Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by maceo4 »

Feel bad for Ebuehi though, keep your head up

https://www.instagram.com/tyronneebuehi ... =copy_link
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:20 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:04 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:58 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:45 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:26 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:14 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:17 am I have watched both play and I am not impressed with Akpoguma but that is just me. I really don't bat an eyelid considering his absence. It is not like he is central to the fortunes of this team. I have seen Ndah as well and I do not see him as key to SE and neither is he below Akpoguma in terms of performance bar the fact that he is in a German club and gets hyped.

Last time we saw Akpoguma he was huffing and puffing trying to keep up with some unknown opponent. Give me a break with the German hype.

Let me be clear, should we also wonder if Rohr was under the take to have had him in the squad?

Shouldn't we have standards besides our personal opinion of a player? By all accounts Akpoguma plays at a much higher level consistently than Ndah. Hoffenhein is a top 10 team in one of the top leagues in the world while Ndah is starter in a league that's way below in terms of quality and degree of difficulty.

When you consider the fact that Ndah was never in the SE pool of defenders heading into Afcon but was still able to make the team even though he hadn't played for the team. On what grounds is Ndah more deserving than Akpoguma besides ROI?
Emir

But what then is the use of a Manager if we use the criteria you proffer? In my view, the Manager should have the freedom to pick who ever. If the ream fails then the Manager is responsible. If we had the standard you mention, do you think Okoye will be an Eagle today? Fact is Rohr saw something in Okoye regardless of where Okoye was playing and had every right as Mansger to pick Okoye. That right should belong to every manager and the FA will retain the right to fire the manager if the team fails.

The point you mention about how close AFCON is clearly is a hindrance and I believe it prevented Egu from cutting more of Rohr's picks. He possibly made just these cuts given the expanded squad due to covid. He will likely rely on his game day selection and strategy to impart his own thinking.
Okoye is no Ndah. We were desperate for Goalies when Okoye was given a chance, he did not have a pool of better established Goalies in front of him. Uzoho was hurt, Akpeyi unconvincing and getting older. The position was essentially vacant. I would understand if Ndah had played with the team and demonstrated that he could be a better fit. Instead, he'd on Xmas holiday in Nigeria and finds out he's going to Afcin at a peppersoup joint. It's not good!

The issues of integrity surrounding anything Nigerian is made worse. I mean, is he better than Ajayi? I doubt it.
Emir

I do not believe there is an issue of integrity at all. Ndah has reportedly been very good in the PSL. Scroll a few weeks back on this site and view my conversation with another member about Ndah. Ndah is not my favorite but that conversation led to video posts on Ndah demonstrating that he was doing quite well in the PSL.

Further, Egu is familiar with this player having managed him as the local SE prepared for the fame against Mexico in the USA.

In my view, the selection makes sense especially wit h a new coach seeking to stamp his identity on this team. I think it makes sense. Think when Amodu invited a few locals in the midst of World Cup qualifiers years ago. That is what this us. Do not be surprised if Ndah actually plays in games going forward under Egu.
Of course he'll play under Eguavoen. How else will they reap their profit? Heck, he might even start every game.
Emir,

Ndah is a legit callup. Would it be right to claim Rohr made profits from Okoye's callup? Okoye was in hardly anyone's radar when he was called up! In Ndah's case, he already has multiple apps for Nigeria B and said to be a revelation in the PSL. I just do not see his call up as far fetched. Certainly not in the magnitude of Okoye's and yet I have not heard or read that Rohr calle Okoye because of profiteering. In my view, Ndah's call up is legitimate as any.
It is only profiteering when it is a local coach. When it is Rohr it is vision. And these are people that will tell you that they don't care about the nationality of the coach.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigeria 4 Salone 4 Akpoguma played 90 mins.. since then even that fake **** never played him.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

You people are funny. Ekong has been off form. I see no issue calling Ndah.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Honestly the agenda against local coaches is very nauseating to say the least, the usual suspects are already making demeaning insinuations about the new manager who just happens to be Nigerian, and based on what? because some players who haven't even been outstanding for Nigeria to deserve all the hype weren't selected now the manager is corrupt? which of the players missing are that key for Nigeria that they are so indispensable? I can understand if key players like Ndidi, Osimhen were dropped. Nobody knows the circumstances and rationale behind the selections made by Egu for goodness sake, for all we know maybe the respective clubs of the players who weren't selected refused to release the players or these players in question simply communicated their intentions to remain at their clubs in private... surely Eguavoen is aware of Ebuehi, Akpoguma etc and has his reasons for not selecting them, I'm sure we will see these players in the world cup playoffs so what's the fuss about? the final team list is still strong enough to go far in the AFCON so it remains to be seen what the new coaching staffs can do. Eguavoen hasn't even led his team out in a proper tourney yet, come January 11,2022 Nigeria vs Egypt we will know the real deal... these ROHRbots need to relax and come to terms with the reality, this is a new dispensation! move on already!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

To be fair to Akpoguma, Rohr played him as a RB which is not his preferred position. He has been filling in as a RB recently for his club, but he is better at CB.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:34 am Nigeria 4 Salone 4 Akpoguma played 90 mins.. since then even that fake **** never played him.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's hard for me to see any solid reasons for dropping Ebuehi and Akpoguma that are based on merit.
The confusing thing is Rohr didn't field Akpoguma or Ebuehi much either.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:26 am

Shouldn't we have standards besides our personal opinion of a player? By all accounts Akpoguma plays at a much higher level consistently than Ndah. Hoffenhein is a top 10 team in one of the top leagues in the world while Ndah is starter in a league that's way below in terms of quality and degree of difficulty.

When you consider the fact that Ndah was never in the SE pool of defenders heading into Afcon but was still able to make the team even though he hadn't played for the team. On what grounds is Ndah more deserving than Akpoguma besides ROI?
Emir

But what then is the use of a Manager if we use the criteria you proffer? In my view, the Manager should have the freedom to pick who ever. If the ream fails then the Manager is responsible. If we had the standard you mention, do you think Okoye will be an Eagle today? Fact is Rohr saw something in Okoye regardless of where Okoye was playing and had every right as Mansger to pick Okoye. That right should belong to every manager and the FA will retain the right to fire the manager if the team fails.

The point you mention about how close AFCON is clearly is a hindrance and I believe it prevented Egu from cutting more of Rohr's picks. He possibly made just these cuts given the expanded squad due to covid. He will likely rely on his game day selection and strategy to impart his own thinking.
Okoye is no Ndah. We were desperate for Goalies when Okoye was given a chance, he did not have a pool of better established Goalies in front of him. Uzoho was hurt, Akpeyi unconvincing and getting older. The position was essentially vacant. I would understand if Ndah had played with the team and demonstrated that he could be a better fit. Instead, he'd on Xmas holiday in Nigeria and finds out he's going to Afcin at a peppersoup joint. It's not good!

The issues of integrity surrounding anything Nigerian is made worse. I mean, is he better than Ajayi? I doubt it.
Emir

I do not believe there is an issue of integrity at all. Ndah has reportedly been very good in the PSL. Scroll a few weeks back on this site and view my conversation with another member about Ndah. Ndah is not my favorite but that conversation led to video posts on Ndah demonstrating that he was doing quite well in the PSL.

Further, Egu is familiar with this player having managed him as the local SE prepared for the fame against Mexico in the USA.

In my view, the selection makes sense especially wit h a new coach seeking to stamp his identity on this team. I think it makes sense. Think when Amodu invited a few locals in the midst of World Cup qualifiers years ago. That is what this us. Do not be surprised if Ndah actually plays in games going forward under Egu.
Of course he'll play under Eguavoen. How else will they reap their profit? Heck, he might even start every game.
Emir,

Ndah is a legit callup. Would it be right to claim Rohr made profits from Okoye's callup? Okoye was in hardly anyone's radar when he was called up! In Ndah's case, he already has multiple apps for Nigeria B and said to be a revelation in the PSL. I just do not see his call up as far fetched. Certainly not in the magnitude of Okoye's and yet I have not heard or read that Rohr calle Okoye because of profiteering. In my view, Ndah's call up is legitimate as any.
It is only profiteering when it is a local coach. When it is Rohr it is vision. And these are people that will tell you that they don't care about the nationality of the coach.
As I said before , the problem is the NFF.

They eventually got through to Rohr and corrupted the second half of his stint as coach.

The problem with local coaches is that they are more likely to be YES MEN. That's the reason they are hired frankly, Which Egu has already proven by dropping Akpoguma for Ndah.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:34 am Nigeria 4 Salone 4 Akpoguma played 90 mins.. since then even that fake **** never played him.
Akpoguma has never played at centreback. Rohr was a fool to insert Akpo there ahead of Aina.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:45 am Honestly the agenda against local coaches is very nauseating to say the least, the usual suspects are already making demeaning insinuations about the new manager who just happens to be Nigerian, and based on what? because some players who haven't even been outstanding for Nigeria to deserve all the hype weren't selected now the manager is corrupt? which of the players missing are that key for Nigeria that they are so indispensable? I can understand if key players like Ndidi, Osimhen were dropped. Nobody knows the circumstances and rationale behind the selections made by Egu for goodness sake, for all we know maybe the respective clubs of the players who weren't selected refused to release the players or these players in question simply communicated their intentions to remain at their clubs in private... surely Eguavoen is aware of Ebuehi, Akpoguma etc and has his reasons for not selecting them, I'm sure we will see these players in the world cup playoffs so what's the fuss about? the final team list is still strong enough to go far in the AFCON so it remains to be seen what the new coaching staffs can do. Eguavoen hasn't even led his team out in a proper tourney yet, come January 11,2022 Nigeria vs Egypt we will know the real deal... these ROHRbots need to relax and come to terms with the reality, this is a new dispensation! move on already!
Eguavoen is a YES MAN. End of. He is more willing to go on with the corruption of the NFF.

You can't complain about Akpoguma, Ejaria, Lookman, etc supposedly not playing well when garbage players like Shehu, Musa, Collins, Ighalo continue to get called up. I'm not even blaming Egu for this, he is just a puppet in this whole affair.

I hope the Portugese replaces him. They will be more likely to stop this corruption.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

olu wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:51 am To be fair to Akpoguma, Rohr played him as a RB which is not his preferred position. He has been filling in as a RB recently for his club, but he is better at CB.
Akpoguma has not played at CB at Hoffenheim for a very long time, and it may be that others in the team are considered stronger than him in that position. Hence, he has been playing at RWB for the team, and even then his place at RWB for Hoffenheim is not assured (as he does not always start and hardly completes 90 mins). His performance against Sierra Leone at RB was not very good, and I do so see any recent evidence to support a strong contention for a CB position for SE. So I think that some of the reaction on this thread is misplaced

Ndah is an interesting prospect. He is a ball playing CB who has a very good passing range. Not sure about his one on one tacking though, but perhaps this can be developed. Much potential without required international exposure, and it could be that Eguavon sees him as more adept to the style he'd like to instill in the team. From what I have seen of him at Orlando Pirates, he clearly has more skills headroom than Ekong. Players like Ndah ought to be given a chance. But I think he is currently out with a knee injury, and may be doubtful.

Re the squad overall, I think we need to appreciate that Eguavon is merely an interim coach. As his employers only see him as a short term temp, he is considerably constrained from making radical changes (hence the politics of keeping Musa, Ighalo, Shehu, Simon etc). His choice of Ndah and Nwakali however suggest he is in favor of controlling possession and playing comfortably from the back. In this regard, Ebuehi and Calvin Bassey would have been more complementary for the team. We have to appreciate that Eguavon may not have seen much of Bassey to make that decision so early. Ebuehi should have been chosen in place of Shehu and and he could have gambled on Bassey in place unnecessary 4th goalkeeper (especially as Balogun is yet to be back to full fitness). However, Ebuehi and Bassey may eventually get a look-in if Eguavon stays on beyond AFCON , and then has the luxury of selecting a team of his choice.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:20 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:45 am Honestly the agenda against local coaches is very nauseating to say the least, the usual suspects are already making demeaning insinuations about the new manager who just happens to be Nigerian, and based on what? because some players who haven't even been outstanding for Nigeria to deserve all the hype weren't selected now the manager is corrupt? which of the players missing are that key for Nigeria that they are so indispensable? I can understand if key players like Ndidi, Osimhen were dropped. Nobody knows the circumstances and rationale behind the selections made by Egu for goodness sake, for all we know maybe the respective clubs of the players who weren't selected refused to release the players or these players in question simply communicated their intentions to remain at their clubs in private... surely Eguavoen is aware of Ebuehi, Akpoguma etc and has his reasons for not selecting them, I'm sure we will see these players in the world cup playoffs so what's the fuss about? the final team list is still strong enough to go far in the AFCON so it remains to be seen what the new coaching staffs can do. Eguavoen hasn't even led his team out in a proper tourney yet, come January 11,2022 Nigeria vs Egypt we will know the real deal... these ROHRbots need to relax and come to terms with the reality, this is a new dispensation! move on already!
Eguavoen is a YES MAN. End of. He is more willing to go on with the corruption of the NFF.

You can't complain about Akpoguma, Ejaria, Lookman, etc supposedly not playing well when garbage players like Shehu, Musa, Collins, Ighalo continue to get called up. I'm not even blaming Egu for this, he is just a puppet in this whole affair.

I hope the Portugese replaces him. They will be more likely to stop this corruption.
Lookman has been very average at Leicester, there's nothing he will bring to the team that we haven't seen already! I agree that the invitation of Musa, Ighalo, Shehu are utterly baseless and irritating at this point, but this is not Egu's fault either, the man came on board as interim coach at a time when the final 28 man list drawn up my Rohr was already with CAF, it was actually the injury and withdrawal of Onuachu that made Eguavoen call up an extra midfielder... the only head scratcher for me in the list was the inclusion of Ndah at the expense of Akpoguma and Ebuehi (but once again we would never know the reasons for this) and it's not like we will struggle badly with their absence... Zaidu and Aina will do the job as full backs while Awaziem, Omeruo and Balogun are solid enough as center-backs.

VE relax, very soon we will get the Portuguese coach and see what he will bring, for now Eguavoen is in charge so let's drop the emotional reactions and wish the team well.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:31 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:26 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:54 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:48 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:17 am I have watched both play and I am not impressed with Akpoguma but that is just me. I really don't bat an eyelid considering his absence. It is not like he is central to the fortunes of this team. I have seen Ndah as well and I do not see him as key to SE and neither is he below Akpoguma in terms of performance bar the fact that he is in a German club and gets hyped.

Last time we saw Akpoguma he was huffing and puffing trying to keep up with some unknown opponent. Give me a break with the German hype.

Let me be clear, should we also wonder if Rohr was under the take to have had him in the squad?

Was Akpoguma playing somewhere else when he was a deep bencher in SE and couldn’t get any games? So with his top 10 Bundesliga performance he was still getting benched by an old man in a useless Scottish league and an Error prone Ekong. But back then you didn’t cry foul or corruption or wonder why he couldn’t get a look in, that regardless of his top 10 bundesliga appearances he still wasn’t good enough to get any minutes? But suddenly when he’s dropped it’s blue murder, how could this possibly happen if not for corruption…blah blah blah
Pls stop. Akpoguma barely got a chance to adjust to SE and the African climate/game. I think he started 1 game and subbed in another, not enough time for acclamation. It's not even fair to expect him to start performing right away. This is nothing but player laundering, corruption and out right fraud.
There were enough games and training sessions for him to show what he can do, he even got undeserved preferential treatment when he first switched and being immediately thrown into the starting lineup and he quickly played his way off the team and way down the pecking order. What acclimatization are you even talking about? You can’t argue with facts, he was a deep bencher despite playing at a higher level than those starting ahead of him. But at that time it wasn’t considered corruption when he was riding pine. I brought Dessers vs an Ighalo call up, that one nko no blue murder or corruption?

Funny thing if you go and see Ndahs play you will actually notice he’s the kind of Naija defender that has suited our style of play, someone comfortable with the ball at his feet, can handle a high press and play out of pressure, can pass accurately and not just hoof anywhere belle face.

You are complaining about Ndahs addition, but the likes of Troost and Balogun where were they at when they got brought into the SE fold? Tottenham reject, German division 2 when capped but now are main stays. Good coaches look at the full picture including skill set and not just the current club and pick players that fit how they want their team to play. I won’t be surprised if Ndah pushes more for a place than deep benchman Akpoguma was doing…

Ok o. Ndah should be captain. Just don't complain if a player based in Sudan is given a chance ahead of him and others. Since we have no standards or methods for player selection then anything is possible, Uchebo, Ogbeche, Babatunde, Reuben Gabriel and Mba all agree with you .
Yes they can agree with him, they won AFCON and got to WC 2nd round, heights your standards and methods for player selection never attained.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:58 am Further, Egu is familiar with this player having managed him as the local SE prepared for the fame against Mexico in the USA.
In my view, the selection makes sense especially wit h a new coach seeking to stamp his identity on this team. I think it makes sense.
Finish. Makes perfect sense.
:agree:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:08 am Feel bad for Ebuehi though, keep your head up

https://www.instagram.com/tyronneebuehi ... =copy_link
His omission is criminal. He should be going instead of Shehu and we don’t need 4 goalkeepers. I feel for the lad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ukwala wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:04 am

Was Akpoguma playing somewhere else when he was a deep bencher in SE and couldn’t get any games? So with his top 10 Bundesliga performance he was still getting benched by an old man in a useless Scottish league and an Error prone Ekong. But back then you didn’t cry foul or corruption or wonder why he couldn’t get a look in, that regardless of his top 10 bundesliga appearances he still wasn’t good enough to get any minutes? But suddenly when he’s dropped it’s blue murder, how could this possibly happen if not for corruption…blah blah blah
Pls stop. Akpoguma barely got a chance to adjust to SE and the African climate/game. I think he started 1 game and subbed in another, not enough time for acclamation. It's not even fair to expect him to start performing right away. This is nothing but player laundering, corruption and out right fraud.
There were enough games and training sessions for him to show what he can do, he even got undeserved preferential treatment when he first switched and being immediately thrown into the starting lineup and he quickly played his way off the team and way down the pecking order. What acclimatization are you even talking about? You can’t argue with facts, he was a deep bencher despite playing at a higher level than those starting ahead of him. But at that time it wasn’t considered corruption when he was riding pine. I brought Dessers vs an Ighalo call up, that one nko no blue murder or corruption?

Funny thing if you go and see Ndahs play you will actually notice he’s the kind of Naija defender that has suited our style of play, someone comfortable with the ball at his feet, can handle a high press and play out of pressure, can pass accurately and not just hoof anywhere belle face.

You are complaining about Ndahs addition, but the likes of Troost and Balogun where were they at when they got brought into the SE fold? Tottenham reject, German division 2 when capped but now are main stays. Good coaches look at the full picture including skill set and not just the current club and pick players that fit how they want their team to play. I won’t be surprised if Ndah pushes more for a place than deep benchman Akpoguma was doing…

Ok o. Ndah should be captain. Just don't complain if a player based in Sudan is given a chance ahead of him and others. Since we have no standards or methods for player selection then anything is possible, Uchebo, Ogbeche, Babatunde, Reuben Gabriel and Mba all agree with you .
Yes they can agree with him, they won AFCON and got to WC 2nd round, heights your standards and methods for player selection never attained.
And then failed to qualify for the next AFCON. Anyone who doesn’t see through Keshi’s fraudulent selections is being disingenuous. He took an injured Gabriel to AFCON and the guy ended up collecting tens of thousands of dollars in bonuses for just being in the team. It worked for AFCON 2013 but blew up afterwards.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Looks pretty decent to me.
Nothing to raise eyebrows about, especially as he worked under Eguavon in the national B team in prep for the Mexico game.
Did he play vs Mexico?

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:16 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:26 am

Emir

Emir

Emir,

As I said before , the problem is the NFF.

They eventually got through to Rohr and corrupted the second half of his stint as coach.

The problem with local coaches is that they are more likely to be YES MEN. That's the reason they are hired frankly, Which Egu has already proven by dropping Akpoguma for Ndah.
It couldn't just be that Eguavoen had a mind of his own and chose not to go for Akpoguma who has done nothing in SE colours? When Rohr was picking Okoye from the lower divisions none of you said a word.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ukwala wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:04 am

Say no more!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leave them and their reprobate minds. They will try and justify anything that suits them. This was the practice that led us to missing successive AFCONs. This is the final squad for a major tournament and not an invitation to a training camp! Their corrupted minds see nothing wrong with a player who plays at a lower level and has not had a minute's training selected over a versatile player who plays at a much higher level and has been part of the squad for a year! This is how it begins and we saw this with the 2014 WC selection. I will *Nice Lady*, rant, moan about it because I want the best for the SE and not supporting an agenda.
Fact is that Ndah's selection over Akpoguma is unmerited and based on ROI. This is why a lot of fans don't want local coaches.
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:04 am Looks pretty decent to me.
Nothing to raise eyebrows about, especially as he worked under Eguavon in the national B team in prep for the Mexico game.
Did he play vs Mexico?

I don't know him so as a fan I would have preferred Akpoguma. But then I don't know an SE squad where I did not prefer at least one dropped player. It is the smears on Eguavoen's integrity that are irritating. I wanted Rohr out but I would never question his integrity - the man did his best under very difficult circumstances.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:19 am

Leave them and their reprobate minds. They will try and justify anything that suits them. This was the practice that led us to missing successive AFCONs. This is the final squad for a major tournament and not an invitation to a training camp! Their corrupted minds see nothing wrong with a player who plays at a lower level and has not had a minute's training selected over a versatile player who plays at a much higher level and has been part of the squad for a year! This is how it begins and we saw this with the 2014 WC selection. I will *Nice Lady*, rant, moan about it because I want the best for the SE and not supporting an agenda.
Fact is that Ndah's selection over Akpoguma is unmerited and based on ROI. This is why a lot of fans don't want local coaches.
When you're done crying a bucket load of salty tears, it ain't changing sh#t, your white massa is gone with his useless "my team is young and they are learning" mediocre having self :rotf:. All of a sudden Akpoguma is the second coming of prime Maldini, the same Akpoguma that couldn't even start ahead of old man Balogun and error-prone Ekong under your Lord and savior Rohr is now the new best thing after sliced bread, make una continue, agenda must agend now that a local coach is in charge :taunt:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:20 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:04 am Looks pretty decent to me.
Did he play vs Mexico?

I don't know him so as a fan I would have preferred Akpoguma. But then I don't know an SE squad where I did not prefer at least one dropped player. It is the smears on Eguavoen's integrity that are irritating. I wanted Rohr out but I would never question his integrity - the man did his best under very difficult circumstances.
Do the video clips look like that of a top defender to you? See the rubbish they're saying is better tgan Akpoguma, Ebuehi and
Ajayi . look. Egu likely has nothing to do withbit but to pretend as though its abiut quality of the player is a ruse. A head fake.
OCCUPY NFF!!