U20/U23 Watch - Ones for the future Home and Abroad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U20/U23 Watch - Ones for the future Home and Abroad

Post by wiseone »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

MOTM Performance by Alex Oyowah (19 y/o AM) with Rivers UTD as he assisted 2 of the 3 goals scored vs APC do Lobito in the Confederations Cup

That makes it 6 goals & 2 assists in 10 appearances for him so far in all competitions. And this is just his 2nd (1st full length) season of top level football.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:50 pm MOTM Performance by Alex Oyowah (19 y/o AM) with Rivers UTD as he assisted 2 of the 3 goals scored vs APC do Lobito in the Confederations Cup

That makes it 6 goals & 2 assists in 10 appearances for him so far in all competitions. And this is just his 2nd (1st full length) season of top level football.
Dude has been on fire this season. I would not mind if he gets a callup. We need midfielders like this in the Eagles.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:35 am
Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:50 pm MOTM Performance by Alex Oyowah (19 y/o AM) with Rivers UTD as he assisted 2 of the 3 goals scored vs APC do Lobito in the Confederations Cup

Dude has been on fire this season. I would not mind if he gets a callup. We need midfielders like this in the Eagles.
When I said last time that there are few home based lads especially midfielders who should be called up ahead of some of the div 2 deadweights that make the NT, people call me crazy. When we choose a player like Alex Oyowah with the likes of Nwakali, Ifeanyi Matthew and Alhassan...we shouldn't be struggling in midfield.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:26 am

When I said last time that there are few home based lads especially midfielders who should be called up ahead of some of the div 2 deadweights that make the NT, people call me crazy. When we choose a player like Alex Oyowah with the likes of Nwakali, Ifeanyi Matthew and Alhassan...we shouldn't be struggling in midfield.
Dude has 6 goals 2 assists in 10 games in all comps so far this season. Thats impressive. These are the kind of HBs guys that are needed in the SEs. The problem is Jeep Pajero is a lazy bum. Imagine ignoring the likes of Mathhew, FDB, Akinsanmiro, and now this lad for Aribo who is rooted on the bench for a div 2 side. SMH. I dont want to hear no noise about us not having midfielders again.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:54 am

Dude has 6 goals 2 assists in 10 games in all comps so far this season. Thats impressive. These are the kind of HBs guys that are needed in the SEs. The problem is Jeep Pajero is a lazy bum. Imagine ignoring the likes of Mathhew, FDB, Akinsanmiro, and now this lad for Aribo who is rooted on the bench for a div 2 side. SMH. I dont want to hear no noise about us not having midfielders again.
Our National team is plagued with all sorts of division 2/backwater league benchwarmers
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Missing two Olympics games (football) has had negative impact on the SE.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:37 pm Onuche Ogbelu made his first start for Esperance in their AFL semi finals vs Wydad where he more than held his own in midfield

Another start for him in the CAF Champions League, he's been very composed as the anchor in midfield
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I know Peseiro is the easy target now but when Salisu was calling up players from Azerbaijan and other obscure leagues including under the bridge, for the U23 Olympic qualifiers, was this boy not available for selection? The SE is not the first step for young players, they have the U20 and U23 to find their feet
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:38 pm

I know Peseiro is the easy target now but when Salisu was calling up players from Azerbaijan and other obscure leagues including under the bridge, for the U23 Olympic qualifiers, was this boy not available for selection? The SE is not the first step for young players, they have the U20 and U23 to find their feet
:rotf: :rotf: ...Dammy, was he producing at the same level when Salisu was making his call ups? Just asking. Football form is not static, right?

Additionally, I hope you will make a similar recommendation if a similarly aged player born in Europe appears on the scene. We will be looking out when it occurs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:43 pm

:rotf: :rotf: ...Dammy, was he producing at the same level when Salisu was making his call ups? Just asking. Football form is not static, right?

Additionally, I hope you will make a similar recommendation if a similarly aged player born in Europe appears on the scene. We will be looking out when it occurs.

I keep telling you that there are LEVELS in football.

If a similar aged player from Nigeria suddenly broke into the Real Madrid starting team, one would be crazy not to fast forward him to the SE...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:57 pm

If a similar aged player from Nigeria suddenly broke into the Real Madrid starting team, one would be crazy not to fast forward him to the SE...
Thanks for the brilliant response! Not just Real Madrid but even Alaves! E11 doesn’t seem to understand that there are levels in football and despises players that are in the top 5 European leagues.
FYI, a young Nigerian striker, 19 year old Rafiu Durosimi will be joining Bundesliga club, Eintracht Frankfurt from the Czech league in the winter transfer window. If he hits the ground running, there will be calls for him to be invited to the SE, just like Akor. The reason is LEVELS!!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:46 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:57 pm

Thanks for the brilliant response! Not just Real Madrid but even Alaves! E11 doesn’t seem to understand that there are levels in football and despises players that are in the top 5 European leagues.
FYI, a young Nigerian striker, 19 year old Rafiu Durosimi will be joining Bundesliga club, Eintracht Frankfurt from the Czech league in the winter transfer window. If he hits the ground running, there will be calls for him to be invited to the SE, just like Akor. The reason is LEVELS!!
Dammy & Txj

The levels are there and made clear by what you write of. However, as I have mentioned severally, I for one do not care about Big this or that. If a guy is exceptional and there are some to be sure, they can prove it against others when invited to the NT. Obviously, this kid appears to be exceptional in terms of what he is doing in Nigeria and among those in Nigeria's elite division. Let him prove it in SE camp. Same as any kid who is also hyped in Europe.

Importantly are all these U17 that you recommend for the SE exceptional or because they break into the squad in Europe? Remember, Okoye was fast tracked from Europe semi pro to the SE. Was it because he was also exceptional? If all those are exceptional, then maybe it becomes difficult to understand what 'exceptional' has become. For me, I have no problem fast tracking a seemingly exceptional lad to the SE from any where including Azberjian into the SE to compete for a spot. However, we must be willing to identify them wherever they demonstrate this exceptionality. Exceptionality is not reserved just for Euro league.
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Looking at some of the guys (Overaged and Below average) Salisu called up over him it was a shock at the time. Ideally young talents like him home and abroad should be given the opportunity with our lesser teams (U20/23/CHAN) first before jumping straight to the main SE, so at least then they won't just be thrown in the deep end like what is usually the case
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:09 pm

Looking at some of the guys (Overaged and Below average) Salisu called up over him it was a shock at the time. Ideally young talents like him home and abroad should be given the opportunity with our lesser teams (U20/23/CHAN) first before jumping straight to the main SE, so at least then they won't just be thrown in the deep end like what is usually the case
Abeg help me tell E11 o! The man just refuses to listen to superior arguments. There are levels in football and superior football education that he derides at every opportunity. You can NEVER compare the football education in Nigeria with the one in Europe. Even those who have passed through both always say the same thing but E11 who doesn’t have similar experience always thinks otherwise. Benjamin Frederick’s recent interview about his time in Nigeria and Brentford has not revealed anything new except that E11 will argue otherwise.
Ijeh was breaking goal scoring records in Sweden and got invited to the SE and couldn’t match up, why? Because there are levels, ditto Akpala, Eneramo in Belgium and Tunisia respectively but couldn’t replicate the form when they moved to top leagues because there are levels in football. The likes of Odemwingie started from the Belgian league and were able to replicate their form at higher levels and became mainstays in the SE.
Fact is that a talented player in the NPFL or any other obscure league need to step up to be invited. Their talents would open doors for them just like it did for Moffi, Akor, Durosimi, Ogbu etc for them to showcase their stuff at a higher level. Moffi didn’t get an invite while scoring goals in Moldova or Lithuania, or even Belgium. He got his invite when he replicated his form in Ligue one and that should be the standard. We are not alone in this as I have pointed out several times to E11, the top footballing nations in the world also follow this approach. The likes of Brazil, Argentina, Senegal, Morocco, Algeria hardly have any home based players despite having good football leagues. South Africa with one of the best leagues in Africa and filled with home based players have been left behind unlike the days when they had the likes of Mokoena, Issa, Fish, Radebe, Shoes, Tinkler, Bartlett etc playing in the top leagues and they were a regular feature in the business end of AFCON, and represented Africa in World Cups.
We have a tried and tested process but the likes of E11 wants it to be jettisoned and the SE opened to all comers
Last edited by Dammy on Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 🇳🇬U23 Prospects Watch

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:04 am Akinkunmi Amoo - 19
I don't think there's anything to say that hasn't been said yet, from the U17's only him and Tijani really caught my eye with what they did there as well as their potential for growth, its good to see how much he's developed and he's not close to his ceiling.
Amoo was listed on the bench (with Uzoho) for the first time in over a year with his new club Omonia Nicosia
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:54 am
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:44 pm
Looks impressive!
Is he Naija-Naija or e get another country wey go dey drag am with us?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:35 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:44 pm
Looks impressive!
Is he Naija-Naija or e get another country wey go dey drag am with us?
Original naija
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 🇳🇬U23 Prospects Watch

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:55 pm
Sunset wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:04 am Akinkunmi Amoo - 19
I don't think there's anything to say that hasn't been said yet, from the U17's only him and Tijani really caught my eye with what they did there as well as their potential for growth, its good to see how much he's developed and he's not close to his ceiling.
Amoo was listed on the bench (with Uzoho) for the first time in over a year with his new club Omonia Nicosia
Nigeria is such a rotten place, from top to bottom. After the press tarnished his image with reports of a prison sentence after being allegedly found guilty for sexual assault, no one in the press has bothered to provide an update on his status or even confirm the validity of the original report. Na wa ooo🤔❗️

Cheers.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Another sweet assist from him vs Bendel Insurance which makes it his 10th goal contribution in all competitions so far. 7 Goals + 3 assists in 15 appearances :thumb:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Rasaq Adeshina (19) is relatively unknown but looks set to be another top talent produced by the Real Sapphire Football Academy. He has only been in Europe for a year at most joining the U19's of Novi Pazar (Serbia) and in that period has broken into their first team, the main issue he'll have to face is the likelihood he'll get shifted to the wings. So far he has 3 goals + 1 assist in 20 Appearances for the first team.

While Ibraheem Jabaar (21) is having a great debut season out of Africa as he gets his 4th assist of the season for Israeli league side Hapoel Petah Tikva

Sunset wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:53 am Ibraheem Jabaar (2019 U17 team) makes the Diski PSL TOTY alongside Ndah