We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 pm Ifeanyi Matthew with his 3rd assist of the season
A midfielder who can actually progress the ball intelligently and play box 2 box, imagine a midfield of Iwobi- Ndidi- Ifeanyi Matthew/Alhassan, with Nwakali, Folorunsho, Akinsanmiro/Eletu as subs at the AFCON. We really need to be serious in Nigeria.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:18 am
Sunset wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 pm Ifeanyi Matthew with his 3rd assist of the season
A midfielder who can actually progress the ball intelligently and play box 2 box, imagine a midfield of Iwobi- Ndidi- Ifeanyi Matthew/Alhassan, with Nwakali, Folorunsho, Akinsanmiro/Eletu as subs at the AFCON. We really need to be serious in Nigeria.
Bros we are not serious. Unless Pissero is sacked I won't watch the Afcon.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Olawoyin scores his first goal in the Super Lig
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:26 pm Olawoyin scores his first goal in the Super Lig
Good for him but that GK pulled an Onana.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:26 pm Olawoyin scores his first goal in the Super Lig
He wins it in injury time with a very difficult finish
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:37 am
Sunset

Any inside reason why Ibrahim Olawoyin has not been considered for the Super Eagles? This guy was dominating while in Nigeria with Rangers and then now for years. What is the story? I raise this because he has been stellar in a position that Nigeria has lacked for years. Besides Iwobi, who else has really excelled in the position? Moreover, Olawoyin scores goals from time to time. Although, he should be getting up there age wise. He must be late 20s by now if not older.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leon Balogun with a MoTM performance for Glasgow Rangers as they beat Aberdeen 1-0 to win the Scottish League Cup today.
He’s been immense for Rangers and could be the experienced central defender ( in preference to Ekong and Omeruo) in the AFCON squad
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:26 pm Leon Balogun with a MoTM performance for Glasgow Rangers as they beat Aberdeen 1-0 to win the Scottish League Cup today.
He’s been immense for Rangers and could be the experienced central defender ( in preference to Ekong and Omeruo) in the AFCON squad
I do not think Balogun fits the way Peseiro wants to play but admittedly neither does Ekong or Omeruo. The old Awaziem does with immense ball possession skill at the back. Sadly, that is now in the past.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That goal was offside. It was visible even with the naked eye. Was it allowed to stand? (Turkey has VAR)
Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:37 am
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ibrahim Olawoyin another player that deserves a look in

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:23 am Ibrahim Olawoyin another player that deserves a look in
SIGNED
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:34 pm
This guy must be in our AFCON squad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:23 pm
Sunset,

I just do not understand why this guy has not received an opportunity to compete for an SE shirt. I am truly mystified by this. He had shown his control and vision and his ability to make the short, medium, and long range passes towards goal right from his days in Nigeria with Enugu Rangers. Now, though, he is really in his late 20s or even early 30s and it may be too late. However, when we complain of lacking creative players in the middle, I scorn at it. Clearly, the scouting is piss poor.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they won't call him because he doesn't play in England.. That nah the norm for naija , bobo is just 26 years old ooo still has plenty of football
Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:56 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:23 pm
Sunset,

I just do not understand why this guy has not received an opportunity to compete for an SE shirt. I am truly mystified by this. He had shown his control and vision and his ability to make the short, medium, and long range passes towards goal right from his days in Nigeria with Enugu Rangers. Now, though, he is really in his late 20s or even early 30s and it may be too late. However, when we complain of lacking creative players in the middle, I scorn at it. Clearly, the scouting is piss poor.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

What about Torunarigha? Why hasn’t he been called up for the Afcon after he switched alliance to Nigeria?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pindal123 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:49 am What about Torunarigha? Why hasn’t he been called up for the Afcon after he switched alliance to Nigeria?
Bros,

Remember the Manager has seen him up close in SE training . The Manager must have taken that into consideration before selecting his squad. Squad isn't going to be selected just based on someone playing in a certain club or switching international commitment. The Manager is not a CE member and he actually evaluates players up close in traing!

We have seen a starter in Bundesliga who has been struggling playing for Nigeria after multiple opportunities. That should tell you that each individual must prove his worth in the GWG. Thus ain't table soccer.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Olawoyin scores his first goal of the new year against Fisayo Bashiru's team
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:16 am
pindal123 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:49 am What about Torunarigha? Why hasn’t he been called up for the Afcon after he switched alliance to Nigeria?
Bros,

Remember the Manager has seen him up close in SE training . The Manager must have taken that into consideration before selecting his squad. Squad isn't going to be selected just based on someone playing in a certain club or switching international commitment. The Manager is not a CE member and he actually evaluates players up close in traing!

We have seen a starter in Bundesliga who has been struggling playing for Nigeria after multiple opportunities. That should tell you that each individual must prove his worth in the GWG. Thus ain't table soccer.

Dude stop your rubbish talk. The same coach "scouted" Yusuf yet refused to call him until injury to Ndidi happened. These coaches and NFF officials are corrupt and biased. Jordan T would do a far better job than Ajayi heck some Home based defenders are better than some of the CBs we took.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:20 pm

FSB,Nwakali and Olawoyin are the kind of midfielders we are missing in the SEs AFCON team. Guys that can create and score goals. Instead that fat foolish Portuguese clown took only 5 midfielders and now the 1 Mid Yusuf that he kept ignoring is now the best of the bunch. Make it make sense??