Seyi Olofinjana calls for Nigeria 'football philosophy'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Olayemi14
Egg
Egg
Seyi Olofinjana calls for Nigeria 'football philosophy'

Post by Olayemi14 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/59780208

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has often said one of his targets is to change the face of football in Nigeria, and in 2020 he approached Olofinjana about technical director's role.

But he rejected the job, which was filled by Eguavoen.

"It was difficult, but at the same time, easy," Olofinjana recalled.

"I think the federation made it a little bit easier for me to make that judgement call. There were certain questions I asked of the federation that they weren't able to answer.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Seyi Olofinjana calls for Nigeria 'football philosophy'

Post by fabio »

You mean Mr Pinnick couldn't answer these questions:
"What needs doing? Where do they think we are as a nation? Where do we need to get to? How quickly do we need to get to those places?

"I didn't get answers to those questions and that is the day-to-day job for me. If there's no clarity, there's no going forward.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:39 pm You mean Mr Pinnick couldn't answer these questions:
"What needs doing? Where do they think we are as a nation? Where do we need to get to? How quickly do we need to get to those places?

"I didn't get answers to those questions and that is the day-to-day job for me. If there's no clarity, there's no going forward.
Obviously Mr. Pinnick wasn't able to answer the questions as said by Mr. Olofinjana, else he (Olofinjana) would have taken the job
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am
fabio wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:39 pm You mean Mr Pinnick couldn't answer these questions:

Obviously Mr. Pinnick wasn't able to answer the questions as said by Mr. Olofinjana, else he (Olofinjana) would have taken the job
Just surprised Mr Pinnick was unable to answer such simple questions.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:14 am

Just surprised Mr Pinnick was unable to answer such simple questions.
Fabio,

The questions may be simple to you, but to Pinnick, it wasn't because he doesn't know what the answers were. Pinnick probably sensed the questions were very tricky for him to deal with because he will be held - in future - to his answers

So the man look, look and say, 'mmm, mmm', no be me and you go do dis kain tin, God ponish you, idiiot, he tear race :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:27 am Fabio,

The questions may be simple to you, but to Pinnick, it wasn't because he doesn't know what the answers were. Pinnick probably sensed the questions were very tricky for him to deal with because he will be held - in future - to his answers

So the man look, look and say, 'mmm, mmm', no be me and you go do dis kain tin, God ponish you, idiiot, he tear race :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief, those questions are mainly about visions and football development.

Oga Pinnick, is more of a missionary, achieve a personal mission and then bye bye, leaves on sustainable legacy.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Look at this big f000l Odaft! Why dont you take your own advice and answer the question of the fraud you committed in America. Ekwensu Cretin! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

"What needs doing? Where do they think we are as a nation? Where do we need to get to? How quickly do we need to get to those places?"

interesting, so what forward thinking did the NFF have in mind, shior
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Our football philosophy is oyibo na oyibo.

Let England handle the youth program for us and then rely on being neighbours or friends with the children's dads and then take it from there. As for the coaching, well same thing, oyibo na oyibo. As long as they come from Western Europe you can't go wrong. Even when you do go wrong, well you can't. Pro tip, European journeymen are in abundant supply.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

That interaction with Pinnick is just an indication of the total fuckery being presented by the fellow called Pinnick. Nigeria 'football philosophy' whatever that means to him was to be left to one individual, in a 'technical director', savant role.

Has it occurred it to him, as per best practices, it is NOT left to one individual to design, dictate, guide, and implement a 'football philosophy'? Is one individual conversant with the heritage, culture, playing traditions of this multi-ethnic, geographically distant society? Just for example, is he aware the way football was introduced, and played in Jos was quite different from what is being done in Lagos, Kano, Benin ? The way it was, and is played in Aba was different from how it was played in Calabar?

When Germany had a crisis in their football in the early 2000s, the Federation had to double down with long term development plans from youth level up all the way to the clubs. Changing who, and what was taught by a coach. What kids were being instructed on. What coaches had to emphasize, etc. What referees had to be tolerant of?

When Brazil analyzed their losses in World Cups, they attributed it to their lack of preference for defensive thinking, and then preferred defenders in their WC teams who had professional experience from top clubs in Europe.

You are seeing the changes in the adult English game as a direct end result on what was taught at the youth level.

The academies all over Nigeria were a direct result of the action plans from the previous NFF leadership, who in their own way wanted to corrected certain deficiencies found in the development of the Nigerian player. Even Sani Lulu, former head of the NFF created his own academy. Of course, some motivation behind some academies (have) skewed into being a scouting/pipeline for overseas export.

Since he is not fully aware, and cognizant of, and doesn't NOT care of that critical development, that is is why he ignorantly selected Rohr. The Kelechi 2013 U-17 set, the Osimhen Chile U-17 set are all outputs of academies. You have a set of players coming into their prime, and yet you had a 5th rate reactive, conservative fraud of a coach trying to reverse the gains made by their formative experiences.

As usual, instead of deliberated, well thought thru, informed, and actionable short, mid and long term plans, Pinnick's well known modus operandi is to outsource responsibilities to just one person. From Rohr to Peseiro. The all knowing , omnipresent savior, preferably a White one, that is deeply embedded in the psyche of this cretin called Pinnick, must be unleashed on the hapless natives.

Nigerian football will NOT make progress as long as P##$#k is in the corridors of the NFF.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:21 am

Look at this big f000l Odaft! Why dont you take your own advice and answer the question of the fraud you committed in America. Ekwensu Cretin! :oops:
What are you talking about?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OJI wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:36 pm That interaction with Pinnick is just an indication of the total fuckery being presented by the fellow called Pinnick. Nigeria 'football philosophy' whatever that means to him was to be left to one individual, in a 'technical director', savant role.

Has it occurred it to him, as per best practices, it is NOT left to one individual to design, dictate, guide, and implement a 'football philosophy'? Is one individual conversant with the heritage, culture, playing traditions of this multi-ethnic, geographically distant society? Just for example, is he aware the way football was introduced, and played in Jos was quite different from what is being done in Lagos, Kano, Benin ? The way it was, and is played in Aba was different from how it was played in Calabar?

When Germany had a crisis in their football in the early 2000s, the Federation had to double down with long term development plans from youth level up all the way to the clubs. Changing who, and what was taught by a coach. What kids were being instructed on. What coaches had to emphasize, etc. What referees had to be tolerant of?

When Brazil analyzed their losses in World Cups, they attributed it to their lack of preference for defensive thinking, and then preferred defenders in their WC teams who had professional experience from top clubs in Europe.

You are seeing the changes in the adult English game as a direct end result on what was taught at the youth level.

The academies all over Nigeria were a direct result of the action plans from the previous NFF leadership, who in their own way wanted to corrected certain deficiencies found in the development of the Nigerian player. Even Sani Lulu, former head of the NFF created his own academy. Of course, some motivation behind some academies (have) skewed into being a scouting/pipeline for overseas export.

Since he is not fully aware, and cognizant of, and doesn't NOT care of that critical development, that is is why he ignorantly selected Rohr. The Kelechi 2013 U-17 set, the Osimhen Chile U-17 set are all outputs of academies. You have a set of players coming into their prime, and yet you had a 5th rate reactive, conservative fraud of a coach trying to reverse the gains made by their formative experiences.

As usual, instead of deliberated, well thought thru, informed, and actionable short, mid and long term plans, Pinnick's well known modus operandi is to outsource responsibilities to just one person. From Rohr to Peseiro. The all knowing , omnipresent savior, preferably a White one, that is deeply embedded in the psyche of this cretin called Pinnick, must be unleashed on the hapless natives.

Nigerian football will NOT make progress as long as P##$#k is in the corridors of the NFF.

ELECTED/APPOINTED NIGERIANS LIVE IN THE "NOW"

Thinking philosophically is way above their thinking and is not what they care about. Their thinking process is limited to game-to-game. If my memory serves me right, I called for a sports philosophy in Nigeria to cover all sports, not just football, in his forum a few years ago. Under that philsophy, which would not be law and could evolve, the country would be guided in terms of who funds the various sports, who, where, when and how athletes are developed and selected, sports calendar, etc. The catalyst would be the ministry of sports or the national sports commission, consulting with various stake holders in the country.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:49 pm
Is this not Eguavoen?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet