Kingsley Obiekwu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Kingsley Obiekwu

Post by imehjunior »

Someone saw him at a motor park at Enugu using his car to ferry passengers and shared on social media.

He was interviewed on Brilla Fm and he said he had to fend for his family and he has kids in University.

Ahmed Musa got wind of the interview and reached out to him. God bless him.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kingsley Obiekwu

Post by Lolly »

God bless Ahmed Musa.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Taxi driver or bus conductor? Some tweets said conductor..
imehjunior wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:37 pm Someone saw him at a motor park at Enugu using his car to ferry passengers and shared on social media.

He was interviewed on Brilla Fm and he said he had to fend for his family and he has kids in University.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Governor Musa, well done!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:53 pm Taxi driver or bus conductor? Some tweets said conductor..
imehjunior wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:37 pm Someone saw him at a motor park at Enugu using his car to ferry passengers and shared on social media.

I listened to him on Brilla yesterday and today when he phoned in. Taxi driver he shuttles Enugu to Nsuka.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Thank you, Ahmed Musa.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well done Musa! The haters and bigots against his very being are avoiding this thread like a plague. Ahmed Musa is a Nigerian football legend , a philanthropists and will be captain of the SE world cup squad to Qatar 2022. :thumbs: :thumbs:

If u don't like you're free to hug a transformer on the Ukrainian border with Russia.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:02 pm Well done Musa! The haters and bigots against his very being are avoiding this thread like a plague. Ahmed Musa is a Nigerian football legend , a philanthropists and will be captain of the SE world cup squad to Qatar 2022. :thumbs: :thumbs:

If u don't like you're free to hug a transformer on the Ukrainian border with Russia.
Aren't you too old for this level of buffonery?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I don't understand why the NFF can't implement pension, insurance, social security and 401k type programs that will help sustain ex internationals after their playing days are over. The active players too should help fight for this. It's not just about bonuses and allowances.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I wonder why he cannot leverage on his Olympic gold medal. Even if it is to coach Soccer at high school level in the United States and earn a decent living for his family.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 am I wonder why he cannot leverage on his Olympic gold medal. Even if it is to coach Soccer at high school level in the United States and earn a decent living for his family.
How about coaching secondary school level in Nigeria? Do we even have opportunities there? Not everybody wants to or will be able to come to the US. Nigerians have simply failed themselves. We're the most unproductive as society in the world and our people are paying with their lives.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

theYemster wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:53 am I don't understand why the NFF can't implement pension, insurance, social security and 401k type programs that will help sustain ex internationals after their playing days are over. The active players too should help fight for this. It's not just about bonuses and allowances.
It is not the NFF's place to organise pensions for players.

It is up to their union to do such a thing. Players must be willing to contribute towards their own pension.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

theYemster wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:53 am I don't understand why the NFF can't implement pension, insurance, social security and 401k type programs that will help sustain ex internationals after their playing days are over. The active players too should help fight for this. It's not just about bonuses and allowances.
NFF wey never pay players their due allowances na im you dey wait to setup pension for players .. :lol: :lol: :lol:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Akure4Life wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:27 pm
It is not the NFF's place to organise pensions for players.

It is up to their union to do such a thing. Players must be willing to contribute towards their own pension.
I don't disagree. However I feel the NFF should lead the way. Help set-up the structure and contribute a portion of all allowances to it which individual players and also their respective clubs can match over the course of their playing careers.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The first tweet I saw on another platform is that he was a conductor. I asked then, why was he a conductor despite playing for Nigeria at the Olympics and wining gold? My reason for asking then was, as an Olympic gold medalist he had other options than to be a conductors, including investing some of the money he made from the Olympics. Unless he is not good with money, in which case he will blow this N2 million also!
Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 am I wonder why he cannot leverage on his Olympic gold medal. Even if it is to coach Soccer at high school level in the United States and earn a decent living for his family.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:15 pm The first tweet I saw on another platform is that he was a conductor. I asked then, why was he a conductor despite playing for Nigeria at the Olympics and wining gold? My reason for asking then was, as an Olympic gold medalist he had other options than to be a conductors, including investing some of the money he made from the Olympics. Unless he is not good with money, in which case he will blow this N2 million also!
The actual story is that he actually coaching one of the teams in Enugu. He, however, supplements his income by driving given that his club trains only a few days in a week. That is his story.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This makes more sense.
Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:33 am
1naija wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:15 pm The first tweet I saw on another platform is that he was a conductor. I asked then, why was he a conductor despite playing for Nigeria at the Olympics and wining gold? My reason for asking then was, as an Olympic gold medalist he had other options than to be a conductors, including investing some of the money he made from the Olympics. Unless he is not good with money, in which case he will blow this N2 million also!
The actual story is that he actually coaching one of the teams in Enugu. He, however, supplements his income by driving given that his club trains only a few days in a week. That is his story.