We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:44 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:43 pm Some player named Akor Adam’s just joined Montpelier, don’t really know the player https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvpSD-Nv ... BiNWFlZA==
Kai! Basketballer fan… :lol:
You don’t know Akor who played for the Flying Eagles under Paul Aigbogun in the U20 WC 2019.
No clue :oops:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:43 pm Some player named Akor Adam’s just joined Montpelier, don’t really know the player https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvpSD-Nv ... BiNWFlZA==
You don’t know Akor who played for the Flying Eagles under Paul Aigbogun in the U20 WC 2019.
Make I no talk sha :rotf:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:04 pm
No clue :oops:
Of course you have no clue. Clueless Senegalese. :oops:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:12 am
Make I no talk sha :rotf:
You sure sey u know am? I no trust you :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:35 pm Samson Tijani came on at half-time for RB Salzburg versus Inter Milan in a 3-4 friendly game loss…

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Sunset wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:35 pm Samson Tijani came on at half-time for RB Salzburg versus Inter Milan in a 3-4 friendly game loss…

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm

According to Vancity he's "not ready"

Hopefully he watches this Samson's cameo highlight and see what a composed baller looks like, Samson Tidjani is overdue for a call up to the NT
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

On a sound note. This is something I respected Westerhof for. Besides inheriting older players like Keshi, Rufai, Eguavoen, Yekini, Siasia, Okafor, and Oliha. Within 3 years timeline (from 1990 to 1993). Westerhof was able to bring his own players like Ekpo, Elaho, Finidi, Amunike, Amokachi, Okocha, Oliseh, Ezeugo, Nwanu, Okechukwu , Iroha, Ikpeba in to the National team. I think this is one area Peseiro needs work on. He must not be too fixated with his Omeruo/Ajayi in defence, and Iwobi/Ndidi/Aribo in midfield, as well as Simon/Musa/Iheanacho in attack.

Prior to Westerhof coming our defence had the likes of Shofoluwe, Eboigbe, Omokaro as core players. In Algiers 90, Westerhof brought his men like Okechukwu and Iroha. Infact he made Okechukwu his defence minister. Upgraded Oliha to his main midfield player, subsequently brought in Adepoju, Oliseh, Ezeugo and Okocha to booster the midfield. All within 3 years. Even Keshi had to bring his Own Oboabona and Mba, etc. to do same.

Peseiro must not be too fixated with our national team, he should do his scouting. The talents are there. The likes of Akinsanmiro, Eletu, Tijani, Onyedika, etc. can all be given opportunity in order to make the midfield competitive.Same with defence.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Onyedika’s absence from the national team is baffling. Especially when one considers that he plays for a team that reached the knockout rounds of the Champions League last season, and that those picked instead of him are either reserves and/or constantly injured. Onyeka cannot stay injury free for the duration a TV programme.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

onovo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:48 pm On a sound note. This is something I respected Westerhof for. Besides inheriting older players like Keshi, Rufai, Eguavoen, Yekini, Siasia, Okafor, and Oliha. Within 3 years timeline (from 1990 to 1993). Westerhof was able to bring his own players like Ekpo, Elaho, Finidi, Amunike, Amokachi, Okocha, Oliseh, Ezeugo, Nwanu, Okechukwu , Iroha, Ikpeba in to the National team. I think this is one area Peseiro needs work on. He must not be too fixated with his Omeruo/Ajayi in defence, and Iwobi/Ndidi/Aribo in midfield, as well as Simon/Musa/Iheanacho in attack.

Prior to Westerhof coming our defence had the likes of Shofoluwe, Eboigbe, Omokaro as core players. In Algiers 90, Westerhof brought his men like Okechukwu and Iroha. Infact he made Okechukwu his defence minister. Upgraded Oliha to his main midfield player, subsequently brought in Adepoju, Oliseh, Ezeugo and Okocha to booster the midfield. All within 3 years. Even Keshi had to bring his Own Oboabona and Mba, etc. to do same.

Peseiro must not be too fixated with our national team, he should do his scouting. The talents are there. The likes of Akinsanmiro, Eletu, Tijani, Onyedika, etc. can all be given opportunity in order to make the midfield competitive.Same with defence.
Onyedika was given a chance by Peseiro though…doesn’t seem like he fancied his game..I’m also baffled by Yusuf Alhassan who hasn’t even been given a chance…The rest will hopefully get their chance in due time.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ibrahim Olawoyin (#10) finally makes his Super Lig debut

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Destiny Udogie made his debut for Spurs today against Brentford. Selected ahead of the far more experienced Ben Davies and Ivan Perisic (both of whom are internationals with World Cup experience).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:28 pm
onovo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:48 pm On a sound note. This is something I respected Westerhof for. Besides inheriting older players like Keshi, Rufai, Eguavoen, Yekini, Siasia, Okafor, and Oliha. Within 3 years timeline (from 1990 to 1993). Westerhof was able to bring his own players like Ekpo, Elaho, Finidi, Amunike, Amokachi, Okocha, Oliseh, Ezeugo, Nwanu, Okechukwu , Iroha, Ikpeba in to the National team. I think this is one area Peseiro needs work on. He must not be too fixated with his Omeruo/Ajayi in defence, and Iwobi/Ndidi/Aribo in midfield, as well as Simon/Musa/Iheanacho in attack.

Onyedika was given a chance by Peseiro though…doesn’t seem like he fancied his game..I’m also baffled by Yusuf Alhassan who hasn’t even been given a chance…The rest will hopefully get their chance in due time.
I’ve not been following Onyedika lately but those that have seem to think his form has dropped off after those initial months of exciting AM play for his club.
And VanCity wey no gree us hear word for here on Alhassan Yusuf has gone mysteriously quiet on the guy (Yusuf) after him don abuse coach taya.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:09 am

I’ve not been following Onyedika lately but those that have seem to think his form has dropped off after those initial months of exciting AM play for his club.
And VanCity wey no gree us hear word for here on Alhassan Yusuf has gone mysteriously quiet on the guy (Yusuf) after him don abuse coach taya.
Onyedika has been silently balling for Club brugge
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:42 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:09 am
onovo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:48 pm
Onyedika has been silently balling for Club brugge
I think our midfield is already sorted considering the potentials. If we can get Lesley who made his debut for Chelsea yesterday in the defensive midfield, hopefully Akinsanmiro and Eletu pulls through at Inter and AC Milan, coupled with other young players. Our midfield is likely to blister in next one to two years. Our major challenge is goalkeeper, there seems no potential at the moment
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Awaziem (CB) and Bruno (LB) both start for Boavista in their MD1 fixture vs Benfica
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:52 pm Awaziem (CB) and Bruno (LB) both start for Boavista in their MD1 fixture vs Benfica
They both played a huge role in defeating this Benfica side!! Awaziem composed as usual while it was Bruno's cross that lead to the first equalizer :clap: :clap: :clap:

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Bruno with an assist today. Also involved in the own goal.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Highlights of Nwakali's sublime performance yesterday, I can't think of a more cerebral player than this guy in our national team right now. I really hope he finds more stability in his career, he's our best deep lying playmaker after Mikel

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwOQYRos ... BiNWFlZA==
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:06 am Highlights of Nwakali's sublime performance yesterday, I can't think of a more cerebral player than this guy in our national team right now. I really hope he finds more stability in his career, he's our best deep lying playmaker after Mikel

Bruh is doing his thing...SE needs this!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:17 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:06 am Highlights of Nwakali's sublime performance yesterday, I can't think of a more cerebral player than this guy in our national team right now. I really hope he finds more stability in his career, he's our best deep lying playmaker after Mikel

I'm glad you're seeing what I'm seeing :clap:

Even Osimhen liked the video, I'm sure he knows what a good ball playing midfielder can offer him in that NT which we lack right now
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:02 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:17 am

I'm glad you're seeing what I'm seeing :clap:

Even Osimhen liked the video, I'm sure he knows what a good ball playing midfielder can offer him in that NT which we lack right now
Ol boy, it’s only a couple of us that’s been championing this kid o, I didn’t need this clip to know we don’t have someone that can provide the qualities that he can and he showed a bit of it at the last ANC. I’ve seen him do this against Real Madrid so I know he has it in him, I just don’t know what’s been happening with his club career. But regardless of that I’ve always said he can be useful to the SE. More so than all those other mechanical fringe midfielders that are mentioned here…The bobo has NT level passing ability which we can use, let’s put players around him that can cover up his other weaknesses like we did for Mikel…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Agreed ! Nwakali, Mikel and Oliseh are similar kind of player. It would be great if he can find his Mojo back !