SIGN HERE FOR SOMEONE WHO GOOFED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
SIGN HERE FOR SOMEONE WHO GOOFED

Post by anointed »

Many of us are thrashing the SE after the 1-0 loss but it is obvious that many CE goofed b4 the game. As late as the day b4 the match many ppl were hailing CCC's team line up and formation. Someone said we will push back the Moros with an attacking formation and another we should play lattack like Real Madrid.

I guess we should bring out everybody who patted CCC on the back b4 the game only to do backstabbing now.

Number 1 goofer is Gotti who supported CCC all the way... and he's still supporting him now.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
crispgg
Egg
Egg

Post by crispgg »

At least he is still supporting the guy..what of all those who praised the guy initially but are now looking for a way of getting in touch with the guy so that they can murder him.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

It seems you stole the words from my mouth. Nigeria should use Kanu well. But I would add that somehow, Chukwu must always be ready to bring in Ikedia if we don't have enough pace or Lawal if Olofinjana is not hustling properly. But in all, if we are serious about winning this cup, we should do what we are best equipped for - attack like there is no tomorrow!!!------Oba from Montreal
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

BLAKES WROTE....

any how sha lets wait and see what happens tommorow..C3 cant be that dumb...i want to see his game plan...but from what i see it looks like all out attack...i dont mind the formation as long as all the defenders are ready to sit back and wait..take note babayaro, u are too slow to attack and u are not a midfielder...i just dont want to see us getting whipped by 2 fast counter attack goals...
well at least kanu can win free kicks and penalties....im sure diouf wishes he was as skilled as kanu at falling, little does he know that kanu really falls with every little touch... by Blakes
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

KENOVSKI WROTE...

When no one expects us to do well be tend to excel. I will not be surprised if we thrash Morocco tmr. It is in the cards. We have some hungry youngsters who are ready to prove a point. And yes we are that good!!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

KENOVSKI WROTE

I don't see how CCC comments imply that he did not scout Morocco. I don't think he is as stupid as some of us make him out to be. For goodness sake give the man some credit. He didn't inherit the position!!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

OMONOBA WROTE

Yujam, read between what lines? You're trying to see plantains where there are only bananas here. He has said he's not worrying about how morocco will play. That doesn't mean he hasn't scouted them. I bet if it was a european coach who said that, you would "read between the lines" differently.
Anyway, i'm giving full support to the entire team and coaching crew for this ANC. May they do us proud
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

yup, i couldn't believe any coach could be that dumb. I guess i was wrong
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we needed 2 men in the midfield to do the dirty work and help out our defence,the way morroco turned defence into attack was diabolical,our defence was under so much pressure,i will not even criticize them, when the likes of utaka,kanu,aiyegbeni lost the ball,they never bothered to back track,i have never seen Nigeria play so woeful in my entire life,Okocha could not have saved the team,with this formation,South africa will beat Nigeria hands down and possibly Benin-and what next okocha will be £90,000 pounds richer and the rest of his team mates,kanu will be £120,000 richer-and what about you and me--left with all the frustrations for another 2 years-what about the fans in Nigeria who depend on football to give them a respite from poverty?? These players should understand that they are carrying the burden of 120 million and the hopes of a nation-they are so selfish,arrogant-to me this performance amounts to national treason?? did i say wake up Abacha-he will know how to deal with these pathetic excuses for footballers
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
don1
Egg
Egg
Possession Not Kick and Follow

Post by don1 »

Oba, we can't simply "attack like there's no tomorrow" cos attacking is not a game plan, it's the result of a good game plan.
I see no reason why Ikedia shouldnt start the next game as he would make up for the 60 yards of space that was always b/w our right back and John Utaka.
Who said something about replacing Seyi with a ball winner in mid/f? He seems a good enough ball winner to me BUT note that his better quality is helping retain possession in the middle of the park. Keep the ball for as long as possible and u wont have to go chasing it.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

i used to remember the great Amokachi used to leave the front line and help out in defence- i also thought that aiyegbemi should be dropping to help out in midfield
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

AYO AKINFE WROTE....

Yujam, if that is indeed the line-up, it will look like this:

**********Aiyegbeni****************Aghaowa************

***Okocha******Olofinjana*********Kanu**********Utaka***

***Babayaro******Okoronkwo********Yobo********Abbey***

*************************Enyeama*********************

However, I have serious doubts about the veracity of this line-up despite it appearing on Kick Off's site. I know that they normally get it right and have access to the coaching staff but I suspect this is a decoy to mislead opponents.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

haba..I no support the man oh, read wettin i write well :lol: ...commot me from the list....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ROBBYNICE WROTE

Keeper - Vincent Enyeama

Defenders - Joseph Yobo, Isaac Okoronkwo, Celestine Babayaro, Abbey George.

Midfielders - Augustine Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu, Oluseyi Olofinjana, John Utaka.

Attackers - Yakubu Ayegbeni, Julis Aghahowa.

SOLID!
_________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ROBBYNICE WROTE

So Olofinjana is going to play DM. I hope he can cope.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

THE OBSERVER WROTE...

I suspect Okocha will operate on the left. It will be a very creative midfield, but I am not sure about the DM department. Kanu needs one of those great performances because he is the key to the team
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Anointed u wan kill people? U be like Judge Dredd, Judge Jury and Executioner :P
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

CROSS WROTE

Let's be REAL MADRID for once. Our strengths are creativity and goal scoring.....let maximize them and stop trying to play catenacio.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

EDU WROTE

against marocco, we need ball control and then qiuck release to the 2 speedstars upfront. this looks like the perfect 11 for that.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

AL B SURE WROTE

You guys are funny. All you can do is critisise CCC about the list Just keep mute, watch the game tommorrow and support the super Eagles. Am sure CCC knows more that a few armchair critics. So he picks the squad, you watch the match!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

haha... i have the perfect picture for this...

Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

HAWKEYE WROTE

There is no difference between this reported line up and the 1994 WCone in terms of it's composition. CCC was the assistant coach then, so am not surprised at the attacking mode of his starting 11. The problem most people on this forum have is fitting named players into their own perceived and recommended formations, instead of exploring the coach's mindset and formation. Till TODAY, Nigerian coaches still use the WM formation we used in high school. Most ICs talk in-terms of players playing no 4 or 7 or 9 based on the numbering and positions of the W-M formation that was strictly from 1-11. It's very effective if you have the personel Westerhoff had and CCC is lucky to have now. Compare the two, a decade apart, and see the similarities. I will be more comfortable with what CCC can conveniently handle as long as it produces results than forcing him to adopt some formations he is not comfortable with.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

PMZ OKOCHA WROTE

IAG, don't be so tensed. We have players skilled enough to make any defense in the world worry. Don't forget...we have JJ the one and only JJ. He is playing so well right now that he makes it look like you could inject him on a high school team and they would still be able to hold their own against anyone. We also have Kanu that eventhough he is slow in motion and slow "up there" he is creative enough make one or two things happen as well. Don't be tensed my brother...we've got thi
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...