't play for Napoli while Afcon is going on. I am okay with him resting. I think it is too late to sue to stop Osimhen from playing at Afcon. The NFF got to be vigilant and get a lawyer ready to represent Nigeria. This is not like the shambolic work done by previous lawyers represnting Nigeria at global court to get looted fundsd back to Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

if the virus becomes a problem. Afcon should be moved. But from what I hearing so far. The Ominicron virus is not a problem in Africa. The tournament can go on with Covid protocols in place. For example no fans or socially distanced fans. Players tested regularly. All players must be vaccinated. I see no reason why the tournament cant go on. It falls within a fifa window. It is legal. Asia also have their tournament in January. Why are we wasting our time with this lunatic?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

olu wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:47 pm I'm ok with exercising caution and letting Osmihen sit out the AFCON. Despite Napoli's inconsistent performances recently they are not in a rush to bring him back.
I don't think you are naive because I don't know you. But that response is too trusting of Napoli or European clubs. I can gusarantee you 100 percent. Osimhen will not rest if he seats out Afcon. He will be playing every game once the doctors clear him to play.

ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I have a better idea. The European Leagues should change their calendar to accommodate our AFCON. If they make their seasons to run from March to December, then we can have our beloved tournament in January, once the European seasons are over. Why should we always be the ones to change to suit the oyinbos?
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:12 pm There is no doubt afcon needs to be moved to summer. Enough is enough. Do they not have rainy season in the Amazon of South America ?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ogiso wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:56 pm I have a better idea. The European Leagues should change their calendar to accommodate our AFCON. If they make their seasons to run from March to December, then we can have our beloved tournament in January, once the European seasons are over. Why should we always be the ones to change to suit the oyinbos?

Put common sense before emotion. Euro leagues are worth hundreds of billions $. Caf can hardly pay a $4m prize. The world doesn't work that way.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:07 pm
ogiso wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:56 pm I have a better idea. The European Leagues should change their calendar to accommodate our AFCON. If they make their seasons to run from March to December, then we can have our beloved tournament in January, once the European seasons are over. Why should we always be the ones to change to suit the oyinbos?

Put common sense before emotion. Euro leagues are worth hundreds of billions $. Caf can hardly pay a $4m prize. The world doesn't work that way.
It is not just about money. Why can't they have a mid season break if African players are that important to them? When their European players were playing the unnecessary Nations League mid season did they complain?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I think the lawyer who is threatening to sue is one of the 'junkie' and USELESS ones like 'Danfo driver.' :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:

What is he sueing for and on what grounds? Well, I am not a lawyer, but I hope if he sue's as threatened, CAF should counter-sue him and his client(s)
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:38 am I think the lawyer who is threatening to sue is one of the 'junkie' and USELESS ones like 'Danfo driver.' :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:

What is he sueing for and on what grounds? Well, I am not a lawyer, but I hope if he sue's as threatened, CAF should counter-sue him and his client(s)
Odaft! How far? See person wey dey call person "junkie!" :lol: Your entire life in America is dependent on "sending funds back home." :rotf: :rotf: All the things you have had to do and put your body through...and "dem" no still appreciate am. :rotf: :rotf: Better start looking for a good lawyer to save you when I report the fraud you committed in America to marry that woman. Shameless dog :rotf: :rotf:

A rodent with zero integrity and quite a lot of imbecility, are you working overtime this week again? You know sey you need the extra funds for that thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The Europeans are not our problem. Severely brainwashed Africans are. Did you forget that there’s a reason why the tournament is played in January. Don’t you care about the well-being of the players who would have to play under severe weather conditions, including thunder storms? What exactly do you gain from the Europeans that you always have to parrot their point of view, as disgustingly unreasonable as it is❓❗️

Try telling the Europeans to stop signing African talent if they truly believe they are a disadvantage❗️

Cheers.