Nigeria v Egypt according to Whoscored.com

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria v Egypt according to Whoscored.com

Post by vancity eagle »

For those interested here are the ratings according to whoscored.com

just for some objectivity

1. OLA AINA - 7.8 MAN OF THE MATCH
2. Zaidu Sanusi - 7.7
3. Joe Aribo - 7.6
4. Iheanacho - 7.4
5. Wilfred Ndidi - 7.4
6. Troost Ekong - 6.9
7. Moses Simon - 6.8
8. Kenneth Omeruo - 6.8
9. Maduka Okoye - 6.8
10. Samu Chukwueze - 6.7
11. Taiwo Awoniyi - 6.2

Ola Aina man of the match

Taiwo Awoniyi by far our worst player

Simon Moses not as good as many people are claiming
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Egypt according to Whoscored.com

Post by vancity eagle »

Dribbles

Moses Simon 4
Zaidu Sanusi 3
Ola Aina 2
Samu Chukwueze 1
Joe Aribo 1
Kelechi Nwakali 1
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tackles

Ola Aina 6
Wilfred Ndidi 3
Joe Aribo 2
Kelechi Iheanacho 2
Ken Omeruo 1
Troost Ekong 1
Zaidu Sanusi 1
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Pass percentage

Ndidi 85%
Omeruo 82%
Chukwueze 81%
Sanusi 80%
Troost 78%
Simon 76%
Aribo 75%
Aina 71%
Iheanacho 68%
Awoniyi 67%
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What on earth did Rohr have against Ola Aina ?

Even left him out of the World Cup for a junk like Echijele. What a clown.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:28 pm What on earth did Rohr have against Ola Aina ?

Even left him out of the World Cup for a junk like Echijele. What a clown.
Rohr had 2 RBs and will play 180 mins with a midfielder there. Go figure.

He deserved the sack. He's gone now and hopefully we have a coach that plays ppl in their preferred positions.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Key Passes

Chukwueze 4
Aribo 2
Sanusi 2
Iheanacho 1
Nwakali 1
Aina 1
Ndidi 1
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Crosses

Sanusi 3
Simon 2
Aina 1
Chukwueze 1
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:32 pm Key Passes

Chukwueze 4
Aribo 2
Sanusi 2
Iheanacho 1
Nwakali 1
Aina 1
Ndidi 1

This right here is the problem. Everyone is praising Moses Simon but as a winger not having A SINGLE KEY PASS in a match is piss poor. Even CHukwueze people said had a bad game had 4.

Even Nwakali came on for a few minutes and could do what Simon cannot the entire match. Shame.

Moses Simon is a poor winger despite all his razzle dazzle. I laugh at those who claimed he is better than Lookman.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Context bro...without it, these are just mere numbers...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:53 pm Context bro...without it, these are just mere numbers...
sure

but explain what context you are talking about.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:17 pm For those interested here are the ratings according to whoscored.com

2. Zaidu Sanusi - 7.7
3. Joe Aribo - 7.6
4. Iheanacho - 7.4
5. Wilfred Ndidi - 7.4
6. Troost Ekong - 6.9
7. Moses Simon - 6.8
8. Kenneth Omeruo - 6.8
9. Maduka Okoye - 6.8
10. Samu Chukwueze - 6.7
11. Taiwo Awoniyi - 6.2

You’re on a mission. Digging up data to bash Simon. We watched the match sha.

Na wah.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

In truth, Simon Moses’ first half wasn’t great. He beat his man, but the final decision was often poor. It was as in the second half that his final decisions improved.

Under Rohr - where I made a point of constantly bashing him - he couldn’t even beat his man. So I consider the whole game successful for him.

But Aribo was my man of the match. Aina and about 5 other players had great games though
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:35 pm

Chukwueze 4
Aribo 2
Sanusi 2
Iheanacho 1
Nwakali 1
Aina 1
Ndidi 1

This right here is the problem. Everyone is praising Moses Simon but as a winger not having A SINGLE KEY PASS in a match is piss poor. Even CHukwueze people said had a bad game had 4.

Even Nwakali came on for a few minutes and could do what Simon cannot the entire match. Shame.

Moses Simon is a poor winger despite all his razzle dazzle. I laugh at those who claimed he is better than Lookman.
Man quit with this stuff. He was great. Yes crosses could have been better but he had a hell of a game. This is a case of interpreting from a place of hate. We all saw the game
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:17 pm For those interested here are the ratings according to whoscored.com

2. Zaidu Sanusi - 7.7
3. Joe Aribo - 7.6
4. Iheanacho - 7.4
5. Wilfred Ndidi - 7.4
6. Troost Ekong - 6.9
7. Moses Simon - 6.8
8. Kenneth Omeruo - 6.8
9. Maduka Okoye - 6.8
10. Samu Chukwueze - 6.7
11. Taiwo Awoniyi - 6.2

You’re on a mission. Digging up data to bash Simon. We watched the match sha.

Na wah.
I always look at whoscored to see the cold hard stats

This has nothing to do with Simon Moses

He was statistically poor, dont blame me.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:57 pm
txj wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:53 pm Context bro...without it, these are just mere numbers...
sure

Take Simon for instance.

Yes, the end delivery was lacking, except for the goal....

HOWEVER, he was key in the effectiveness of the approach in 1hf of staying high and wide and thus constantly keeping the Egytian defence on its heels.

That had the major effect of leaving space underneath for Kele, which was the major problem with Rohr's interpretation of the 4-4-2, where the lines of movement from out to in, tended to conflate Kele's role...

The stats ALWAYS need to be read in context. I know that cus I do such work occasionally...

But I agree that Simon needs to do better. IMO he needs to slow down a bit when he gets to the delivery point and to vary his attacking angles...
Last edited by txj on Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:59 pm In truth, Simon Moses’ first half wasn’t great. He beat his man, but the final decision was often poor. It was as in the second half that his final decisions improved.

Under Rohr - where I made a point of constantly bashing him - he couldn’t even beat his man. So I consider the whole game successful for him.

But Aribo was my man of the match. Aina and about 5 other players had great games though
Dean

I think Moses was critical to that win. He constantly put the Egyptian backline under severe pressure. In fact, it was his cross that eventually led to the goal. It was his cross that led to the poor headed clearance from Egypt which landed to Aribo for that assist. Do not underestimate his impact on that match. In my view hew was the man of the match but faded afterwards.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kawawa wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:02 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:35 pm

Chukwueze 4
Aribo 2
Sanusi 2
Iheanacho 1
Nwakali 1
Aina 1
Ndidi 1

Man quit with this stuff. He was great. Yes crosses could have been better but he had a hell of a game. This is a case of interpreting from a place of hate. We all saw the game
please tell me what all of his dribbling accomplished ? He had the easiest chance to assist all game, and he selfishly decided to shoot.

People criticize Ejuke for the same reasons, Is Simon untouchable ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:07 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:57 pm
sure

Take Simon for instance.

Yes, the end delivery was lacking, except for the goal....

What do you mean "except for the goal" ?

Did Simon pick somebody out with a cross ? Please dont try and give him credit for something he did not do.

That was pinball. Aribo got the assist.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Moses dribbling and pressure on the left flank was central to our success. It kept their midfield honest and freed us to progress.

And of course it led to our goal.

I’m not sure how someone can watch that match (I’ve just watched it again), and not appreciate the amazing work Simon did for the team, just so they can defend their past statements.

Na wah.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:08 am
deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:59 pm In truth, Simon Moses’ first half wasn’t great. He beat his man, but the final decision was often poor. It was as in the second half that his final decisions improved.

Dean

I think Moses was critical to that win. He constantly put the Egyptian backline under severe pressure. In fact, it was his cross that eventually led to the goal. It was his cross that led to the poor headed clearance from Egypt which landed to Aribo for that assist. Do not underestimate his impact on that match. In my view hew was the man of the match but faded afterwards.
Yes, this is true. He put fear and panic into that defense and they lost their shape. But the mark of a truly great game is to transform that fear into chances and goals. So like I said before, Simon had a good game. But he hasn’t made me repent…I’m still listening to the pastor though…I’m yet to answer the call :D
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:08 am

Dean

I agree Simon WAS key to the win.

He tormented the Egyptians, they were scared of him and it opened space for others.

But his delivery was PISS POOR.

That cross DID NOT lead to the goal. It was an innacurate cross that wasn't properly cleared. That IS NOT an assist, nor should he get credit for hitting and hoping, which is a key part of Simon's game.

HIT AND HOPE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

KEY PASSES

Chukwueze 4
Simon 0

Ignore that statistic all you want, make all the excuses you like, it is glaring, and the reason why we failed to score under Rohr.

Remember the troubles really started once Chuks got injured.