“If Nigeria want me , we can talk” - Torunarigha

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
“If Nigeria want me , we can talk” - Torunarigha

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... er-eagles/

Would you take him? Obviously, time has ran out on his Germany aspirations and he might have come to terms with his fate and realized that the only German shirt he’ll wear is the one he buys. However, he is a very good CD that’ll add depth to SE, we do not have a LCB with his experience and quality yet. I no go lie, I will swallow my pride and invite him to SE. Maybe give him the Akpoguma treatment and make him sit on the bench for 5 games before debuting him vs CAR away. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: “If Nigeria want me , we can talk” - Torunarigha

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:20 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... er-eagles/

Would you take him? Obviously, time has ran out on his Germany aspirations and he might have come to terms with his fate and realized that the only German shirt he’ll wear is the one he buys. However, he is a very good CD that’ll add depth to SE, we do not have a LCB with his experience and quality yet. I no go lie, I will swallow my pride and invite him to SE. Maybe give him the Akpoguma treatment and make him sit on the bench for 5 games before debuting him vs CAR away. :laugh:
Emir

He is eligible, not so? I will take him in a heartbeat if the Manager thinks he is good enough for the team. It should be that simple.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:35 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:20 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... er-eagles/

Emir

He is eligible, not so? I will take him in a heartbeat if the Manager thinks he is good enough for the team. It should be that simple.
He is eligible and very good. He and his Papa ruthlessly turned us down in past when we went begging , his dad even said his son would never play for Nigeria at time even though his dad is former Nigerian international. Imho, it was embarrassing . Not because he turned us down but because his dad, a former SE player,one of us, turned against us without reservation. I’d still welcome him to SE with open arms.

With Bassey, Torunarigha and Zaidu, our LCB/LB position will be set for yrs to come. You’ll remember that we suffered for yrs after Cele Baba retired, Echiejele was decent but no way near the options we have now.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Emir

Kpom!
You grab what you can, when you can.
If Ghana excel at the WC in November, nobody is going to remember that half of their starting eleven didn’t even feature in their qualification games or were even denying their Ghanaian citizenship until they qualified.
All that wan na sentiment.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

After his unruly father insulted us because they thought Germany wanted him?? All of a sudden, his career collapses and he needs Nigeria, but alas he was born abroad, so the quack monkey doctor is saying "hell yea!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Emir

when last did you watch him play?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

This is a great new! Torunarigha is a great defender! We must cap him as soon as possible!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Emir

Danfo

I have not paid any particular attention to him but that really is not necessary. What matters is if the Manager feels he can help Nigeria at this time. In my view, holding grudges will not get us anywhere. If the lad is good in the eyes of the current manager then the manager should extend an invitation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Emir

Danfo

I have not paid any particular attention to him but that really is not necessary. What matters is if the Manager feels he can help Nigeria at this time. In my view, holding grudges will not get us anywhere. If the lad is good in the eyes of the current manager then the manager should extend an invitation.
It isnt? Really? If he was a homebased player that no one has watched in 2 years and he was called to be in the national team, would that be okay as well?

No one is holding grudges here. All I asked you was when last you watched him. Although its funny how one side isnt supposed to hold grudges, but its okay for the other side to openly insult us, with his trash father running around the whole place spitting on us.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

International career
In May 2018, after representing Germany at youth international level, he turned down the opportunity to represent Nigeria.[
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am with danfo on this one.. didn't Hertha Berlin send him out on loan to Belgium? hmmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:scared: you dey find trouble o. :shock:
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm After his unruly father insulted us because they thought Germany wanted him?? All of a sudden, his career collapses and he needs Nigeria, but alas he was born abroad, so the quack monkey doctor is saying "hell yea!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

asabatex wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:14 pm :scared: you dey find trouble o. :shock:
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm After his unruly father insulted us because they thought Germany wanted him?? All of a sudden, his career collapses and he needs Nigeria, but alas he was born abroad, so the quack monkey doctor is saying "hell yea!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He's always looking for my attention.
Him and his pork pie-loving sidekick.
Always together. :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

I'll take Ozornwafor over him
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:28 pm

Not saying we should beg Jordan but how many games has Ozornwafor played for the senior team for you to say that? We keep hearing about Ozonrwafor & Ndah but the coaches ain’t giving them a chance.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The one who now plays in French 2nd division ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:53 pm

VE

Is Ozonwafor equivalent to his club? Bros, it is the individual and not the team that receives invitation to play for Super Eagles. According to your logic, all Watford players who play for Nigeria should now be ignored because Watford is relegated. Not so? The logic is missing.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

We will ALWAYS take our kids...

Whenever they decide to come home.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:13 pm
It isnt? Really? If he was a homebased player that no one has watched in 2 years and he was called to be in the national team, would that be okay as well?

No one is holding grudges here. All I asked you was when last you watched him. Although its funny how one side isnt supposed to hold grudges, but its okay for the other side to openly insult us, with his trash father running around the whole place spitting on us.
If he has a valuable skillset that we need, why not?

People do grow and have a change of heart... yes, sometimes, circumstances do play a role.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Guys, just a quick question...

Is Monkey Doctor the guy name form of Damunkey?

That's all I got from this thread. Everything else is bullshiat. Should he be the one approaching and begging Nigeria?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:53 pm

Now? This is news to me... But he's the one who played in the Belgian Pro League last season, the same league Torunarigha played in on a loan from a Bundesliga side.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

He should ring Pinnick and declare his willingness to switch. Not do it in the press. We are not a club looking to sign players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We all want pull the "we don't want him" shakara/macho move, but deep down our defence situation is so dire that we can't afford not to stay rational and humble about this one... :taunt: