Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:24 am I normally do not see your posts as I blocked you. I made the mistake of overriding the block to view this post.

You are truy a silly b1tch. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Brianless old men thinking that someone who does not even know you exist in real life gives a fook about whether you block me or block your life. :lol: :lol: What are you? 12? Get the fook out of here! DumbOne!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:19 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:24 am I normally do not see your posts as I blocked you. I made the mistake of overriding the block to view this post.

You are truy a silly b1tch. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Brianless old men thinking that someone who does not even know you exist in real life gives a fook about whether you block me or block your life. :lol: :lol: What are you? 12? Get the fook out of here! DumbOne!
oboy the thing weak me oo, a grown man who comes to the internet on a football forum, gets so worked up and goes around blocking people, this shows there are really folks who like to talk, but once the spot light is on them exposing their limited brain work, they cannot handle it and get all sensitive.. the audacity to even beat his chest saying he blocked someone , as if he pays to feed, cloth, educate the person..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:48 am Don't mind them, it's obvious what you meant.
Dem wan mug you. :D
Last year is different from last season.

Fulham was playing in the Championship in 2022. The latest scientific research has shown that 2022 was last year (as I said in my original post).

I also added a link from the Premier League's official website which confirms Fulham's promotion date.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2567479

I think I will go back to not seeing your posts. Status quote restored.

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:47 am
wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 am They were also in the Championship last year. A newly promoted English club is taking players from the biggest club in Holland.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:00 am
Fulham was on the EPL last season and actually did quite well.
No need to tell lies.
come damunk, you know he goofed there and then tried to play it off because seasons overlap to the following year.
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:41 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:48 am Don't mind them, it's obvious what you meant.

Fulham was playing in the Championship in 2022. The latest scientific research has shown that 2022 was last year (as I said in my original post).

I also added a link from the Premier League's official website which confirms Fulham's promotion date.

wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 am They were also in the Championship last year. A newly promoted English club is taking players from the biggest club in Holland.
No need to tell lies.
come damunk, you know he goofed there and then tried to play it off because seasons overlap to the following year.
Were they in the Championship last year or not? Simple.
Don't lie.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:42 am Thank you.

Did you notice that when he quoted my post, he slyly edited out the part where I typed "Fulham was promoted in 2022" - so as to try to change the meaning of my post?

People that nefarious/who can deliberately try to con others like that are deplorable brethren of the 419 crew.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no be today that one start. why do you people waste your time with #wastedschoolfees? :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:40 pm

No need to tell lies.
Don't lie.
When Hilary coined the phrase "Basket of deplorables" she was referring to those two.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Bassey was severely criticised last seasons by several Ajax veterans and commentators. Whilst this criticism are genuine and calls for concern. I have a feeling that this is due to the defensive role he was given. Bassey was played as a Centre Back (CB) in Ajax which was overwhelming to him, despite been a Left Full Back (FB) who claims he can play all role in the defence. Defensive mistakes are most costly and pronounced in CB compared to FB, as a result CB mistakes are more goal bound compared to FB, as FB in most cases would have CB covering for their defensive shortcomings. Thus playing a CB position requires extreme calculation, thoroughness, caution, and clinical in tackles, etc. These skills mostly come with experience over time. This why in most cases CB are mostly compose of older defenders compared to FB which are relatively younger. FB on the other hand are expected to support the teams attack beside defensive duties, agility and youthfulness could be an advantage there.

Ajax is a Champions league team (Big Club) and have handed Bassey a CB position, besides having an expectation to win the Eredivisie, they played big clubs like Napoli, Liverpool, etc. and was expecting a decent result. The burden of the defence duty was on Bassey whom in my honest was handling a role that was too big for him as his defensive shortcomings was brutally exposed. Should he had played the left back (FB) position, I believe it would have been lots easier for him to settle there due to his youthfulness and he would have improve on his defensive duties by learning from other experience defenders at lesser pressure of defensive responsibility. This is how Sergio Ramos, David Alaba, etc. started. These guys started as FB before been moved to CB. Hopefully in Bassey's future endeavours he should go back to his FB position to develop himself first before considering to switch to CB.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:09 pm

No need to tell lies.
Don't lie.
When Hilary coined the phrase "Basket of deplorables" she was referring to those two.
When Hilary coined the phrase "Super Predators," she was referring to those African American men who defiled you :rotf: :rotf: You will soon confess why you wore diapers under your Aba-made Okfrika wedding suit. :rotf: leaky leaky bom bom.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:09 pm

No need to tell lies.
Don't lie.
When Hilary coined the phrase "Super Predators," she was referring to those African American men who defiled you :rotf: :rotf: You will soon confess why you wore diapers under your Aba-made Okfrika wedding suit. :rotf: leaky leaky bom bom.
Why does every "insult" you make have to be about sexual exploitation, rape and gay disgusting jokes? Do you have a bizarre fantasy for sexual depravity? Danfo you really need to cut this sh*t out honestly, there's a pattern to you and it doesn't look good at all.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:34 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:09 pm

Don't lie.
Why does every "insult" you make have to be about sexual exploitation, rape and gay disgusting jokes? Do you have a bizarre fantasy for sexual depravity? Danfo you really need to cut this sh*t out honestly, there's a pattern to you and it doesn't look good at all.
why do you always attack danfo? You chose to ignore the gay rants from packerball, , but nah danfo own you get power to challenge..haba .. stop picking sides and call out packered
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bassey signs with Fulham
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

onovo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:55 pm Bassey was severely criticised last seasons by several Ajax veterans and commentators. Whilst this criticism are genuine and calls for concern. I have a feeling that this is due to the defensive role he was given. Bassey was played as a Centre Back (CB) in Ajax which was overwhelming to him, despite been a Left Full Back (FB) who claims he can play all role in the defence. Defensive mistakes are most costly and pronounced in CB compared to FB, as a result CB mistakes are more goal bound compared to FB, as FB in most cases would have CB covering for their defensive shortcomings. Thus playing a CB position requires extreme calculation, thoroughness, caution, and clinical in tackles, etc. These skills mostly come with experience over time. This why in most cases CB are mostly compose of older defenders compared to FB which are relatively younger. FB on the other hand are expected to support the teams attack beside defensive duties, agility and youthfulness could be an advantage there.

Ajax is a Champions league team (Big Club) and have handed Bassey a CB position, besides having an expectation to win the Eredivisie, they played big clubs like Napoli, Liverpool, etc. and was expecting a decent result. The burden of the defence duty was on Bassey whom in my honest was handling a role that was too big for him as his defensive shortcomings was brutally exposed. Should he had played the left back (FB) position, I believe it would have been lots easier for him to settle there due to his youthfulness and he would have improve on his defensive duties by learning from other experience defenders at lesser pressure of defensive responsibility. This is how Sergio Ramos, David Alaba, etc. started. These guys started as FB before been moved to CB. Hopefully in Bassey's future endeavours he should go back to his FB position to develop himself first before considering to switch to CB.

:agree:
ONOVO, ONOVO, ONOVO
How many times i call your name ?
I SALUTE YOU.
TRuly You KNow Football , Tactically, Intellectualy and Positioning.
There a very few here that have the knowledge.
A true pleasere to read this Master piece which is Totally On Point

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank You
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Is there nothing that won’t lead to a spat on CE.
This is becoming ridiculous …
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:25 pm Is there nothing that won’t lead to a spat on CE.
This is becoming ridiculous …
Who are the common culprits?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

blueangel wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:02 pm
onovo wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:55 pm Bassey was severely criticised last seasons by several Ajax veterans and commentators. Whilst this criticism are genuine and calls for concern. I have a feeling that this is due to the defensive role he was given. Bassey was played as a Centre Back (CB) in Ajax which was overwhelming to him, despite been a Left Full Back (FB) who claims he can play all role in the defence. Defensive mistakes are most costly and pronounced in CB compared to FB, as a result CB mistakes are more goal bound compared to FB, as FB in most cases would have CB covering for their defensive shortcomings. Thus playing a CB position requires extreme calculation, thoroughness, caution, and clinical in tackles, etc. These skills mostly come with experience over time. This why in most cases CB are mostly compose of older defenders compared to FB which are relatively younger. FB on the other hand are expected to support the teams attack beside defensive duties, agility and youthfulness could be an advantage there.

ONOVO, ONOVO, ONOVO
I SALUTE YOU.

Thank You
Bassey was purchased to cover the LCB position for Fulham, they identified
Bassey and Salisu ( ghana from SOU) . I agree Bassey has concentration issues and he needs to work on that or focus on being a LWB
SuperEagles

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

blueangel wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:02 pm

ONOVO, ONOVO, ONOVO
I SALUTE YOU.

Thank You
I greet you boss :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:32 pm

A decent team in France for now would have been better for this lad's development, he needs to build his confidence and learn the technicality of the game. I pray he doesn't get consumed with this relegation bound premiership team and become just like an ordinary/any player other we have had in our national team. I wish good luck on his decision.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

To the boy’s credit, he wanted to stay in Ajax and fight for his place but the new coach didn’t give him that opportunity.So he’s on his way to join the Fulham squad in the US, where he will have his medicals.
He was scapegoated for a poor season by Ajax and the criticism was mostly unjustified.
The team didn’t improve when he was left out, and the likes of Timber and Blind made more mistakes than him but didn’t suffer the level of criticism because they are Dutch.
One of the criticisms was that he couldn’t pass the ball! Can you believe that?
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:04 pm To the boy’s credit, he wanted to stay in Ajax and fight for his place but the new coach didn’t give him that opportunity.So he’s on his way to join the Fulham squad in the US, where he will have his medicals.
He was scapegoated for a poor season by Ajax and the criticism was mostly unjustified.
The team didn’t improve when he was left out, and the likes of Timber and Blind made more mistakes than him but didn’t suffer the level of criticism because they are Dutch.
Fulham will be a perfect environment for him anyway, Marco Silva is a top manager and Bassey will thrive under his system
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:04 pm To the boy’s credit, he wanted to stay in Ajax and fight for his place but the new coach didn’t give him that opportunity.So he’s on his way to join the Fulham squad in the US, where he will have his medicals.
It’s funny how they pointed the finger solely on Bassey and yet some of the other culprits are no longer at Ajax. Timber got sold and Blind got released & the coach got let go. Johnny Heitinga was out of his league coaching Ajax to one of their worst finish in a long time.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cant wait to watch Bassey in the EPL. :clap: :clap: :clap: More exposure in a team that is defensively responsible.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

I understand your point. But truth be told Bassey can be clumsy sometimes possibly due to loss of concentration. Some of the criticism are valid and should be taken seriously. At his level of exposure and experience I don't think he is ready for a CB position particularly at top football level. A position of FB is most likely suitable for him. CB are mainly suitable for older and experienced defenders, and they get better with age just like goalkeepers. CB forms most of the great captains/skippers. e.g. Chukwu, Keshi, Okechukwu, Yobo, Puyol, Ramos, Song, Baresi, Maldini, Terry, Ferdinard, Pepe, etc. Bassey for now doesn't strike me like someone whom is prepared to take a leading/responsibility role in the defence line. All three Nations Cup we won had CB as the captain. This tells you how CB takes responsibility.