Rohr on Morocco & Nigeria comparison

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr on Morocco & Nigeria comparison

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:05 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:48 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:16 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:11 pm Like a gilted ex who will never move on with her/his fooking life, I guess we are stuck with this low life for ever. Tufiakwa! :oops:
Bros, I believe Rohr was really hurt by his sack and difficulty to catch on elsewhere. It really games at you when reading these interviews. Well, he could have avoided all this by doing much better while on the job.

The man spoke the truth!
Which truth?

We just can't let you natives propagate a single story as the "truth".

So it is “Inadequate infrastructure and poor education are the challenges in such countries"?

Egypt with arguably the best league and best player in Africa didn't go the World Cup, so too did South Africa which can also be argued to have one of the best-run leagues.

**** was losing to CAR and tying Sierra Leone who have better facilities and better education.

At least he did not use his normal excuse of the type of teams or leagues our players play in.
Uncle, he said they have poor education and the native said, "YESSSS, I DO!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kai, when I am done with this world and I meet God, my first question to God is how did the white man get the power to control the mind of a black man and make the black man insult his ownself! :rotf: :rotf: thats the most amazing phenomenon. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I guarantee you that if a black person, an Asian, Mexican or whatever, told this native that he has poor education, he will be livid! and go all incredible hulk.

However, once its a white man -- their darling, the specie that makes their buttocks tweak, the specie they love so much and are willing sell their kind for -- then they completely go all goo goo gaa gaa and receive the insult with love. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I'm still waiting for the secret video footage of Rohr in the locker room telling his players that they are there "to learn" and that they cannot possibly beat Argentina or Croatia.

I cannot wait for this footage to surface. Until it does those with clear agendas can continue to decieve us based on speculation.

This world cup has confirmed how tough a group we had in 2018, and yet we were a few minutes from. Qualifying at the current world champions expense.

Go look at the stats of our game vs Croatia. They were DEAD EVEN. Croatia dominates possession and stats against most teams even when they lose. They only beat us because of a FLUKE GOAL.

This stupid idea of "going there to learn" is a FALSE NARRATIVE pushed by the pro-local coach brigade in order to distract us with nonsense. They continue to distract us away from the EPIC FAILURES of our local coaches.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:24 pm Infrastructure, one can understand.

Which one is poor education?

Rohr, failed because he took a contractor approach, to his job. He came in, before the game and left after the game. All the natives supported this approach.

Give him Morocco, he would exit in the group stages.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You need an explanation about what these people think about us? Thats why he cant seem to get over the fact that he was fired. For him, he is livid that people with "poor education" who are beneath him and people he knows more than and was helping them learn had the audacity to sack him. He cant get over that.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And to a game they lost :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The slave will do anything to defend his Massa! :oops:
Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:52 pm You had to go all the way back to 1996? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Otitokoro wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:37 pm Like what he did with FC Girondins de Bordeaux at the UEFA Cup finals?
Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:42 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:11 pm Like a gilted ex who will never move on with her/his fooking life, I guess we are stuck with this low life for ever. Tufiakwa! :oops:
Bros, I believe Rohr was really hurt by his sack and difficulty to catch on elsewhere. It really games at you when reading these interviews. Well, he could have avoided all this by doing much better while on the job.
You know he was doing charity work, teaching the natives how to learn the game. Going to AFCON and World Cup to learn...

I would have loved to see what he would have done with Morocco, Egypt, Algeria, or even South Africa with the advanced infrastructure.

Or maybe he would have said being hired 3 months before the World Cup, what did they expect him to do? Perform a miracle?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Learning narrative pushed by .... Rohr himself.

“I think these young players need time to learn, sometimes they were a little bit naive on the set pieces but we will work on it.”

“We have the youngest team in the world at this World Cup, let them learn from this match.

https://www.theinfostride.com/my-young- ... rnot-rohr/

“We have to work more and we have to learn with this young team. I think sometimes a little bit of experience cost us in the game especially because our midfielders Etebo (Paul) and Ndidi (Wilfred) are very young,”

“They need to learn better in terms of communicating and pressing the game. These are lessons that we take home and I am sure we will be better. I started this journey when I was appointed to rebuild with young players and we have come from a long way,” the German tactician further stated
https://www.cafonline.com/total-africa- ... coach-rohr

"What I like in my young team is humility, solidarity and fighting spirit," Rohr told a press conference. "I thought before this World Cup we were here to learn

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ernot-rohr
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You guys are so foolish.

You do not think the youngest team at a WC will learn from that experience.

You listen to the US and they are saying the same thing, that their young side will learn from Qatar and build on that experience for 2026.

That SE learn from the WC, DOES NOT MEAN THEY WENT TO RUSSIA WITH THE ONLY INTENTION TO LEARN, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Surely you guys are not that stupid.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

2018 WC.

The youngest team, went out in the group stage.

The 2nd youngest team won the World Cup and the other 2nd youngest team came 4th.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

nzeogwu wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:07 pm My people, getting to the second round in 1994 and being ranked fifth is no useful achievement if there was no continuity. Winning age grade tournaments by cheating is also no positive achievement especially if you cannot build on this.

Regardless of what Rohr has to say, the truth remains, we are no better off today than 1990. It is unfathomable that we are content being mediocre and we remain stuck in second gear.

When you look at sports that are not managed by anyone Nigerian, watch how our talent excels. Today, if the the NFL permitted a team made up of players of Nigerian descent to be on a national team, Nigeria would win by a landslide. Why? Coaching, infrastructure, organization and the like are not impeded. Additionally, there is no corruption in the process of development.

Nigeria, Cameron, Congo and predominant black African countries need to get it right. Not only in sports but in life. We may call the Arab Africans any number of names and reject coach Rohr but the fact remains that while we achieved so much in chaos, we should be further along. We should be world champions, have a pipe line of the best players knocking at our door domestically and internationally and Brazil should be looking up at us and saying “I wish we could be like Nigeria”.

We reference 1994 to show that we can do it and are capable of doing it if we can only get the off-the-field issues sorted out.

The youth teams are just an avenue to provide a platform for the young guys so they can be seen and go like their counterparts overseas to situations where they can be properly groomed. With our youth teams, we still have the highest percentage of players that have transitioned from the youth teams to the senior teams so we have proved that it is a feasible strategy in building teams. Pinnick came in and preferred a different strategy. The lazy approach.

When it comes to coaching, CAF countries have seen how impactful going with your people who understand your football culture and the psyche of your players. Pinnick and people like him are lazy. They intentionally sabotage efforts so as to confirm their own biases. He is a self-ascribed expert even in hiring. He doesn't outsource hiring to people who know how to hire people nor does he outsource the marketing or the branding to people who are experts at it and know how to go about it.

Glad he is gone. The new guy should hire people who will render them (NFF) professional services including hiring the right coach, marketing, branding, and getting sponsors.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:03 pm You guys are so foolish.

You do not think the youngest team at a WC will learn from that experience.

You listen to the US and they are saying the same thing, that their young side will learn from Qatar and build on that experience for 2026.

That SE learn from the WC, DOES NOT MEAN THEY WENT TO RUSSIA WITH THE ONLY INTENTION TO LEARN, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Surely you guys are not that stupid.
Did they learn from it?

After 6 years did they learn from ****?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:50 pm Incredible!

Aren't our stadia and infrastructure currently in a dilapidated state in need of major repair and upgrade? Weren't Nigeria's mediocre organizational and management problems evident to all and sundry? Don't we have major problems with our league schedule and club management in our local football today? Did the man lie about any of these things?
Why is it that Nigerians in general always refuse to listen to and learn from the truth when its told to them? They would rather listen to someone who stokes their ego and blows smoke up their behinds? Its the same in every facet of the Nigerian society.

You taut 1994 (close to TWO decades ago) as a benchmark, because they were ranked 5th in the world. How exactly did Nigeria benefit from it? What progress has been made hence? (and please, don't even mention the Olympics, as we all know all those men weren't U23). Can you compare the National stadium in Surulere then to its current state now? Or any other stadium in Nigeria? Did Nigeria not get knocked out in the round of 16 in 1994, in comparison to Morocco who will go down in history as a WC semifinalist - a feat Nigeria has NEVER attained?

You label the man as incompetent, yet, he engineered the qualification of the country to a world cup (with a game to spare
- never done before) and claimed a bronze medal (not done since) after not qualifying the prior edition before he came on board. He had also engineered the qualification of Nigeria for the AFCON and the final round of the WCQ (again, with a game to spare), yet he is incompetent?

But when y'all got him sacked, the so called local best coach couldn't even get past a mediocre Tunisia team and ended up with Nigeria's WORST AFCON record in 41 years, but of course, to y'all, that was okay. For the icing on the cake, this same local coach couldn't get past a Ghanaian team at its lowest ebb, for what should have been a place in the world cup.
And yet, yall are making excuses up and down, refusing to come to terms with the FACT that firing Rohr was really a daft idea. Well, good luck to yall.

The gullibility here is y'all refusing to admit the unfortunate truth, when its staring you right in the face!
Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:47 pm Cell

The thing that gets me is that we will swallow it up as some Gospel. Without that infrastructure we still ranked #5 in 1994 and beat Bulgaria. Incompetence has excuses and the gullible will swallow excuses up.
Thank You!
No Escape
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm 2018 WC.

The 2nd youngest team won the World Cup and the other 2nd youngest team came 4th.
You still don't get it.

You don't think France and England learned anything ?

And where does anyone say that learning and getting results have to be mutually exclusive ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:32 am

You still don't get it.

And where does anyone say that learning and getting results have to be mutually exclusive ?
LOL. VE, basically, it appears that you should be addressing that comment to Herr Rohr.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Failed, as in "not meeting the targets or metrics set by his employers"? Because when one fails at a job, its because he/she didn't attain the performance metrics set forth by his employer(s).

Or failed, because he didn't "play the kind of entertaining football that got Nigeria prematurely booted out of the AFCON, AND cost Nigeria a place in the world cup"?

Talk about misplaced priorities.

Also, the Moroccan coach played a defensive game for the most part of the competition, which is right up Rohr's alley. So...

Rohr, failed because he took a contractor approach, to his job. He came in, before the game and left after the game. All the natives supported this approach.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

To highlight the fact that when he did have the level of infrastructure which my 'non-native' CE brother referenced (with the countries he listed), the man in question got his team to the UEFA Cup finals.
A fair and equitable comparison.
Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:52 pm You had to go all the way back to 1996? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Otitokoro wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:37 pm Like what he did with FC Girondins de Bordeaux at the UEFA Cup finals?
You know he was doing charity work, teaching the natives how to learn the game. Going to AFCON and World Cup to learn...

I would have loved to see what he would have done with Morocco, Egypt, Algeria, or even South Africa with the advanced infrastructure.

Or maybe he would have said being hired 3 months before the World Cup, what did they expect him to do? Perform a miracle?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:30 am To highlight the fact that when he did have the level of infrastructure which my 'non-native' CE brother referenced (with the countries he listed), the man in question got his team to the UEFA Cup finals.
A fair and equitable comparison.

So maybe we do not need him or those like him who cannot work with our level of infrastructure. Why? because we have people who have achieved amid our level of infrastructure. Not so? Why do we need him if he is ineffective based on our level of infrastructure? LOL. Thus it is bad hire. Let's get those who achieve with our level infrastructure. Hint the likes of Westerhoff, Keshi, Amodu.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:39 pm

Aren't our stadia and infrastructure currently in a dilapidated state in need of major repair and upgrade? Weren't Nigeria's mediocre organizational and management problems evident to all and sundry? Don't we have major problems with our league schedule and club management in our local football today? Did the man lie about any of these things?
Why is it that Nigerians in general always refuse to listen to and learn from the truth when its told to them? They would rather listen to someone who stokes their ego and blows smoke up their behinds? Its the same in every facet of the Nigerian society.

You taut 1994 (close to TWO decades ago) as a benchmark, because they were ranked 5th in the world. How exactly did Nigeria benefit from it? What progress has been made hence? (and please, don't even mention the Olympics, as we all know all those men weren't U23). Can you compare the National stadium in Surulere then to its current state now? Or any other stadium in Nigeria? Did Nigeria not get knocked out in the round of 16 in 1994, in comparison to Morocco who will go down in history as a WC semifinalist - a feat Nigeria has NEVER attained?

You label the man as incompetent, yet, he engineered the qualification of the country to a world cup (with a game to spare
- never done before) and claimed a bronze medal (not done since) after not qualifying the prior edition before he came on board. He had also engineered the qualification of Nigeria for the AFCON and the final round of the WCQ (again, with a game to spare), yet he is incompetent?

But when y'all got him sacked, the so called local best coach couldn't even get past a mediocre Tunisia team and ended up with Nigeria's WORST AFCON record in 41 years, but of course, to y'all, that was okay. For the icing on the cake, this same local coach couldn't get past a Ghanaian team at its lowest ebb, for what should have been a place in the world cup.
And yet, yall are making excuses up and down, refusing to come to terms with the FACT that firing Rohr was really a daft idea. Well, good luck to yall.

The gullibility here is y'all refusing to admit the unfortunate truth, when its staring you right in the face!

The thing that gets me is that we will swallow it up as some Gospel. Without that infrastructure we still ranked #5 in 1994 and beat Bulgaria. Incompetence has excuses and the gullible will swallow excuses up.
Otitokoro

Our infrastructure is not top notch but it has never been even in 1994 or 1970 ir 1996. Does infrastructure matter? Yes it does. Is it the only variable. Absolutely not. There are far more variables that determine success and even Argentina and others like Morocco do not have all possible variables. That is something that should be understood.

The point is, therefore, that citing one variable as Gospel is false. Such fly by night analysis is just not compelling.

I pointed out to you 1994 because we still had comparatively poor facilities and yet did better than several other nations. Now, and in a few years, we will do better with poor facilities. Let me add, watch this space and tell me what you will state if Nigeria was to win the AFCON with this same Morocco participating. What will be your explanation then? Facilities? Ooo, players were all foreign based? The AFCON was played in great facilities like the clubs in Europe? Take your pick meanwhile the facilities in Nigeria may have gotten worse by them.

I never can figure out why you seem to glorify incompetence and why you think winning inspite of poor organization is NOT a recipe for success.

You think that the state of Nigeria as a whole in 2022 is comparable to 1994?

Nigeria also won under Keshi INSPITE of the poor organization and infrastructure.

But what happened next?

She failed to qualify!

And worse, in the process lost a potentially great manager.

That is what happens when you do not have a strong base for football. You get sporadic success and you cannot sustain it...

Your understanding of these issues is shockingly limited...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:26 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:04 pm

KPOM ×1000

The big elephant in the room they continue to try and ignore.

Local coach = worst Afcon in over 30 years plus failing to get by an average Ghana team with a brand new coach.

It's a monumental failure of epic proportions and people are still focusing on Rohr.

I dont think Rohr was the greatest, but he honestly wasn't that bad either.

Much better than all of our recent local coaches.
No one but **** and his acolytes keep bringing him up.

You all are actually poor students of history. It was NOT the same Ghana team that played in the AFCON that we played in the qualifiers. They saw that they needed to do something about the way they did and they proceeded to do something about it.

Ghana who couldn't beat us still went to the World Cup and secured 4 points.

The article being discussed talked about infrastructure being part of the reason we couldn't replicate what Morocco did.

It is NOT the reason and has never been.

The Moroccan team just like ours have mostly foreign-based and some foreign-born Moroccans.

They hired the right coach for them.

Your problem is that u have a very shallow knowledge of issues you dabble into.

The MAROC program started nearly 10yrs ago. It did not begin with the appointment of Regragui as you foolishly think!

They rebuilt their infrastructures and especially worked on their domestic game. Look at the performance of their clubs, performance in CHAN. They have an U-23 league side by side...

Its that functional league that allowed Regragui to develop.

Its not simply about selectin foreign-based players. Its about having a stable foundation for your selection of players and coach to be able to function effectively.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:32 am

You still don't get it.

And You will not get it.

Rohr went to learn.

England and France went to compete.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The Moroccan coach came 4th in the WC.

Rohr came 3rd in the group stages.

so.....
Otitokoro wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 am Failed, as in "not meeting the targets or metrics set by his employers"? Because when one fails at a job, its because he/she didn't attain the performance metrics set forth by his employer(s).

Or failed, because he didn't "play the kind of entertaining football that got Nigeria prematurely booted out of the AFCON, AND cost Nigeria a place in the world cup"?

Also, the Moroccan coach played a defensive game for the most part of the competition, which is right up Rohr's alley. So...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

One is defending and the other is staying back, afraid. Some people dont know the difference.
fabio wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:02 pm The Moroccan coach came 4th in the WC.

so.....
Otitokoro wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 am Failed, as in "not meeting the targets or metrics set by his employers"? Because when one fails at a job, its because he/she didn't attain the performance metrics set forth by his employer(s).

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:39 pm

KPOM ×1000

Local coach = worst Afcon in over 30 years plus failing to get by an average Ghana team with a brand new coach.

It's a monumental failure of epic proportions and people are still focusing on Rohr.

You all are actually poor students of history. It was NOT the same Ghana team that played in the AFCON that we played in the qualifiers. They saw that they needed to do something about the way they did and they proceeded to do something about it.

The article being discussed talked about infrastructure being part of the reason we couldn't replicate what Morocco did.

The Moroccan team just like ours have mostly foreign-based and some foreign-born Moroccans.

The MAROC program started nearly 10yrs ago. It did not begin with the appointment of Regragui as you foolishly think!

They rebuilt their infrastructures and especially worked on their domestic game. Look at the performance of their clubs, performance in CHAN. They have an U-23 league side by side...

Its not simply about selectin foreign-based players. Its about having a stable foundation for your selection of players and coach to be able to function effectively.
Excuse you?! :roll: :roll:

What has Morocco won?

What?!

They have ALL these local structures yet they still go overseas to pick players who were not only born overseas but were developed overseas.

Why aren't they African champions?

Bro, let us just appreciate them advancing to the semis of the World Cup.

As for Naijaria, we need to sort out our off-field issues and focus on creating a pathway for our young players to make it out to overseas clubs and that is by refocusing on providing resources for the youth teams.

Not this NONSENSE that the Wait-and-take Pinnick served us.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:29 pm One is defending and the other is staying back, afraid. Some people dont know the difference.
fabio wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:02 pm The Moroccan coach came 4th in the WC.

so.....

Bro, some people want to be tourists at the World Cup. Get COP and win the best jersey award... while taking pictures.

It is this type of natives that look at other immigrants or Naijarians daring to compete with the best in the world and cower in fear asking what gave them the effrontery...

If Naijaria is to be the first in anything, it will take having a coach that believes in its people. Understand what makes us tick. Those coaches are out there...

**** deserves to coach minnows who are just happy to be there. Not a country that has ambition.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:39 pm
txj wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:39 pm

KPOM ×1000

Excuse you?! :roll: :roll:

What has Morocco won?

What?!

They have ALL these local structures yet they still go overseas to pick players who were not only born overseas but were developed overseas.

Why aren't they African champions?

Bro, let us just appreciate them advancing to the semis of the World Cup.

As for Naijaria, we need to sort out our off-field issues and focus on creating a pathway for our young players to make it out to overseas clubs and that is by refocusing on providing resources for the youth teams.

Not this NONSENSE that the Wait-and-take Pinnick served us.

It does not matter where the players come from. What matters is that they have created a BASE for success.

They may not be African champions, but they have a successful program.

The difference between our two countries is that Nigeria could win the next AFCON and then fail to qualify for the next!

But you cannot seem to grasp this simple fact!

Unlike the days Kanu and Oruma went to Europe, there are thousands of young players moving to Europe from all over the world. The competition for academy places is stiffer and the regulations are more stringent.

But unlike us, they have the ability to develop these young players, and crucially, they have a league they can return to if it does not work out, and STILL maximize their talent or something close to it.

Unlike us, Croatia and MAROC do not need to "focus on creating a pathway for young players to make it out to overseas clubs"...
Last edited by txj on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.