Olise! Olise!! Olise!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Olise! Olise!! Olise!!!

Post by bushboy »

Missing out on this lad might be even worse than missing out on Alaba!! The boy is top notch.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Olise! Olise!! Olise!!!

Post by airwolex »

The guy is a baller, but he can play for like 10 countriee
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:57 pm Missing out on this lad might be even worse than missing out on Alaba!! The boy is top notch.
Bushboy

There is no doubt that this lad is a difference maker but the reality is that he is the one to make THE CHOICE. From what we know already, first choice is usually in favor of the country where someone feew up, where he has majority of his friendships. Nigeria will be a distant option and usually when the chances of playing in preferred places expire or close to expiration. That is the reality.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Hmmmm just watched the highlights. The kids left leg is magic. A goal and an assist.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:21 pm Hmmmm just watched the highlights. The kids left leg is magic. A goal and an assist.
Dude is a baller I watched the match and he’s special. Let’s see who he ends up playing for.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He already turned us down. Abeg move on jare.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:29 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:21 pm Hmmmm just watched the highlights. The kids left leg is magic. A goal and an assist.
Dude is a baller I watched the match and he’s special. Let’s see who he ends up playing for.
If we can win AFCON it will be a draw for players to be a part of our set up. Especially if we qualify for WC, then people will naturally want to be a part of something positive.

If we crash out early it will just highlight the chaotic and unstable nature of our national team setup. They would want to stay away.

Rumors that he favored Algeria over us. Would them winning the 2019 AFCON have anything to do with that ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:36 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:29 pm
If we can win AFCON it will be a draw for players to be a part of our set up. Especially if we qualify for WC, then people will naturally want to be a part of something positive.

If we crash out early it will just highlight the chaotic and unstable nature of our national team setup. They would want to stay away.

Rumors that he favored Algeria over us. Would them winning the 2019 AFCON have anything to do with that ?
Nope.
Moreover, the Algerian 'declaration' is just rumour, like you said.
Any references would be most welcome. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:32 pm He already turned us down. Abeg move on jare.
But he has declared for any one else? Although it is really a long shot, what does Nigeria lose trying? Nothing! In my view guts if this talent are worth aiming for rather than some guys with very marginal talent in Europe that we rave about.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:52 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:57 pm Missing out on this lad might be even worse than missing out on Alaba!! The boy is top notch.
Bushboy

There is no doubt that this lad is a difference maker but the reality is that he is the one to make THE CHOICE. From what we know already, first choice is usually in favor of the country where someone feew up, where he has majority of his friendships. Nigeria will be a distant option and usually when the chances of playing in preferred places expire or close to expiration. That is the reality.
Are we making any serious efforts to get him to play for Nigeria? I believe that when Nigeria makes it a priority, entice the lad, ensure that he sees good reason to play for Nigeria vis-a-vis other countries as we may know, he will suit up for Nigeria. Coaches, friends, parents, and NFF must woo him to play for Nigeria with serious efforts. If we fail to convince him, at least we know we tried.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:18 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:52 pm
Bushboy

Are we making any serious efforts to get him to play for Nigeria? I believe that when Nigeria makes it a priority, entice the lad, ensure that he sees good reason to play for Nigeria vis-a-vis other countries as we may know, he will suit up for Nigeria. Coaches, friends, parents, and NFF must woo him to play for Nigeria with serious efforts. If we fail to convince him, at least we know we tried.
Who is to say this isn’t happening or hasn’t happened already?
After all, he was on one of Rohr’s standby lists.

But it is the same Nigerians that will say we shouldn’t ‘beg’ anybody - code for going out of our way to entice the dual citizenship players we really want.

Olise is a great prospect but is keeping his cards close to his chest.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

See as Algerians don dey rush claim am! https://www.instagram.com/p/CYesbd7MGu1 ... =copy_link
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Funny thing is both he and Eze started and no one seems to care about Eze anymore, of the two he’s the most likely one that we could possibly get…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:24 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:32 pm He already turned us down. Abeg move on jare.
But he has declared for any one else? Although it is really a long shot, what does Nigeria lose trying? Nothing! In my view guts if this talent are worth aiming for rather than some guys with very marginal talent in Europe that we rave about.
We called him and he didn't show then verbally committed to Algeria but still hoping for France. Olise is not playing for us. No way!

We have other upcoming blue-chip players to focus on. Ejuke,Chukwueze, Amoo, Osihmen all have the same of higher potential than olise. Mek olise go hug transformer in Paris jare.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:59 pm
We called him and he didn't show then verbally committed to Algeria but still hoping for France. Olise is not playing for us. No way!

We have other upcoming blue-chip players to focus on. Ejuke,Chukwueze, Amoo, Osihmen all have the same of higher potential than olise. Mek olise go hug transformer in Paris jare.
Ok we heard you. Shooo!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:59 pm

Ok we heard you. Shooo!
:rotf: :rotf:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If we knock Algeria out of the AFCON he plays for us. Its that simple.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:58 am If we knock Algeria out of the AFCON he plays for us. Its that simple.
What you have written is pure speculation....

The lad's, dad and I play for the same cricket club and we are on cricket club WhatsApp group.

We celebrate the lad (by extension his family) when he plays and scores. The father has not said who is son is going to play international football for on the forum (my OWN reading is, dad has left son to make his own decision).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

fabio wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:29 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:58 am If we knock Algeria out of the AFCON he plays for us. Its that simple.
What you have written is pure speculation....

The lad's, dad and I play for the same cricket club and we are on cricket club WhatsApp group.

We celebrate the lad (by extension his family) when he plays and scores. The father has not said who is son is going to play international football for on the forum (my OWN reading is, dad has left son to make his own decision).
Do you bowl?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 pm Funny thing is both he and Eze started and no one seems to care about Eze anymore, of the two he’s the most likely one that we could possibly get…
I think Eze is more talented and creative, he was even selected for the Euros but got injured. For some reason, coaches don't like these "over creative players" anymore. Viera hardly uses Eze these days. I don't see any of them opting for Naija, so we should just move on.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 pm Funny thing is both he and Eze started and no one seems to care about Eze anymore, of the two he’s the most likely one that we could possibly get…
I think Eze is more talented and creative, he was even selected for the Euros but got injured. For some reason, coaches don't like these "over creative players" anymore. Viera hardly uses Eze these days. I don't see any of them opting for Naija, so we should just move on.
Huh, he just came back from an injury
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:36 am
gochino wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 am
Huh, he just came back from an injury
He recovered from the injury in November.