Nigeria vs Costa Rica (Women) revelations Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

trae_z
Egg
Egg
Nigeria vs Costa Rica (Women) revelations Cup

Post by trae_z »

Game starting in 2 minutes. Stream live: https://web.facebook.com/watch/live/?re ... 8201293782

1 change, Goal Keeper i think

[tweet][/tweet]
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Costa Rica (Women) revelations Cup

Post by iworo »

How did #19 make this team?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The only impressive player for me is Onyinye Echegini. She’s like female Iwobi.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

this ordega girl still dey this team
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

The ladies were wasteful, tho.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Thunder wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:18 am The ladies were wasteful, tho.
Their heads no dey house; has nothing to do with coaching
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:44 am The only impressive player for me is Onyinye Echegini. She’s like female Iwobi.
Very solid player. The best of the pack. Quick, skillful, smart. THought her performance against Mexico was a fluke but shows she will be a revelation at the world cup. It was actually a very good team performance, solid at the back. They fought till the end. Chinwendu Ihezue was the only misfit, misplacing passes and missed an open net.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Looking at the stats, I was highly disappointed that a team like Costa Rica can out-possess the SuperFalcons. That’s the kind of team we should be able to pressure from start to finish, given our experience in international competition. We definitely need more than a part time coach🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sack Waldrum and Build the SF around Echegini, Onyenizide, Abiodun and Sabasteine and we will cook good.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Not sure which stat you saw, but perhaps you should actually watch the match and draw you own conclusions.
Nigeria actually dictated and dominated the game for large periods of the match.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:40 am Looking at the starts, I was highly disappointed that a team like Costa Rica can out-possess the SuperFalcons. That’s the kind of team we should be able to pressure from start to finish, given our experience in international competition. We definitely need more than a part time coach🤔❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Our offensive play is still a major problem, because this team is not clinical enough. Watching the game against Costa Rica, they could have won the game with a big margin. This team is full of talents but we still don’t have a world class team yet. Real teams serve each other and can’t wait to sacrifice and give for everyone else. There were so many times in the game that practically almost everyone in the team played selfishly instead of passing to an open player.

I also noticed some players with entitlement attitude and lack of effort (i.e. Onumonu). Every player needs to buy into the team and the "we" mentality instead of the “me” mentality; and it starts with the coaching staff. Bottom line, the buck stops with the coach. If he can't improve our offensive play, he should be fired.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Onome Ebi is still playing? Wow
Last edited by Tobi17 on Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:35 am
Thunder wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:18 am The ladies were wasteful, tho.
Their heads no dey house; has nothing to do with coaching
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:44 am The only impressive player for me is Onyinye Echegini. She’s like female Iwobi.
Very few players will look “impressive” under these hoof-and-chase tactics (to use the word ‘tactics’ liberally)…
bret- hart wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:18 am Sack Waldrum and Build the SF around Echegini, Onyenizide, Abiodun and Sabasteine and we will cook good.
IMHO, it’s probably too late to change coaches before the WC…
But some of this dude’s coaching makes Lazy Betty look like a tactical genius by comparison! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:40 am Looking at the starts, I was highly disappointed that a team like Costa Rica can out-possess the SuperFalcons. That’s the kind of team we should be able to pressure from start to finish, given our experience in international competition. We definitely need more than a part time coach🤔❗️

Cheers.
I'm a bit confused about those stats because watching the match I can hardly remember a spell when Costa Rica had the ball.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:32 amI'm a bit confused about those stats because watching the match I can hardly remember a spell when Costa Rica had the ball.
Another thing you’re “at a loss”?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:18 am Sack Waldrum and Build the SF around Echegini, Onyenizide, Abiodun and Sabasteine and we will cook good.
I agree 100%. My patience with Waldrum has run out. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the WAFCON because apart from the opening game against South Africa, they played well but had some rotten luck especially in the semifinal & 3rd place match. I also can understand the losses to USA & Japan but not to Mexico & Colombia. He made the same mistakes in those games as he did against South Africa. I also watched an interview where he justified playing the players out of position which is absolutely insane. He's not interested in the balance of the team hence the disjointed display. That mindset will not help us. In WAFCON he stumbled on a settled midfield of Okobi, Ayinde & Ucheibe, but hardly used the former two players. Playing Plumptre & Ajibade in the midfield against Mexico is madness. The constant use of Onumonu baffles me. Also calling up skilless Ihezuo ahead of Gift Monday or Sabastine is beyond me. The players that need to be dropped are Ordega, Onumonu & Ihezuo and replaced with Onyenezide, Abiodun & Sabastine as you mentioned. Oshoala needs to be back as well as Gift Monday.
cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 am
I agree 100%. My patience with Waldrum has run out. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the WAFCON because apart from the opening game against South Africa, they played well but had some rotten luck especially in the semifinal & 3rd place match. I also can understand the losses to USA & Japan but not to Mexico & Colombia. He made the same mistakes in those games as he did against South Africa. I also watched an interview where he justified playing the players out of position which is absolutely insane. He's not interested in the balance of the team hence the disjointed display. That mindset will not help us. In WAFCON he stumbled on a settled midfield of Okobi, Ayinde & Ucheibe, but hardly used the former two players. Playing Plumptre & Ajibade in the midfield against Mexico is madness. The constant use of Onumonu baffles me. Also calling up skilless Ihezuo ahead of Gift Monday or Sabastine is beyond me. The players that need to be dropped are Ordega, Onumonu & Ihezuo and replaced with Onyenezide, Abiodun & Sabastine as you mentioned. Oshoala needs to be back as well as Gift Monday.
And with Ordega on left side of the middle three. That was really strange!
Adisboy wrote: I also watched an interview where he justified playing the players out of position which is absolutely insane.
What was his justification?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

cybersoccerfan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 am
And with Ordega on left side of the middle three. That was really strange!
Adisboy wrote: I also watched an interview where he justified playing the players out of position which is absolutely insane.
What was his justification?
He gave the insane argument that he needs to get his "best" players on the field. He reckoned that because e.g. Ajibade, Alozie, Ordega all play right forward that in order to get them on the pitch at the same time he will have to play 2 of them in different positions. He cited Man Utd playing Luke Shaw as centre back and Fernandes as right winger. He also says if he doesn't do that some of his main players won't play and might not make the world cup. I found these justification as absolute rubbish. No consideration of the balance & coherence of the team.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...truly wasteful against a team like the lady Ticos. They need to learn finishing.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:33 am Not sure which stat you saw, but perhaps you should actually watch the match and draw you own conclusions.
Nigeria actually dictated and dominated the game for large periods of the match.

Cheers.
That’s nonsense. Costa Rica dominated possession 57% to 43% and had 88 more passes than Nigeria. Perhaps, you need glasses❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

:clap: :clap: :clap:….sometimes we don’t agree but you are spot on.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .