THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Has come back to haunt Nigeria. A terrible decision was made to sack him under the guise of avoiding disaster but look what we have now. Shame on all those who collided to destroy our football.

Well.... look what we have now. A disaster that has nothing to do with Rohr. I expect Pinnick and the entire board to resign tonight.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: THE GHOST OF GERNOT ROHR!

Post by Benedict Iroha »

The lad is drinking a good German lager laughing like an hyena, German swahili.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Benedict Iroha wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:06 pm The lad is drinking a good German lager laughing like an hyena, German swahili.
I hope the resignations start flowing in tonite. Eguavoen turned out to be a fake.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Shame on Bigpokey, Danfo hustler and all the know nothings on this site for destroying what Rohr built
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
If you sack him, then get a better coach.

Ghana sacked their coach after AFCON, just 2 months away. And the guy managed to out coach Eguavoen over 2 legs.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

it was obviously a bone headed decision.

How can you sack a coach that qualified you for a major tournament, and also qualified you for final match of the biggest tournament in the world, just before these 2 major tournaments?

I don't get it. it was bound to end in disaster. AFCON was a pointer to how poor this coaching crew is. We had the chance to bring back Rohr after AFCON, get him to qualify us for the WC, coach us in the WC and disengage him. BUt no, we took the usual NIgerian leadershio bone headed decisions.

Disastrous AFCON, Disastrous WC qualification.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm It turned out to be a big mistake! I apologise for calling for the sack of Baba Rohr, the man knew how to pick up qualification tickets.
Again, the sacking wasn't the problem because the team was trending in the wrong direction.

The problem was who replaced him.

Ask yourself why didn't Ghana retain their coach and made changes to prosecute this two-legged affair?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:29 pm
Again, the sacking wasn't the problem because the team was trending in the wrong direction.

Ask yourself why didn't Ghana retain their coach and made changes to prosecute this two-legged affair?
So, you didn't factor that into the equation when you were clamoring for Rohr to be fired. Some of you never cease to amaze me :roll:.
Last edited by iworo on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Yep looking very silly now. I didn’t like him but always said there was no grounds to fire him as he had met all his goals…at least let him go to ANC, if he doesn’t meet his target there then you have grounds to fire him…
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1. The RESULTS were not trending in the wrong direction, cus we always achieved qualification or progressed towards it. The loss to CAR was NEVER significant. You cannot based major decisions on insignificant results...

2. The performance was very poor, but as a result of the pandemic, very few teams across the globe were posting good performances.

3. This is not to say we had a brilliant coach. We did not. But he was a steady hand. And we should've used AFCON as the real barometer for measuring where we were at under him.

4. We were not in same place as Ghana. Ghana was a stale team. Nigeria was a settled side. A settled squad with established players and a very good process for introducing new players.

5. In football the only time you do a restart is when you are stale. We were not stale, cus we were getting the results.

At the very least we should've given ourselves the AFCON as a platform for a strategic reassessment.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:18 pm
If you sack him, then get a better coach.

Ghana sacked their coach after AFCON, just 2 months away. And the guy managed to out coach Eguavoen over 2 legs.
I said this times without number when the calls for Rohr's sack were loudest. Don't fight to remove the roadblock from the highway if it's there to stop you from driving towards a cliff. Thinking about an upgraded replacement is 1000% more important than the easy part which is the firing. Pinnick understood this for the longest time until he eventually got swallowed by the loud know nothings. Unfortunately he needs to live & die by his decision. There are countless examples exactly like this in our history, but we never learn.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

E11, how market?
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Why is nobody calling for Pinnink and the NFF board to resign? These guys have to take responsibility.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:02 pm Why is nobody calling for Pinnink and the NFF board to resign? These guys have to take responsibility.
Exactly!!! Pinnick always avoids scrutiny
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:02 pm Why is nobody calling for Pinnink and the NFF board to resign? These guys have to take responsibility.
Our oga them have no concept of shame, thus expecting any of them to resign is quite wishful.
Just like here on CE, the arguments will be tangential to what truly ails our football.

We fans should simply relax and enjoy being screwed by those handicapping our football.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

It is from Rhor that all this loser mentality started in the first place. Yes he brought more discipline but he also caused us to lose our Naija swag and confidence. We start saying that every small team is a strong team and being happy and grateful for mediocre results left and right. Now a lot of the players have self doubt and confidence. Before even if we lost 2-0 away we would have the self belief that we will win 3-0 at home and that shines through in the energy you bring to a game.

It’s time to go back and rediscover our Naija spirit. All this talk of formations and looking for new players to add to the team every 5 mins is no use if the underlying spirit that makes Naija to be Naija is not there. Those players today have the talent to beat Ghana - they didn’t have the belief
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Nigeria’s last two records before Gernot Rohr:
Failed to qualify for two consecutive AFCONS.

Nigeria with Rohr: AFCON semis, World Cup qualification, AFCON qualification.

Nigeria without Rohr: AFCON round of 16 exit, failed to qualify for World Cup.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:19 pm Nigeria’s last two records before Gernot Rohr:
Failed to qualify for two consecutive AFCONS.

Nigeria with Rohr: AFCON semis, World Cup qualification, AFCON qualification.

Nigeria without Rohr: AFCON round of 16 exit, failed to qualify for World Cup.
Interesting...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

My guy, it didnt "turn out" to be a mistake.
It was predictably a big mistake. You were not willing to entertain an alternative view.
But you are forgiven.
We are all mourning together....
Up Eagles.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

The sacking was the problem because you and others never even thought about who could replace him and do a better job.

Remember when I said to you guys to be careful what you wish for? Remember when I said wishing was not a plan?! Karma don catch all of una.

And by your comments Cellular, I can clearly see that you have learned nothing from this debacle.
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:32 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm
charlie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm I see the celebrations here and realize,....Nigerians are dumb.

Be very careful what you wish for....that is all I will say.
We wish for a better team, a team that Rohr can't produce. Nothing to be careful about.
Actually you wish for Rohr to get sacked with the hope you get a better team.
The problem is,...wishing is not a plan!

People like you are a parody of the clueless wishing for what they do not understand.
As I always said, it is very easy to destroy or dismantle, but building takes much more than wishes and mob justice.

If Nigeria fail to qualify for the WC because we messed up the team dynamics and stability by changing the coach at a crucial juncture,...look in a mirror because you and others like you are part of the reason.
Last edited by charlie on Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:25 pm
My guy, it didnt "turn out" to be a mistake.
It was predictably a big mistake. You were not willing to entertain an alternative view.
But you are forgiven.
We are all mourning together....
Up Eagles.
You forgive too easily,...you shouldnt.
As my grandfather used to say, the koboko has to sting for the lesson to sink in. There is no cushioning this. People that called for Rohr's sacking,...we have failed to qualify for the WC, because of you! You were warned, you didnt listen.

Own this. For your sake, for all our sake, own it, and dont be made to forget it. Because you will be tested again. And I hope you do better.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it