Eguavoen, Amuneke to takeover Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Akure4Life
Egg
Egg
Eguavoen, Amuneke to takeover Super Eagles

Post by Akure4Life »

Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: Eguavoen, Amuneke to takeover Super Eagles

Post by Igugu »

A smart thing to do. Good Call. But is it N3 Million for a week or a monthly salary? I don't understand the statement.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I am confused.
The development comes after Eguavoen’s ‘impressive’ performance at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, where he led the Super Eagles to hundred percent performance in the group stage before crashing out in the round of 16 to Tunisia.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Igugu wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:43 pm A smart thing to do. Good Call. But is it N3 Million for a week or a monthly salary? I don't understand the statement.
...interesting question, especially when former coach was paid over 1000% more than that.
These "impeccable source" reporters are not what they claim they are.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

I’m glad the ministry isn’t letting Pinnick bring another journey-man coach that would say our player aren’t good enough because they don’t play for champions League winning clubs. We will not win anything or make any impact with Peseiro and his likes. Stick with Eguavoen and have Amunike assist him with plans for Amunike to take over with Finidi George on the Horizon. We have more than enough ex-internationals who are well respect globally and are capable of coaching that team. Stop the nonsense. Look what Rhor did to the team psychologically. The guy doesn’t even believe in himself, his players and the country he was coaching. How can you win anything with someone like that?
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goalgetter wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:41 pm I’m glad the ministry isn’t letting Pinnick bring another journey-man coach that would say our player aren’t good enough because they don’t play for champions League winning clubs. We will not win anything or make any impact with Peseiro and his likes. Stick with Eguavoen and have Amunike assist him with plans for Amunike to take over with Finidi George on the Horizon. We have more than enough ex-internationals who are well respect globally and are capable of coaching that team. Stop the nonsense. Look what Rhor did to the team psychologically. The guy doesn’t even believe in himself, his players and the country he was coaching. How can you win anything with someone like that?
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I hope this is a position you will stick with even when the going gets tough.
Nothing personal to you but we as a people are not particularly known to stick around at such times.
It’s amazing how some of our people make miraculous 180 degree u-turns after a few dodgy results.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Please no dodgy results or dodgy selections
We want good results, if not...the fans will respond.
With Amuneke to provide help, I am sure Nigeria will qualify for the World Cup.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

asabatex wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:02 pm Please no dodgy results or dodgy selections
We want good results, if not...the fans will respond.
With Amuneke to provide help, I am sure Nigeria will qualify for the World Cup.
Until I see their team selection.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Damunk wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:41 pm I’m glad the ministry isn’t letting Pinnick bring another journey-man coach that would say our player aren’t good enough because they don’t play for champions League winning clubs. We will not win anything or make any impact with Peseiro and his likes. Stick with Eguavoen and have Amunike assist him with plans for Amunike to take over with Finidi George on the Horizon. We have more than enough ex-internationals who are well respect globally and are capable of coaching that team. Stop the nonsense. Look what Rhor did to the team psychologically. The guy doesn’t even believe in himself, his players and the country he was coaching. How can you win anything with someone like that?
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I hope this is a position you will stick with even when the going gets tough.
Nothing personal to you but we as a people are not particularly known to stick around at such times.
It’s amazing how some of our people make miraculous 180 degree u-turns after a few dodgy results.
The problem is the widespread notion in the Nigerian society that anything foreign is “better.” Pinnick seems to come from that school of thought. Eguavoen I learnt from highly reliable sources, regrets certain decisions he made leading up to the Tunisia game. He thought he could have done some things differently. He understands the Nigerian game and society, and feels the deep pain of that loss, more than anyone can claim. A Rhor or Peseiro won’t understand. To them it’s just another loss. Eguavoen and Amunike would be an excellent combo. Let them execute the playoffs, and coach the team at the WC..and Nations cup will follow next year. Nothing beats having your own.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is it the Ministry that now picks SE coaches? Is that not interference of Fifa regulations? Idk, but this is not going to end well.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:27 pm Is it the Ministry that now SE coaches? Is that not interference of Fifa regulations? Idk, but this is not going to end well.
I wouldn't be so fast to cull any report from an article online as factual until at least we get enough context from the right sources (NFF).
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

So what happens to Yobo? And Salisu?

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:57 pm I am confused.
You are not alone.
what about the Portuguese coach?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:55 pm So what happens to Yobo? And Salisu?
They're all staying I suppose. Salisu, Eguavoen and Amunike all have similar football philosophies, I don't think adding Amunike makes a difference. Instead, they should look to add an experienced veteran assistant coach from the continent that can help balance them out,particularly in MF setup. I don't think this bunch can handle modern MF tactics.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

They've been strategically "phased out"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am confused that you are confused!
The development comes after Eguavoen’s ‘impressive’ performance at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, where he led the Super Eagles to hundred percent performance in the group stage before crashing out in the round of 16 to Tunisia.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:31 pm I am confused that you are confused!
I am confused that you were impressed.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:20 pm
They're all staying I suppose. Salisu, Eguavoen and Amunike all have similar football philosophies, I don't think adding Amunike makes a difference. Instead, they should look to add an experienced veteran assistant coach from the continent that can help balance them out,particularly in MF setup. I don't think this bunch can handle modern MF tactics.
Hmmm. Yobo was assistant coach and now we are hearing rumours of a new assistant coach.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:36 pm
Hmmm. Yobo was assistant coach and now we are hearing rumours of a new assistant coach.
Salisu is the head assistant coach , there's room for another assistant coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well according to this report it appears all the other coaches--Salisu, Yobo and the likes have been axed for Eguavoen and Amunike to take over

https://t.co/FeOZ5sPXvT
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:44 pm
Lol Salisu was the head coach, Egu was the interim TA the rest were assistants. Which one be head assistant coach lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:39 pm
Lol Salisu was the head coach, Egu was the interim TA the rest were assistants. Which one be head assistant coach lol
Same thing. TA is a term only used in Africa. EGU is the manager, call him TA if you want. Salisu is the lead asst coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:58 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:39 pm
Same thing. TA is a term only used in Africa. EGU is the manager, call him TA if you want. Salisu is the lead asst coach.
Lol ok, I already told you what their appropriate titles are, but you want to make up your own go ahead. Chief Assistant coach abi na President of Assistant coaches association lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!