Man Utd approach Napoli for Osimhen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

by Paul Vegas

Manchester United have expressed interest in Napoli striker Victor Osimhen.

United are in the market for a new striker signing this summer.

Italian transfer expert Ciro Venerato reports United have enquired about Osimhen, with the former Lille man told he can leave Italy during the summer.

He will come at a hefty cost though, with Napoli chairman Aurelio De Larentiis valuing the player at €100m.

It's been suggested Osimhen is a recommendation from United caretaker manager Ralf Rangnick.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... en-4405951
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Man Utd approach Napoli for Osimhen

Post by iworo »

Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

They were scammed by Lille and see the perfect opportunity to scam a richer team and make a profit. Very smart. If they don't sell now that the hype is still a bit strong, they will have to sell at a huge loss down the line when the hype fully dies. His play on the pitch isn't justifying the hype. Just my own 2 cents.

Let the insults begin...
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
Good question.

Watching him play over the last few months gives me some concern about his development. He appears to have stagnated a bit and my suspicion is that Napoli might be thinking he would not develop into the player they thought when they bought him. So its better to cash in early.

Osimhen needs to watch and study the new Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who is only 22, to learn a few things from him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:47 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
Good question.

Watching him play over the last few months gives me some concern about his development. He appears to have stagnated a bit and my suspicion is that Napoli might be thinking he would not develop into the player they thought when they bought him. So its better to cash in early.

Osimhen needs to watch and study the new Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who is only 22, to learn a few things from him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 pm So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Good question.

I dey tell you...there is this need to spin any story to fit their negative preconceived notions. Who considers selling a player to a bigger club for more money than he was purchased for a form of 'getting rid of', so then I guess the Belgian club that sold him to Lille also got rid of him, Lille that then sold him to Napoli also got rid of him....lol If Napoli get rid of him to Manure man will be really poor on the lad all these club that continue to not want him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What do you mean by get rid of? Bros, every player has a price. So you expect Napoli hold on to him if there is c a big offer out there. I will sell his rights in a heart beat if a big offer comes. This is a business.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good question.

Abeg, stick to APC propaganda. Osihmen returned from injury last month, where did u see him play the last "few months"? At the time of his injury he was averaging a just over a goal every 2 games. The fact that Man U is willing to spend big on him is evidence of his quality unless you believe, like bushboy conspiracy, that Napoli is so smart they'll scam Man U and sell them a poor player.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:20 pm
What do you mean by get rid of? Bros, every player has a price. So you expect Napoli hold on to him if there is c a big offer out there. I will sell his rights in a heart beat if a big offer comes. This is a business.
too many unintelligent on this forum..my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 pm So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Good question.

The things one reads on this forum. I guess AS Roma also was trying to get rid of Roma...

AS Roma Sporting Director Monchi gave an interview with Onda Cero radio and offered the following explanation:

“I sold him for more than €42m. We had a need to sell. We had no option but to sell Salah before June 30. Had we not done that, we probably wouldn’t be here playing the semifinal of the Champions League as we had UEFA closely monitoring us.”

“We congratulate Liverpool for buying him. We had to sell him and the player wanted to leave. Unfortunately, we suffered that on Tuesday night because we know of his quality. He is a very strong player.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Napoli getting rid of a player for 100M??
Man we have some naive ppl on this site.

Napoli was ALWAYS going to sell Osimhen on. That has always been the plan. If anything he is doing so well that the plan has been accelerated.

What a weird statement to make.

I guess Inter got rid of lukaku and Dortmund bout to get rid of Haaland :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:41 pm Napoli getting rid of a player for 100M??

Napoli was ALWAYS going to sell Osimhen on. That has always been the plan. If anything he is doing so well that the plan has been accelerated.

I guess Inter got rid of lukaku and Dortmund bout to get rid of Haaland :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:41 pm Napoli getting rid of a player for 100M??

Lolly and Bushboy are cut from the same fabric of utter cluelessness, these guys shouldn't even here discussing football with sound minds in the first place (especially that Lolly guy who is at best useful as a tap-dancer for Buhari).
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I believe Lille will take a cut out of that 100 mill if M United are foolish enough to pay that much for him! Napoli paid about 55 mill for him?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I like how everyone has latched on to the phrase "get rid of" to conveniently ignore the real issue. Yes, I agree completely that selling a player at a profit is in no way "getting rid of him" it was a poor choice of words from Iworo, that much is clear.

But anyone who wants to be completely honest and objective can get the sense Napoli wants to sell quickly to cash in on Victor before the hype fades. There is a second school of thought that says if Napoli gets CL football next season, and Victor enjoys a breakout season both domestically and in Europe, they could then sell him at an even bigger profit.

When Spalleti was engaging in hyperbole, constantly singing Vic's praises and comparing Osimhen to Maradona (sacrilege!!) I knew something was up, because I too have watched every single game Napoli has played and NOTHING I have EVER seen Vic do is remotely close to the level of Maradona.

Now it is obvious it was a full blown PR campaign to get a desperate "money mis road" to bite and grossly overpay to secure him. 100 million for Osimhen? Really? WOW! If any of you can honestly say the lad you watch in that Napoli shirt is a 100 million player, then no yawa. I personally don't see it. The 55 Napoli paid Lille was too much sef.

Anyway, lets see how the summer window plays out. If this indeed turns out to be true, good on Vic. Let him make as much money as he can.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Any team that gets offered close to double what they paid for a player and the player wants to leave will always entertain that offer. It’s not like it’s Napoli hawking him about from team to team for a cut rate, but if a team comes in with a big offer why wouldn’t they entertain it? And why would there be anything negative about that? It’s just business, but trust the same negative nellys to try and make it into bad thing…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Ex-Inter Milan star says Napoli must sell Osimhen

Alessandro Altobelli, a former Inter Milan star says Victor Osimhen can't lead Napoli to victory and has advised the club to let him go.

Osimhen failed to place the club back in the champions league places despite his €70 million transfer from Lille in 2019.

The lanky forward scored 10 goals in his first season and missed some games due to several injuries.

Osimhen suffered another injury this season which led to Napoli slipping from the top of the table to the second position.

Alessandro Altobelli said, Osimhen’s injury history is a major challenge for the club.

He said, “If Napoli had a strong striker at their disposal and they did, that is Osimhen where was he at this time? For me, Osimhen is a great striker, but in two years he makes you 10 games.”

“He gave little to Napoli. I am of the opinion that Napoli must take on a great striker. If Napoli had Vlahovic they would be at the top of the table” he said.

http://lucky-wap-ams.op-mobile.opera.co ... rts&page=6

Napoli Open To Letting Osimhen Leave Next Summer, Sets Price Tag As Forward Suffers Racist Abuse

Victor Osimhen will be allowed to leave Italian Serie A side Napoli next summer during the transfer window per reports by Rai journalist Ciro Venerato. Speaking to Domenica Sportiva, he said the club have decided to cut their losses on the Nigerian as he is yet to fully settle in the country and have already set a price tag for his sale. He said president of Napoli Aurelio De Laurentius sees reasons in letting the forward leave but for a fee in the region of a €100m and have already initiated contact with Sassuolo over their forward Gianluca Scamacca. “Victor Osimhen can leave Napoli at the end of the season. Manchester United are part of the teams keen on him. Their manager Ralph Ragnick sees him as a perfect replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo”, he said. “De Laurentius has set a price tag of around €100m after evaluating his options. At the same time Napoli have asked for information with Sassuolo for Scamacca. Spalleti considers him the perfect replacement for Osimhen if he leaves”, he explained. Meanwhile fellow Italian journalist Dario Di Gennaro has expressed his surprise over the behaviour of the referee in the 2-1 win Napoli had over Lazio yesterday in the Serie A, he claimed they didn’t bother to stop the game when Osimhen was racially insulted by Lazio fans. “But racist insult for Osimhen without anyone from the referee saying anything”, he posted on his official Twitter handle @dariogennar.

https://thestreetjournal.org/napoli-ope ... ist-abuse/
Last edited by iworo on Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

All this noise over rumors?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Well, well, is that not Altobelli's opinion :???: Do I care? Does Napoli carte? You know the answer. Phew! Fact is if you are selling far more than you bought then you are making profit and you will be able to do that only if you convince the buyer that the contract and deal is worth it. If not, why would the buyer do this, I ask? As for Altobelli, do you not think it is his opinion. BTW, here are opinions thst will be more compelling for me: current manager at Napoli, Eguavoen, Amuneke, Gernot Rohr. Not Altobelli. What makes Altobelli superior to any one else? BTW, I sure do not think the proposed buyer and Napoli agree with Altobelli. So what does that make his views?
iworo wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:00 am

Alessandro Altobelli, a former Inter Milan star says Victor Osimhen can't lead Napoli to victory and has advised the club to let him go.

Osimhen failed to place the club back in the champions league places despite his €70 million transfer from Lille in 2019.

The lanky forward scored 10 goals in his first season and missed some games due to several injuries.

Osimhen suffered another injury this season which led to Napoli slipping from the top of the table to the second position.

Alessandro Altobelli said, Osimhen’s injury history is a major challenge for the club.

He said, “If Napoli had a strong striker at their disposal and they did, that is Osimhen where was he at this time? For me, Osimhen is a great striker, but in two years he makes you 10 games.”

“He gave little to Napoli. I am of the opinion that Napoli must take on a great striker. If Napoli had Vlahovic they would be at the top of the table” he said.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:52 am Well, well, is that not Altobelli's opinion :???: Do I care? Does Napoli carte? You know the answer. Phew! Fact is if you are selling far more than you bought then you are making profit and you will be able to do that only if you convince the buyer that the contract and deal is worth it. If not, why would the buyer do this, I ask? As for Altobelli, do you not think it is his opinion. What makes it superior top any one else. BTW, I sure do not think the proposed buyer and Napoli agree with Altobelli. So what does that make his views?

Y’all funny :). We can always disagree to agree. Time will tell, because I’m going to bookmark this thread. They will be lucky to even get €50 million for him….. €100 million my butt :rotf: :rotf:.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Napoli Open To Letting Osimhen Leave Next Summer, Sets Price Tag As Forward Suffers Racist Abuse

Victor Osimhen will be allowed to leave Italian Serie A side Napoli next summer during the transfer window per reports by Rai journalist Ciro Venerato. Speaking to Domenica Sportiva, he said the club have decided to cut their losses on the Nigerian as he is yet to fully settle in the country and have already set a price tag for his sale. He said president of Napoli Aurelio De Laurentius sees reasons in letting the forward leave but for a fee in the region of a €100m and have already initiated contact with Sassuolo over their forward Gianluca Scamacca. “Victor Osimhen can leave Napoli at the end of the season. Manchester United are part of the teams keen on him. Their manager Ralph Ragnick sees him as a perfect replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo”, he said. “De Laurentius has set a price tag of around €100m after evaluating his options. At the same time Napoli have asked for information with Sassuolo for Scamacca. Spalleti considers him the perfect replacement for Osimhen if he leaves”, he explained. Meanwhile fellow Italian journalist Dario Di Gennaro has expressed his surprise over the behaviour of the referee in the 2-1 win Napoli had over Lazio yesterday in the Serie A, he claimed they didn’t bother to stop the game when Osimhen was racially insulted by Lazio fans. “But racist insult for Osimhen without anyone from the referee saying anything”, he posted on his official Twitter handle @dariogennar.

Napoli is at the Top of the table now and Oshimen is the nunber 1 striker . This article is full of contradictions.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

bushboy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:22 am I like how everyone has latched on to the phrase "get rid of" to conveniently ignore the real issue. Yes, I agree completely that selling a player at a profit is in no way "getting rid of him" it was a poor choice of words from Iworo, that much is clear.

But anyone who wants to be completely honest and objective can get the sense Napoli wants to sell quickly to cash in on Victor before the hype fades. There is a second school of thought that says if Napoli gets CL football next season, and Victor enjoys a breakout season both domestically and in Europe, they could then sell him at an even bigger profit.

When Spalleti was engaging in hyperbole, constantly singing Vic's praises and comparing Osimhen to Maradona (sacrilege!!) I knew something was up, because I too have watched every single game Napoli has played and NOTHING I have EVER seen Vic do is remotely close to the level of Maradona.

Now it is obvious it was a full blown PR campaign to get a desperate "money mis road" to bite and grossly overpay to secure him. 100 million for Osimhen? Really? WOW! If any of you can honestly say the lad you watch in that Napoli shirt is a 100 million player, then no yawa. I personally don't see it. The 55 Napoli paid Lille was too much sef.

Anyway, lets see how the summer window plays out. If this indeed turns out to be true, good on Vic. Let him make as much money as he can.
Dude, Osimhen on average scores a goal in every second game for both country and club, how many strikers can achieve this?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dude, are you that desperate? So Altobelli skipped all the Italian National team players on the Napoli team to make such comments about Osimhen to some obscure website called mynigeria.com?

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.