Why does Nigeria find it so difficult to qualify for the World Cup?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why does Nigeria find it so difficult to qualify for the World Cup?

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

With over 200 million souls well fed on a diet of rice, yam, beans, potatoes, cassava, plantain and good ole bushmeat, Naija cannot qualify for the FIFA World cup finals? They have the resources and the money to boot! Surprisingly enough, during the days of Gen. Sani Abacha, they played at their peak.

Naija supporter when Ghana did it's thang! :taunt:
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why does Nigeria find it so difficult to qualify for the World Cup?

Post by jette1 »

It’s also good to let Minos like Kenya and others have a taste. We don’t want to be selfish
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I am ignoring you, Otuoma Ogolo. Ignoring you.

Wha choo looking at?!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:28 am With over 200 million souls well fed on a diet of rice, yam, beans, potatoes, cassava, plantain and good ole bushmeat, Naija cannot qualify for the FIFA World cup finals? They have the resources and the money to boot! Surprisingly enough, during the days of Gen. Sani Abacha, they played at their peak.

my brother, why do you dey ask this question when you know the answer? corruption is like a virus affecting our football like any other sector in Nigeria.
thanks
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:28 am With over 200 million souls well fed on a diet of rice, yam, beans, potatoes, cassava, plantain and good ole bushmeat, Naija cannot qualify for the FIFA World cup finals? They have the resources and the money to boot! Surprisingly enough, during the days of Gen. Sani Abacha, they played at their peak.

Unlike Kenya, abi?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

delisyomie don wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:11 pm

my brother, why do you dey ask this question when you know the answer? corruption is like a virus affecting our football like any other sector in Nigeria.
I feel your pain. Very sad. We have been there before.
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The question, although from a nonsensical point of view and driven by angry feelings towards Chinedus, is a valid one. We have always struggled to qualify for the WC with the exception of 2018 WC when uncle Rohr helped us breeze to qualification.

BTW , here is Chinedu Kamaru with Kenya's most prized possession. That angry Kenya guy will blow a gasket for this.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:41 am It’s also good to let Minos like Kenya and others have a taste. We don’t want to be selfish
Hmm! I think this is a very good response to Field Marshal, Ogolo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:53 pm I am ignoring you, Otuoma Ogolo. Ignoring you.
Nope! You didn't ignore him, you responded 🙂 🙂
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Na punishment from the almighty
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol:

Giant of Africa

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: