SE players missing in action.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE players missing in action.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We have a problem folks. A big one!

A lot of our players have not being playing regularly since AFCON and time is running out. We face Ghana in 3 weeks. This is not good. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE players missing in action.

Post by Dammy »

It's worrying, especially key defenders like Aina, Ekong and Awaziem. They have been frozen out since returning from AFCON.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

It is now looking like we have a big problem.

Aina, Ekong and Iheanacho are the big worries. To a lesser extent, Uzoho.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

this guy has to be the most entertaining monotone person of all time, great channel.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:54 pm this guy has to be the most entertaining monotone person of all time, great channel.
You just like him because of his .... *cough* .... American accent. Probably reminds you of some fellas you grew up with back in the day .... back when you had jerry-curls and break-danced to music on your Walkman.

PS: Or were the 1980s movies on VHS lying to me? :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

King Futcha wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:54 pm this guy has to be the most entertaining monotone person of all time, great channel.
I thought it was only me.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The gift and the curse of sacrificing for your nation. Guys like Ekong and Aina etc all risk their club spots to represent the country, they get back to their club and their club now rejects them, then the national team now says well they are not playing for their clubs so we too will shun them…I swear going to AFCON is a lose lose situation for a lot of our boys, we gotta give it up for those who make that sacrifice.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Dammy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:48 pm It's worrying, especially key defenders like Aina, Ekong and Awaziem. They have been frozen out since returning from AFCON.
We actually took an injured Awaziem to the AFCON, I don't think he's back to full fitness
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:15 pm The gift and the curse of sacrificing for your nation. Guys like Ekong and Aina etc all risk their club spots to represent the country, they get back to their club and their club now rejects them, then the national team now says well they are not playing for their clubs so we too will shun them…I swear going to AFCON is a lose lose situation for a lot of our boys, we gotta give it up for those who make that sacrifice.
when I told you all that playing afcon in the middle of the European season was STUPID, you all attacked me and claimed we should "stand our ground" and that I was "pandering" to them.

Its always going to be a lose lose situation, and I am glad the next afcon will be played in the summer, LIKE ALL OTHER CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The major silver lining here is that we have unearthed Calvin Bassey who looks the part and could well be a gem in that team... needless to mention that Zaidu has been posting consistently top level performances at Porto..
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The Eagle wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:59 pm
You just like him because of his .... *cough* .... American accent. Probably reminds you of some fellas you grew up with back in the day .... back when you had jerry-curls and break-danced to music on your Walkman.

PS: Or were the 1980s movies on VHS lying to me? :)
I see you still have some comedic bones left in that old body :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:15 pm The gift and the curse of sacrificing for your nation. Guys like Ekong and Aina etc all risk their club spots to represent the country, they get back to their club and their club now rejects them, then the national team now says well they are not playing for their clubs so we too will shun them…I swear going to AFCON is a lose lose situation for a lot of our boys, we gotta give it up for those who make that sacrifice.
You truly believe Ekong is being frozen out or “rejected” because he left for AFCON? Do you follow events at these clubs or you are just making things up?

Watford went of a buying spree during the January transfer window and brought the Brazilian Samir who is doing a great job. Ekong now has a job on his hands breaking into the team. That’s the simple truth.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Could be a blessing in disguise, hopefully they'll avoid injury and Naija will have the full complement of players to choose from.
Last edited by Silver-Shadow on Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Escape
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 pm
when I told you all that playing afcon in the middle of the European season was STUPID, you all attacked me and claimed we should "stand our ground" and that I was "pandering" to them.

Its always going to be a lose lose situation, and I am glad the next afcon will be played in the summer, LIKE ALL OTHER CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.
When Ekong lost his place earlier was it due to AFCON? Was Iheanacho regular before AFCON? Logic has never been your strong point.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:53 pm It is now looking like we have a big problem.

Aina, Ekong and Iheanacho are the big worries. To a lesser extent, Uzoho.
The Ghana game is in about 3 weeks, the aquad list will likely be out 2 weeks prior. This means unless they play this weekend the coaches will have to roll with them or bring in new set of players who are more active.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I didn’t attack you, I share the same sentiment but it’s an unpopular one so I kept it to myself.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:01 pm

When Ekong lost his place earlier was it due to AFCON? Was Iheanacho regular before AFCON? Logic has never been your strong point.
Ekong was a regular, they bought Samir because he was going to AFCON. Aina too was a regular, no one should be mentioning Iheanacho as he’s been playing since he returned, but specifically Ekong and Aina sacrificed their starting positions for the SE and if anything we need to give them support rather than exclude/shun them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:38 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:01 pm

Ekong was a regular, they bought Samir because he was going to AFCON. Aina too was a regular, no one should be mentioning Iheanacho as he’s been playing since he returned, but specifically Ekong and Aina sacrificed their starting positions for the SE and if anything we need to give them support rather than exclude/shun them.
Amen to that. Besides, we don't even have better options.
OCCUPY NFF!!