EAGLES CAN DO BETTER THAN MOROCCO - NFF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
EAGLES CAN DO BETTER THAN MOROCCO - NFF

Post by jette1 »

Oya make we hear it, how?
For me na the comments; I can stop laughing. One says; DR hohammed sanusi you need to consult your doctor for proper medical check up.
Social media yabbing for naija na no one in the world
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmJCzrhtDRj ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EAGLES CAN DO BETTER THAN MOROCCO - NFF

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

When? Read the story of how Morocco developed its football by focusing on facilities, talent and qualified personnel here https://businessday.ng/news/article/how ... p-odyssey/

Nigeria hasn’t invested 1 kobo or developed any serious plan to do better other than talking and praying as though God only answers prayers from Nigerians.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

In mouth Olympics maybe mschew…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bunch of brainless clowns, we're better off hiring competent foreigners to run our FA than this bunch of clowns.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No be for mouth ooo.. but with proper planning and preparations, along with some good luck, anything is possible🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I see nothing wrong with having this mindset. Instead we have Nigerians and their negative energy laughing at him . Smh..who needs enemies of progress with Nigerians on CE like those above
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is not the only tournament Morocco has played since this great investment in facilities, talent, and personnel. I told you guys the goalkeeper cannot be spectacular in every game. Without the goalkeeper Morocco would have lost to Spain or Portugal. They had that many clear chances despite this great talent and personnel development you mentioned above. I think the did very well at this world cup, but AFCON is coming up next year. If they dont win it, then all these investment would have amounted to nothing.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:42 am When? Read the story of how Morocco developed its football by focusing on facilities, talent and qualified personnel here https://businessday.ng/news/article/how ... p-odyssey/

Nigeria hasn’t invested 1 kobo or developed any serious plan to do better other than talking and praying as though God only answers prayers from Nigerians.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

1naija wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:16 am This is not the only tournament Morocco has played since this great investment in facilities, talent, and personnel. I told you guys the goalkeeper cannot be spectacular in every game. Without the goalkeeper Morocco would have lost to Spain or Portugal. They had that many clear chances despite this great talent and personnel development you mentioned above. I think the did very well at this world cup, but AFCON is coming up next year. If they dont win it, then all these investment would have amounted to nothing.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:42 am When? Read the story of how Morocco developed its football by focusing on facilities, talent and qualified personnel here https://businessday.ng/news/article/how ... p-odyssey/

Like it or not, the investment has paid off. First African team to reach the semifinals.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

So is your money on Morocco to win the next Nations Cup?
Synopsis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:56 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:16 am This is not the only tournament Morocco has played since this great investment in facilities, talent, and personnel. I told you guys the goalkeeper cannot be spectacular in every game. Without the goalkeeper Morocco would have lost to Spain or Portugal. They had that many clear chances despite this great talent and personnel development you mentioned above. I think the did very well at this world cup, but AFCON is coming up next year. If they dont win it, then all these investment would have amounted to nothing.

Like it or not, the investment has paid off. First African team to reach the semifinals.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

So is your money on Morocco to win the next Nations Cup?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

nanijoe wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:51 pm So is your money on Morocco to win the next Nations Cup?

:rotf: :rotf: soccer don become mathematics.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:21 pm
nanijoe wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:51 pm So is your money on Morocco to win the next Nations Cup?

:rotf: :rotf: soccer don become mathematics.
Abi oooh!! Even when mathematics is not mathematics

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

We need to develop our football infrastructure, facilities, personel etc. Not so that we get to the semi finals of the WC but because it's a multi-billion dollar industry that can contribute to education, healthcare, employment, pensions, transportation etc. It's an industry where the market and talent for it is not in doubt. Success in competions will naturally come with it.

For the NFF, they need to go back to the basics of establishing a viable business plan. The inability to pay local salaries on time is a fundamental issue that should be a show stopper. Lets clean house and get back to a workable plan, there is no point operating a massive debt ridden FA with unproductive personel and huge expenses. We need compensation analysts, plans to generate funds, marketing pros etc.

If not, we'll be here in 20, 30, 50 yrs saying we need a functioning local league, investment....blah blah blah.... We know the problems, but nobody sits in a room to tackle them and come up with long term solutions.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

felarey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:58 pm We need to develop our football infrastructure, facilities, personel etc. Not so that we get to the semi finals of the WC but because it's a multi-billion dollar industry that can contribute to education, healthcare, employment, pensions, transportation etc. It's an industry where the market and talent for it is not in doubt. Success in competions will naturally come with it.

For the NFF, they need to go back to the basics of establishing a viable business plan. The inability to pay local salaries on time is a fundamental issue that should be a show stopper. Lets clean house and get back to a workable plan, there is no point operating a massive debt ridden FA with unproductive personel and huge expenses. We need compensation analysts, plans to generate funds, marketing pros etc.

If not, we'll be here in 20, 30, 50 yrs saying we need a functioning local league, investment....blah blah blah.... We know the problems, but nobody sits in a room to tackle them and come up with long term solutions.
If you know Nigeria very well, the NFA is symbolic of what Nigeria really is. No
be today people don dey tok “if we can do x and y, then x should be possible in year …”. Well… if we are around in 20, 30 or 50 years, I can bet the same conversations will persist, as long as something called Nigeria dey. Delusional people, jaguda country :laugh:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

scholl wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:44 am
felarey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:58 pm We need to develop our football infrastructure, facilities, personel etc. Not so that we get to the semi finals of the WC but because it's a multi-billion dollar industry that can contribute to education, healthcare, employment, pensions, transportation etc. It's an industry where the market and talent for it is not in doubt. Success in competions will naturally come with it.

If you know Nigeria very well, the NFA is symbolic of what Nigeria really is. No
be today people don dey tok “if we can do x and y, then x should be possible in year …”. Well… if we are around in 20, 30 or 50 years, I can bet the same conversations will persist, as long as something called Nigeria dey. Delusional people, jaguda country :laugh:
No be NFA na NFF. Yea, same will be said in 20 yrs time but It is quite possible that Naija will have played a WC final by then even with all the shenanigans. We shy away from making required changes to the polity.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, solving this problem is not impossible in Nigeria. As we speak there are examples of thriving industries in the same cesspool that we describe. The question is why and how are those industries thriving.

First think of movie and music industries. Those two have never been under state contr like football.

How about telephones and airlines? Well, you know they have been under state control until they were privatized.

Thus take your pick. All those thrive in Nigeria with differentiated success stories, nonetheless.

So why not football? I have given the above examples as a preclude to dissuade naysayers who claim that no industry can thrive if the rest of the country is mired in problems.

One thing is clear-- for football to reach its zenith and thrive, it requires an environment that is privately run. Nigerians love football and that is what matters. Moreover, with interest from outside that surrounds Nigerian talent, you have a case to build a thriving football industry.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:45 am

TBH, solving this problem is not impossible in Nigeria. As we speak there are examples of thriving industries in the same cesspool that we describe. The question is why and how are those industries thriving.

First think of movie and music industries. Those two have never been under state contr like football.

How about telephones and airlines? Well, you know they have been under state control until they were privatized.

Thus take your pick. All those thrive in Nigeria with differentiated success stories, nonetheless.

So why not football? I have given the above examples as a preclude to dissuade naysayers who claim that no industry can thrive if the rest of the country is mired in problems.

One thing is clear-- for football to reach its zenith and thrive, it requires an environment that is privately run. Nigerians love football and that is what matters. Moreover, with interest from outside that surrounds Nigerian talent, you have a case to build a thriving football industry.
EII,

Private investment is essential for Nigerian football to develop but it can’t be done without significant government input in the form of infrastructure provision and a Nigeria-centric football policy. I see three major ares to focus on:

o provision of adequate infrastructure has to be a collaboration between the private sector and government. Government can’t do it alone

o Government must evolve a policy that prevents the unnecessary migration of Nigerian talent. Consider the abomination that the CAF Champions League proper is taking place without the participation of any Nigerian clubs. Reasonable but significant transfer fees must be instituted with a view to keeping the majority of our talent home. This will help to improve the standard of the local leagues protect the marketing integrity of Nigerian footballers, most of whom are no more than slave laborers.

o It should be the responsibility of the private sector who run Nigerian football to develop a marketable football product

The above and a host of other measures will help to actualize the hope of Nigerian football fans who want to see Nigeria take its rightful place in international football❗️

Cheers.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I don't have all the time and facts on this fascinating topic.

But Morocco have done a lot to build their infrastructure and systematically produce good players...and specifically a good NT.

A French friend of mind told me Morocco built a football academy years ago modeled on the French Clairefontaine model. It's starts with a U15 youth team. Involving domestic players and those of Moroccan heritage abroad. They started this in 2017.

France interestingly has a top-down NT approach encompassing their considerable academy and club infrastructure. Morocco evidently is adapting this. We will see if this sustains success...and if Nigeria might adapt something here as well.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:23 pm I don't have all the time and facts on this fascinating topic.

But Morocco have done a lot to build their infrastructure and systematically produce good players...and specifically a good NT.

A French friend of mind told me Morocco built a football academy years ago modeled on the French Clairefontaine model. It's starts with a U15 youth team. Involving domestic players and those of Moroccan heritage abroad. They started this in 2017.

France interestingly has a top-down NT approach encompassing their considerable academy and club infrastructure. Morocco evidently is adapting this. We will see if this sustains success...and if Nigeria might adapt something here as well.
This is what annoyed me about picnics infatuation with foreign things, instead of him to focus on modeling our soccer development programs against those successful ones he sees in Europe, he was only interested in getting the left over players who didn’t successfully make it through those programs and into their respective NTs. Basically trying to reap where he did not sow rather than learning the right way to sow and implementing it for long term success…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:36 pm
mate wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:23 pm I don't have all the time and facts on this fascinating topic.

This is what annoyed me about picnics infatuation with foreign things, instead of him to focus on modeling our soccer development programs against those successful ones he sees in Europe, he was only interested in getting the left over players who didn’t successfully make it through those programs and into their respective NTs. Basically trying to reap where he did not sow rather than learning the right way to sow and implementing it for long term success…