This is Nigeria's new kit??!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: This is Nigeria's new kit??!

Post by 1naija »

We need a steady Jersey for Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:14 am
wiseone wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:27 am
From a strictly design perspective, I love both designs. But I still strongly feel that dark colours including green put players and teams at a subliminal disadvantage.
We just need statistically significant figures to prove it.

Just from this last AFCON alone, the figures are striking.
I’ve compared results of teams in green playing teams in white.
Will post them once I’ve had the time to format.

But I really like these designs.
But isn’t green traditionally our home kit while white is our away kit?
Seems they’ve got it twisted, unless the policy has changed.
Damunk,

You have been working on this for some time and many, including myself, are interested in your findings. Your argument on the impact of the colors make sense and is logical. What you need is to provide the data to support it. In fact, if the data is significant, it is certainly something that the NFF authorities should look into going towards the future. I encourage you to complete the work and put up the result with the supporting argument.
I hear you Prof.
Na time.
I will put up the AFCON findings by the weekend.
Remember I compiled results of the SE performances in their white vs green jerseys starting from when they first began using the Nike jersey up until about a year before Rohr was sacked. That now needs updating, but the AFCON ‘24 was an easy and quick opportunity to look at the subject matter on a wider scale.
A number of forum members here thought it was all about excuses for SE’s bad performances or excuses for Rohr. They were no doubt the ‘intellectually incurious’ and couldn’t see beyond “superstition” and “sentiment”.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I will share the findings, and the whole point is whether they are of significance or not. I am more interested in that angle and any possible insights rather than the lazy ones that dismiss anything that requires even a limited amount of thought.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 pm
From a strictly design perspective, I love both designs. But I still strongly feel that dark colours including green put players and teams at a subliminal disadvantage.

Damunk,

You have been working on this for some time and many, including myself, are interested in your findings. Your argument on the impact of the colors make sense and is logical. What you need is to provide the data to support it. In fact, if the data is significant, it is certainly something that the NFF authorities should look into going towards the future. I encourage you to complete the work and put up the result with the supporting argument.
I hear you Prof.
Na time.
Remember I compiled results of the SE performances in their white vs green jerseys starting from when they first began using the Nike jersey up until about a year before Rohr was sacked. That now needs updating, but the AFCON ‘24 was an easy and quick opportunity to look at the subject matter on a wider scale.
A number of forum members here thought it was all about excuses for SE’s bad performances or excuses for Rohr. They were no doubt the ‘intellectually incurious’ and couldn’t see beyond “superstition” and “sentiment”.

I will share the findings, and the whole point is whether they are of significance or not. I am more interested in that angle and any possible insights rather than the lazy ones that dismiss anything that requires even a limited amount of thought.
Doc, I buy into your theory/thesis. I believe there are scientific papers on it.
Psychologically, there's a lot can be said about peripheral vision and colors that allow you to pick out your teammates when decisions are made in milliseconds...

I believe I read somewhere but can't quite find it about the rationale behind Nike giving us the fluorescent green color jersey back in 2002.

I would love to read reports on mental acuity, decision-making, fatigue and even getting calls based on jersey color or the perception of aggression attributed to jersey color.

Some of the things we attribute as 'random' are not actually 'random'... just that it might not be statistically significant. The investment in analytics in sports used to be laughed at. Not anymore.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 pm

Damunk,

I hear you Prof.
Na time.

I will share the findings and the whole point is whether they are of significance or not. I am more interested in that angle and any possible insights rather than the lazy ones that dismiss anything that requires even a limited amount of thought.
Doc, I buy into your theory/thesis. I believe there are scientific papers on it.
Psychologically, there's a lot can be said about peripheral vision and colors that allow you to pick out your teammates when decisions are made in milliseconds...

I believe I read somewhere but can't quite find it about the rationale behind Nike giving us the fluorescent green color jersey back in 2002.

I would love to read reports on mental acuity, decision-making, fatigue and even getting calls based on jersey color or the perception of aggression attributed to jersey color.

Some of the things we attribute as 'random' are not actually 'random'... just that it might not be statistically significant. The investment in analytics in sports used to be laughed at. Not anymore.
That would be VERY interesting!
Thanks.
It's worth enquiring about. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:18 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:54 am Interesting choice with the box collar on the away kit.
I assume you’re referring to the white jersey with the square neckline? That is actually the home jersey. They swapped our traditional home green with white.
I see.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.