SADIQ Exploding after AFCON.... Beware!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SADIQ Exploding after AFCON.... Beware!

Post by Enugu II »

Umar Sadiq: Nigeria striker propels Almeria past Malaga
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/umar-sa ... 41e7bdbc02Shina Oludare - @sportingshina
Feb 12, 2022 17:12-05:00

A second-half strike by the Nigeria international helped Rojiblancos pick up all points against the White and Blues

Almeria recorded a 1-0 away victory over Malaga in Saturday’s Segunda Division fixture with Umar Sadiq scoring the only goal.

In the keenly contested affair staged at the Estadio La Rosaleda, the Nigeria international’s second half helped Rojiblancos pick all points.

Having defeated Ibiza 2-0 their last time out, Almeria travelled to the Andalusian city in a bid to extend their winning streak against the White and Blues - who are yet to win any of their last five matches in all competitions.

Despite a promising start, chances were few for both teams as they went into the half time break without success upfront.

Almeria found the breakthrough eight minutes into the second half through the Super Eagle who put the ball past goalkeeper Dani Barrio thanks to an assist from Francisco Portillo.

That goal was a reality check for the hosts who paid dearly for their profligacy in front of goal.

Sadiq could have completed his brace in the 75th minute but he was denied by a smart save from Barrio who punched the ball away to safety.

At the end of 90 minutes, Almeria emerged victorious to boost their aspirations of qualifying for the Spanish elite division at the end of the 2021-22 campaign.

Sadiq, who has now found the net on ten occasions from 22 appearances, was in action from start to finish.

For Malaga, Senegalese striker Sekou Gassama - who is on loan from Real Valladolid - was introduced for Roberto Fernandez with 14 minutes left on the clock.

Elsewhere, Morocco's duo of Haitam Abaida and Hicham as well as Mali's Moussa Diarra plus Issa Fomba were not considered for action by manager Natxo Gonzalez.

Thanks to this result, Almeria remain second in the Spanish second tier log having accrued 52 points from 27 outings so far, with Malaga sitting in distant 16th from the same number of matches.

Sadiq, who was part of Nigeria’s squad to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations – where they crashed out in the Round of 16 following a 1-0 defeat to Tunisia – would be aiming to continue his fine goalscoring form when his team welcome Mirandes to Estadio de los Juegos Mediterraneos on February 20.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SADIQ Exploding after AFCON.... Beware!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sadiq is well positioned to be in the SE squad if we qualify for the WC. Almeria will likely be promoted to Laliga next season , Onuachu seems stuck in Belgium , Denise will likely be relagated to the championship and Nacho will still be backing up Vardy. Osihmen, Sadiq and Awoniyi will be to the mundial if they maintain form.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Looks like he is going to be promoted but sometimes I feel that I am in the twilight zone with this guy. 10 goals in 22 games in Spanish d2 just isn't enough for all the hype on the brother.

Maybe, he will eventually reveal all these hidden talent he has.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:48 am Sadiq is well positioned to be in the SE squad if we qualify for the WC. Almeria will likely be promoted to Laliga next season , Onuachu seems stuck in Belgium , Denise will likely be relagated to the championship and Nacho will still be backing up Vardy. Osihmen, Sadiq and Awoniyi will be to the mundial if they maintain form.
I don't really like Dennis, but so what if he is relegated? You guys have no issues hyping Sadiq right now.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I suggest people go an watch the game Almeria Vs Malaga. Sadiq scored the only goal of the game a tap in header but wasted countless chances before he scored and after he scored. The Spanish second division is nothing to write home about. If he was scoring in the first division I would be impressed and join in the hype.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:03 pm I suggest people go an watch the game Almeria Vs Malaga. Sadiq scored the only goal of the game a tap in header but wasted countless chances before he scored and after he scored. The Spanish second division is nothing to write home about. If he was scoring in the first division I would be impressed and join in the hype.
Also watch the Belgian league, and how useless it is, looking at Onuachu's goal today I just shook my head, like is this even a proper league...lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:13 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:03 pm I suggest people go an watch the game Almeria Vs Malaga. Sadiq scored the only goal of the game a tap in header but wasted countless chances before he scored and after he scored. The Spanish second division is nothing to write home about. If he was scoring in the first division I would be impressed and join in the hype.
Also watch the Belgian league, and how useless it is, looking at Onuachu's goal today I just shook my head, like is this even a proper league...lol
Bros, this is the league that produced Hazard, De Bryne, Martens, Lukaku, Cortois and a team that has been number 1 in the world for sometime.

If nothing, the best in the league get to play contimental football. Lets keep ish real oh.

For Onuachu to be one of the best players in that league is no mean feat.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Not surprised by this at all. He's currently not good enough for Nigerian international standard
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:36 pm
Bros, this is the league that produced Hazard, De Bryne, Martens, Lukaku, Cortois and a team that has been number 1 in the world for sometime.

If nothing, the best in the league get to play contimental football. Lets keep ish real oh.

Again, if we are looking in the direction of Umar and Onuachu as our ideal strikers, then we can as well not bother to play soccer anymore. These are awful strikers that should not ordinarily be under consideration for the Super Eagles. Most European top teams do not rate clumsy players. That's why no decent team has come for Onuachu despite his harvest of goals in Belgium. Sadiq's case is even more bizzare. Had Sadiq been the idea striker that we needed, our game vs Tunisia would have been dragged to extra time if he had converted the golden opportunity that he had. No decent striker misses a one-on-one with the keeper in a crucial game like that. Should not be happening. He has the penchant of missing 20 chances before scoring one. No team should be giving him those types of chances in big games. Nigeria should better look beyond these players for solutions to our attacking problems.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ahidjo2,

As of now, nobody is saying that Sadiq or Onuachu should be number one. However, i do notice that a number of posters feel Sadiq is the heir apparent. This puzzles me, as one, he is probably playing at the lowest level of his contemporaries, two, although he is doing well in D2, a goal ratio of 1 in 2 games isn't mindblowing, 3, he wasn't that good in the Afcon. Imho, he was underwhelming.

So where exactly is this belief that he is a sure thing for the WC, if we qualify, coming from? I actually cannot remember a player playing at such an average level having so many shriners.

Note the words in the thread title, i came in with great expectations, only to be disappointed.

That said, Onuachu, Umar, Awoniyi are still young, they can improve, but for now, I would take Ighalo over all of them.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Union Berlin has played twice since the AFCON.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Like, i said, all sort of weirdos on Umars nutz...wish the boy luck :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ahidjo2 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:49 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Again, if we are looking in the direction of Umar and Onuachu as our ideal strikers, then we can as well not bother to play soccer anymore. These are awful strikers that should not ordinarily be under consideration for the Super Eagles. Most European top teams do not rate clumsy players. That's why no decent team has come for Onuachu despite his harvest of goals in Belgium. Sadiq's case is even more bizzare. Had Sadiq been the idea striker that we needed, our game vs Tunisia would have been dragged to extra time if he had converted the golden opportunity that he had. No decent striker misses a one-on-one with the keeper in a crucial game like that. Should not be happening. He has the penchant of missing 20 chances before scoring one. No team should be giving him those types of chances in big games. Nigeria should better look beyond these players for solutions to our attacking problems.
Ok agreee!!!! Now who do you recommend ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Do we really wish the boy luck? It should come from the heart o....
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, he has one goal in barely 100 minutes of representing Nigeria at the senior level. That's anong the best start for any forward we've had. Some have zero real goal in nearly 300 minutes. Sadiq is the
truth. We cant wish him away. He is here to stay barring injury.

deanotito wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:42 pm
Not surprised by this at all. He's currently not good enough for Nigerian international standard
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:02 am Uncle, he has one goal in barely 100 minutes of representing Nigeria at the senior level. That's anong the best start for any forward we've had. Some have zero real goal in nearly 300 minutes. Sadiq is the
truth. We cant wish him away. He is here to stay barring injury.

deanotito wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:42 pm
The truth of what?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:04 pm Ahidjo2,

That said, Onuachu, Umar, Awoniyi are still young, they can improve, but for now, I would take Ighalo over all of them.
Yet Ighalo is playing at a worse level than all those mentioned, and missed 2 clear sitters, WORSE than anything Sadiq or Awoniyi have missed playing for SE.

On top of that Ighalo has a habit of missing easy chances. Let us not forget Argentina.

So honestly you are yabbing nonsense.

Sadiq isn't being hyped for his goal ratio but for his playmaking and assisting ability, something our other options lack.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

So the young man scored a goal, and he is said to have 'exploded?' Hmm, ok-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I’m just feeling so sorry for all those casually dismissing Sadiq right now with such confident finality.
Izzokay.
When the time comes, the kine sour humble pie wey una go chop from my hand nor go finish.
Continue. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:31 am I’m just feeling so sorry for all those casually dismissing Sadiq right now with such confident finality.
Izzokay.
When the time comes, the kine sour humble pie wey una go chop from my hand nor go finish.
thats not what you said the last time (Afcon
)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

@1naija Union Berlin is not in a small league
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:31 am I’m just feeling so sorry for all those casually dismissing Sadiq right now with such confident finality.
Izzokay.
Exactly, not yet his time. When the time comes, I will gladly eat humble pie.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:58 am
Izzokay.
thats not what you said the last time (Afcon
)
Maybe mixing me up with someone else?
Its exactly what I have been saying about him even before AFCON.
Do your fact check, abeg.

In fact, small time una crowd go begin call me agent.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "