OKOYE TO START - AMUNIKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
OKOYE TO START - AMUNIKE

Post by jette1 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbNdTUbM18C ... =copy_link
AMUNIKE has confirmed there will be no change in the choice of 1st in goal against Ghana
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OKOYE TO START - AMUNIKE

Post by 1naija »

Was that in doubt?
jette1 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:49 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CbNdTUbM18C ... =copy_link
AMUNIKE has confirmed there will be no change in the choice of 1st in goal against Ghana
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why is he announcing the goalie before camp opens? Is that his job? The way these coaches are talking doesn't offer much confidence in their ability to lead , the Nija back bitting factor seems to be creeping in. If we qualify, we'll need to hire a new FC. I don't trust these rag-tag local coaches who just open their mouths gbao gbao like shakabula.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:05 am Why is he announcing the goalie before camp opens? Is that his job? The way these coaches are talking doesn't offer much confidence in their ability to lead , the Nija back bitting factor seems to be creeping in. If we qualify, we'll need to hire a new FC. I don't trust these rag-tag local coaches who just open their mouths gbao gbao like shakabula.
Emir

Are you sure ut was not a response to a question? I really do not see what is wrong here. Was it in doubt who the starting goalie is? In my view, this is much ado about nothing really.

What will be news and shocking at this point is to state either that Okoye will not start or that the goalkeeping position is up for grabs. That will create a firestorm of news
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:09 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:05 am Why is he announcing the goalie before camp opens? Is that his job? The way these coaches are talking doesn't offer much confidence in their ability to lead , the Nija back bitting factor seems to be creeping in. If we qualify, we'll need to hire a new FC. I don't trust these rag-tag local coaches who just open their mouths gbao gbao like shakabula.
Emir

Are you sure ut was not a response to a question? I really do not see what is wrong here. Was it in doubt who the starting goalie is? In my view, this is much ado about nothing really.

What will be news and shocking at this point is to state either that Okoye will not start or that the goalkeeping position is up for grabs. That will create a firestorm of news
You might be right but when you listen to some of the rubbish Eguavoen and Egbaoje have been talking recently, I just don't trust them.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:23 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:09 am
Emir

You might be right but when you listen to some of the rubbish Eguavoen and Egbaoje have been talking recently, I just don't trust them.
I have been miffed by some of Egu's comments as well but I think this one by Amuneke is okay. Infact, it is more about projecting team stability as journalists seek to sniff around seeking controversial openinugs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Everyone knows Okoye is the best we've got and will definitely start.
But then I just checked the link. Nowhere did he mention that Okoye will start. It's just a click bait.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:03 am Everyone knows Okoye is the best we've got and will definitely start.
But then I just checked the link. Nowhere did he mention that Okoye will start. It's just a click bait.
He was talking to BrilaFm and it’s on their website
https://www.brila.net/we-cant-drop-madu ... e-amuneke/

He basically said they “won’t drop Okoye because of one mistake” - which is pretty much saying he’ll start.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Saying anything other than that would have created more distraction. Imagine if he had said they are still evaluating the goalkeeper position....even if they actually are.
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:29 am
naijaguy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:03 am Everyone knows Okoye is the best we've got and will definitely start.

He basically said they “won’t drop Okoye because of one mistake” - which is pretty much saying he’ll start.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:57 pm Saying anything other than that would have created more distraction. Imagine if he had said they are still evaluating the goalkeeper position....even if they actually are.

You are right. :agree:
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

If Naija use Uzoho, Naija will qualify easily
No Escape
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:57 pm Saying anything other than that would have created more distraction. Imagine if he had said they are still evaluating the goalkeeper position....even if they actually are.

I believe this announcement should not have been made yet.

Why ? : Our opponents can now spend a lot of time studying Okoye and probably identify some weaknesses to their advantage.

We need to qualify for World Cup.

Games are won on and off the field tactically.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ghana know all our regular starters as we do theirs. They will be stupid not to study all of them just as we would be if we don't prepare for all of theirs. As long as they don't know our tactics ahead time.....
blueangel wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:01 pm

I believe this announcement should not have been made yet.

Why ? : Our opponents can now spend a lot of time studying Okoye and probably identify some weaknesses to their advantage.

We need to qualify for World Cup.

Games are won on and off the field tactically.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Abegiii, speak for yasef.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:58 am
Abi, who be this everyone Mschew…poor keeper like this…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Name one better than him at the moment and back up your claims with verifiable facts.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:22 pm
Name one better than him at the moment and back up your claims with verifiable facts.
The people that matter know the truth and have made their choice.
All the rest na worthless noise and demenstruation. :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Even with tht , it does not mean he is saying Okoye will start. It can be interpreted to mean, the mistake is not enough to cost Okoye his shirt, as in if at all he is going to be dropped it wont be because of that mistake.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Uzoho, for verifiable fact go and watch our last game at the ANC…mschew
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:37 pm
Let’s hope he doesn’t cost us this tie…at least we now know that those who matter KNOW and ADMIT he made a mistake unlike the hogwash we were being fed on CE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:39 pm
Let’s hope he doesn’t cost us this tie…at least we now know that those who matter KNOW and ADMIT he made a mistake unlike the hogwash we were being fed on CE…
I hear say he is not coming.

He is allegedly sick. I hope it is nothing serious.

Uzoho can get the job done... reclaim his shirt and keep it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:55 pm
I hear say he is not coming.

He is allegedly sick. I hope it is nothing serious.

Uzoho can get the job done... reclaim his shirt and keep it.
Get well soon Okoye, hopefully Uzoho and co are ready to step in and solidify their spot on the team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If you were hearing people saying it was “not a mistake” then you must have been tuned into a spoof channel. Or just hearing without actually listening. As far as I remember, nobody suggested it was ‘deliberate’. :rotf:
What WAS debated was the fact that every keeper makes MISTAKES; just that some felt he made too many and was therefore not fit for purpose. Others argued it wasn’t out of the ordinary and the boy is still good and the best we have regardless.

However, you might be referring to a different debate which you have described as ‘hogwash’.
Let us know. :taunt: