I wish every super eagle player has the intelligence of Baba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

sarkin doya wrote:ziontrain: how far in a string of plays do we go to assign blame
on someone for a goal?

Baba may have backed off .... but his error was secondary to
the fact that Yobo gave Hadji all that space. If we are to
assign blame, it would go to Yobo ... who otherwise had
a decent match.

Credit to Hadji on his well placed shot.
Brother, you evidently haven't been watching chelsea games... I've seen baba last EPL season back off one too many times for crosses that directly lead to multiple goals from the likes of Beckham & Geremi...
Last edited by green4life on Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Anyway fashi the Wayne bridge argument..go argue with Ranieri..But Babayaro is pretty much up there as far as nigeria goes..but I still blame him all day for the goal. He gave that guy too much space fro crying out loud.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Our football will be in serious trouble if some guys who comment on this forum are put in charge.

Can't believe this comparison !!!!!!!.

Shows the various prisms thro' which Naija footballers are evaluated.

But P-L-E-A-S-E LET'S LEAVE NEPOTISM ASIDE and stop comparing oranges and mangoes.

There is no world class football coach who will pick Udeze before Babayaro either as a wing back or left midfielder.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

sarkin doya wrote:ziontrain: how far in a string of plays do we go to assign blame
on someone for a goal?

Baba may have backed off .... but his error was secondary to
the fact that Yobo gave Hadji all that space. If we are to
assign blame, it would go to Yobo ... who otherwise had
Baba gave the guy all day and then some. if he didn't cause the goal by himself - it is a team game yes - he certainly has a solid share of ownership

Elementary School Mistake # 1) Yobo totally absent in the box
Elementary School Mistake # 2) Babayaro doing ZERO to stop the ball
Elementaty School Mistake # 3) There are two midfielders in the beginingof the play who simply watched a Moroccan cut right though from half way line before the ball went to the wing- watch the tape

The first thing you teach kids in a ball sport is that team defense begins with ball pressure. On that count, Baba is no less STUPID than the rest of the team. I see no evidence that he rises above the SE mediocrity there. None whatsoever - almost all show very little urgency.

But worse still, this is something that Baba should have learned by now! If you want to tell me how "intelligent" Baba is - kindly state what kind of intelligence is shown by repeating the SAME MISTAKE he made when Ortega raped him at WC '02. The same mistake he makes all-the-time?

That mutha is dumb as rock in my book.....

What was true going back to ANC '02 nd WC' 02 remains so - the only guys on the team whe show a burning desire to win and to prove somehting are JAG and Udeze. There rest are cruising around like they're playing a game of Golf.

I'd consider adding Seyi in with the above two, but frankly he needs to put himself about more - not that he doesn't work hard already, but he's capable of far, far more. He's only scratching the surface of his physicl and mental ability - and therefore he's not laying it all out there on the line.
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

Ziontrain wrote:That winger did not have the speed to get open for a cross by running at Baba from 5 yards out, beating him AND then crossing, in that space there. If he did, then that would mean Baba was on cruches - which he wasn't

Some of ya'll dont know the first thing about football.....

Team defense rule # 1: PUT PRESSURE ON THE BALL. Otherwise the opponent has all the time in the world to look up see runs off the ball, to make decisions and just plain pick you apart. You MUST pressure the ball.

Well and eloquently spoken!!!

Goes for every damn sport I know of, not even just football alone. If a PROFESSIONAL footballer cannot sort that one out - please get his #$% off the field ASAP. He's lucky he wasn't playing with the likes of Peter Schemeichel - he and that lazy CD marking Hadji would have had their #$% on platter right there on the field.....

Udeze has his faults - but at least you know he wont be sitting out there whistling and having a ham sandwich - while the winger is deciding exactly which blade of grass he should place the cross on top of. I'll take the kid any day!!
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
iyerebee
Egg
Egg

Post by iyerebee »

Baba is good and intelligent, but Udeze suits the SE style more IMO
khalela

Post by khalela »

shaq wrote:Some people just think football is all about gra-gra.
Baba is an intelligent player, and he is way ahead of Udeze. The truth of the matter... 8)
Abi.Watch Rio's kind of defence or the French-Thuram and Lizerazu;or even the dreaded Italians defence. Rarely do you see Maldini and his mates kill themselves with gra-gra. It is intelligence that works it finally.
That is not to say that Baba did not make a mistake but hey,we see the best make mistakes every day. Maldini made almost the same kind of mistake against South Korea but then his intelligence was never in doubt.
I take Cele ahead of Udeze any day. Refined skill to gra-gra.