UZOHO Reveals Breathe of Fresh Air Under Peseiro.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
UZOHO Reveals Breathe of Fresh Air Under Peseiro.....

Post by Enugu II »

“We’ll do great things under Peseiro” – Super Eagles star hails coach’s methods
https://soccernet.ng/2022/06/well-do-gr ... thods.html
Rilwan Balogun by Rilwan Balogun 5 hours ago

Super Eagles goalkeeper has said the team is going to excel under new coach Jose Peseiro

Francis Uzoho has said Nigeria is set to have a period of excellence under new coach.

The Omonia Nicosia goalkeeper said the new national team coach has given players great freedom to express themselves and that will help their confidence moving forward.

“We are enjoying freedom to express ourselves, to believe in ourselves and the coach brings a lot of confidence to the team. I think with him we are going to do great things,” Uzoho told ESPN.

Uzoho was in good spirits as Peseiro began his Super Eagles coaching career. He made a string of fine saves to keep the Super Eagles on a respectable level in both Grade A friendlies.

Peseiro is putting the player through their paces in Abuja as the Super Eagles prepare for the 2023 AFCON qualifiers against Sierra Leone and São Tomé and Principé.

Nigeria will face Sierra Leone on the 9th of June before travelling to São Tomé to face the island nation on the 13th of June.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UZOHO Reveals Breathe of Fresh Air Under Peseiro.....

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:31 am

Super Eagles goalkeeper has said the team is going to excel under new coach Jose Peseiro

Francis Uzoho has said Nigeria is set to have a period of excellence under new coach.

The Omonia Nicosia goalkeeper said the new national team coach has given players great freedom to express themselves and that will help their confidence moving forward.

“We are enjoying freedom to express ourselves, to believe in ourselves and the coach brings a lot of confidence to the team. I think with him we are going to do great things,” Uzoho told ESPN.

Uzoho was in good spirits as Peseiro began his Super Eagles coaching career. He made a string of fine saves to keep the Super Eagles on a respectable level in both Grade A friendlies.

Peseiro is putting the player through their paces in Abuja as the Super Eagles prepare for the 2023 AFCON qualifiers against Sierra Leone and São Tomé and Principé.

Nigeria will face Sierra Leone on the 9th of June before travelling to São Tomé to face the island nation on the 13th of June.
They said the same thing about games master Eguavoen! :lol:
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

It's the right thing to say and I'd be worried if the players said anything different at this point.
'Perereh' is a latin soul and it will show in everything he does. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Why do these journalist ask stupid questions! What else can a player say about a new manager?

The next two games will provide a better insight to future performances….. but let us not deceive ourselves he has started with two defeats (non competitive games) then he selects ten defenders & four midfielders to prosecute the next two games. This for me is not encouraging. I think 8 defenders would have been sufficient .

Amoo a player selected for the World Cup qualifiers could have been selected to beef up the midfield and Kelechi N. The two defenders I would have dropped would have been Awazien & Omeruo. Let’s see what happens on Thursday.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:28 am
Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:31 am

They said the same thing about games master Eguavoen! :lol:
KPOM. They will say same stuff about every new Manager in attempt to ingratiate. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

I think Peseiro is a good manager, but his 4-4-2 is quite obsolete.
He must absolutely shift to a 4-3-3.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Flex Swift wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:19 pm Why do these journalist ask stupid questions! What else can a player say about a new manager?

The next two games will provide a better insight to future performances….. but let us not deceive ourselves he has started with two defeats (non competitive games) then he selects ten defenders & four midfielders to prosecute the next two games. This for me is not encouraging. I think 8 defenders would have been sufficient .

Amoo a player selected for the World Cup qualifiers could have been selected to beef up the midfield and Kelechi N. The two defenders I would have dropped would have been Awazien & Omeruo. Let’s see what happens on Thursday.
Amoo has been injured
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pindal123 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:14 pm I think Peseiro is a good manager, but his 4-4-2 is quite obsolete.
pindal123,

There is no such thing as stating that a 4-4-2 is dead. You play to your strength. You may argue that fewer teams now use the 4-4-2. That would be correct but given the fact that Nigeria is frail defensively and has a plethora of strikers, the 4-4-2 may actually be a preferred formation but the reality is that even in this game, rarely does a team get dead set on one formation even in 90 minutes of play. Teams vary formations, going forward or defending or attempting to take advantage of the opponent. Thus, I assume we are discussing a base formation ONLY. In such a case, there is nothing wrong starting with a 4-4-2 or even 4-3-1-2 depending on the opponent.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Make una win first naa... :roll:
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Link: https://www.completesports.com/eagles-w ... iro-uzoho/

"Eagles Will Excel Under Peseiro –Uzoho"
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

This is the honeymoon period. Hopefully the optimism lasts
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:41 pm
pindal123 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:14 pm I think Peseiro is a good manager, but his 4-4-2 is quite obsolete.
pindal123,

There is no such thing as stating that a 4-4-2 is dead. You play to your strength. You may argue that fewer teams now use the 4-4-2. That would be correct but given the fact that Nigeria is frail defensively and has a plethora of strikers, the 4-4-2 may actually be a preferred formation but the reality is that even in this game, rarely does a team get dead set on one formation even in 90 minutes of play. Teams vary formations, going forward or defending or attempting to take advantage of the opponent. Thus, I assume we are discussing a base formation ONLY. In such a case, there is nothing wrong starting with a 4-4-2 or even 4-3-1-2 depending on the opponent.
Kpom

My view on 442 changed after watching Canada play it to devastating effect.

It's all about player movement on and off the ball, and if the players are static and staying to their "positions" any formation will be poor.

We have a ton of strikers with different attributes so a 442 is an option. A little worried about who our 2 Central midfielders would be, and guys like Simon and even Chuks may be poor playing even further away from goal.

I think a 352 is still a decent formation given our players.

But the 442 deployed by Peseiro was pretty effective in both friendly matches. We created tons of chances and were never really overrun in midfield.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:23 am It's the right thing to say and I'd be worried if the players said anything different at this point.
'Perereh' is a latin soul and it will show in everything he does. :thumb:
Exactly! At this point, there is nothing to say, except what Uzoho said.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:41 pm There is no such thing as stating that a 4-4-2 is dead. You play to your strength. You may argue that fewer teams now use the 4-4-2. That would be correct but given the fact that Nigeria is frail defensively and has a plethora of strikers, the 4-4-2 may actually be a preferred formation but the reality is that even in this game, rarely does a team get dead set on one formation even in 90 minutes of play. Teams vary formations, going forward or defending or attempting to take advantage of the opponent. Thus, I assume we are discussing a base formation ONLY. In such a case, there is nothing wrong starting with a 4-4-2 or even 4-3-1-2 depending on the opponent.
I think also that the formation should change depending on the opponent.
But Peseiro is making of the 4-4-2 our main formation, and i think that the 4-4-2 can work with a physically strong team, like Sweden for exemple. But considered that we don’t have such physical predominance, and if our aim is a fluid game, we should use as base formation the 4-3-3.
Last edited by pindal123 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

We are playing Egu formation. Shebi he is still the Technical Director? Lol
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:22 am We are playing Egu formation. Shebi he is still the Technical Director? Lol
Yep…continued from Mr. **** though…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Uzoho needs to sharap! He’s lucky I’m not the FIFA president. I will change goals like the one he conceded against Ghana to an own goal. No way I’m giving credit to Partey for what should’ve been a routine save. I’m still hurting y’all 😞
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:28 am
packerland wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:22 am We are playing Egu formation. Shebi he is still the Technical Director? Lol
You don’t want to say his name? 😂 😂
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Sunset wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:36 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:19 pm Why do these journalist ask stupid questions! What else can a player say about a new manager?

Amoo has been injured
Thank you I wasn’t aware he was injured. I still think the team has too many defenders and more midfielders should have been selected
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:06 am
Oh, you didn’t know?
All the Rohr haters are dyslexic.
It’s been a long standing problem. :D
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:50 am
Oh, you didn’t know?
Damunk

It is harsh to brand a tale on a Manager's performance as hate. I doubt that anyone gates Rohr as a person. Neither was he appointed manager for life. Ut is strictly about performance. Many on CE including those you brand as haters praised Rohr for his great run towards WCQ of 2018 strictly based on the performance. Same persons asked for his sack based on the poor run afterwards that included a shock home loss to CAR.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:51 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:50 am
Oh, you didn’t know?
Damunk

It is harsh to brand a tale on a Manager's performance as hate. I doubt that anyone gates Rohr as a person. Neither was he appointed manager for life. Ut is strictly about performance. Many on CE including those you brand as haters praised Rohr for his great run towards WCQ of 2018 strictly based on the performance. Same persons asked for his sack based on the poor run afterwards that included a shock home loss to CAR.
Prof, ‘hater’ is a CE colloquialism, just like ‘Shriner’.
Having said that, there is available evidence to show that many still do not wish the man well, even long after he has left.
You always surprise me when you say things as if you are unaware of what goes on in these parts. :rotf: