A Sunday Oliseh led SE would never have disgraced us like...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!
A Sunday Oliseh led SE would never have disgraced us like...

Post by AreaStarr »

this!

I hate to harp on about the past but I believe Sunny is having the last laugh!
He was uncerimoniously and unjustifiably excluded from the SE's by corrupt NFA and sports ministry officials. Why? Because he was just fighting for the players rights! And eversince then we have had a 2nd rate management and team.

Sunny would definetly have shown more leadership qualities on the pitch and he would given our boys some direction.
Where was Jay-Jay's(I turn up to camp when I want :x ) leadership and direction yesterday?

And we take Serie C no hopers to the ANC while we live out Serie A starters like Makinwa? That right there is the problem with the Nigerian set up and thats why we will always underachieve!
Mankinka
Egg
Egg
Re: A Sunday Oliseh led SE would never have disgraced us lik

Post by Mankinka »

AreaStarr wrote:this!

He was uncerimoniously and unjustifiably excluded from the SE's by corrupt NFA and sports ministry officials. Why? Because he was just fighting for the players rights! And eversince then we have had a 2nd rate management and team.

Sunny would definetly have shown more leadership qualities on the pitch and he would given our boys some direction.
Where was Jay-Jay's(I turn up to camp when I want :x ) leadership and direction yesterday?

And we take Serie C no hopers to the ANC while we live out Serie A starters like Makinwa? That right there is the problem with the Nigerian set up and thats why we will always underachieve!
Mr Starr have you seen any of Sunday Olisehs games of late? I have had the opportunity of watching some of his games and believe me when I say he is not the answer to the SuperEagles problems.
I also think that its wrong of you to try and single out JJ, Nigeria's problems where due to the tactical inefficiencies of Mr Chukwu and not down to JJ's leadership.
I would like to remind you that Austin Okocha is only human and there is only so much he can do, he cannot play for 11 men.
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Mankinka wrote:

Mr Starr have you seen any of Sunday Olisehs games of late? I have had the opportunity of watching some of his games and believe me when I say he is not the answer to the SuperEagles problems.
I also think that its wrong of you to try and single out JJ, Nigeria's problems where due to the tactical inefficiencies of Mr Chukwu and not down to JJ's leadership.
I would like to remind you that Austin Okocha is only human and there is only so much he can do, he cannot play for 11 men.
As a matter of fact I have seen a lot of Sunny's games lately and he could still walk into this current SE side.
I was watching Jay-Jay closely yesterday and I did not see any sort of encouragement by him towards his team mates. Sunny would have been marshalling his troops in the same situation and we would have equalised.
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Mr Starr are you related to Sunday Oliseh?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

AreaStarr, Don't be so sure about that cos that coach would make any SE team look bad.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Areastar you need to get off Oliseh's nutz. Damn have you got no self respect? :lol: :lol:
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
baprophet
Egg
Egg
Areastarr

Post by baprophet »

Thank You sir

I have come to the conclusion that Many of the fans dont understand soccer anymore than the coaches they disparage. One would think that By now people would understand that soccer isnt so much about skill and talent as it is about Leadership Qualities, Discipline and Mental Preparedness all of which Sunday Oliseh always Brought To the field.

Clearly Oliseh would have been a stabilizing force on the field. I think people fail to appreciate How well Oliseh reads the game. All that standing still and Ball watching while The Morrocans were making off the ball runs would probably not have hapenned if Oliseh and/Or West Had been there.

This eagles performance was the Most disjopinted one I had ever seen. Unlike Most Here I dont believe the issue was about Tactics and Formation Per se but EXECUTION. I believe that The eagles never really settled down and got their rythym and would have lost regardless of Formation or Tactics. You could tell from the Long List of unforced errors by Players and hurried Goal Kicks By Enyeama, essentially passing to the other team that these players simply didnt have it together mentally and there was no stabilizing force at the Back. Particularly after we had picked up Two UNJUST yellow cards.

In any case I do believe we can come back but we should redeploy Players according to Their strengths. Clearly we need Garba Lawal in midield in Place of Aiyegbeni..Our ability to win the game depends on how well we crowd the midfield and Maintain Possesion. We have Ball Jogglers Who can Unlock any defence
as Proven by out two Disallowed Goals but we have To win Possession.

We need to get away from Wing Play and relying on Crosses ...It's an Outdated way of Playing soccer and it doesnt work ...With all of Moroccos corner Kicks and Crosses Their only goal came from The center .

In any case kanu should still start But as Our point Man He is Very effective with his back to the Goal and Can lay the Intelligent Pass, Aghahowa should drop back as support striker due to his work rate and his speed, Okocha and Utaka Should assume The Creative Midfield Role with Garba Lawal and Olofinjana as Defensive Midfielders, Babayaro, Udeze, Yobo and Abbey George should man the Defense Line

I believe we can still win
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

...the only role I could see Oliseh playing yesterday was as cheerleader from the bench... :mrgreen:
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

The same oliseh who was no where to be found in mali two years ago especially when you consider the game against mali!!! That same sunday oliseh? Stablising force? please don't make me laugh!!!

let me remind you, two years ago, on the old site, there was near uproar considering sunday oliseh's non-performance in the middle of the park against individuals considered not in the same class as him!!! :shock: :shock:

Some of us have long memories, don't come here now and attempt to rob peter to pay paul, it just doesn't wash!!!! :x :x

instead of these comparisions we should be wondering how in the hell to pass on our ideas to our coach who quite evidently is out of his depth and quite frankly needs help!!!
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Any team lead by CCC is bound to fail
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Anybody that stands replies this thread and dismisses Oliseh's past and present form should rot on the spot!U guys are the foolish for even making any negative statement about Sunday Oliseh!From all indication,the only bad game u guys can pick out for Oliseh was the game against Mali.Areastarr clearly has a point and an Oliseh lead team would never have disgraced us like that!I want u *kindpeople* talking crap to prove that wrong!Okocha has been captain of two events and his record is still terrible,yet u people are still trying to dismiss a better Captain like Oliseh.U guys just hate the truth and simple truth is JJ is not a captain with any qualities.Even if Oliseh has crutches on that field the worst we would have come with would have been a draw!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
baprophet
Egg
Egg

Post by baprophet »

Eclipse:

When Pepole Hear Lies too often they Begin To believe them even when the facts dont support their theories.

Some of You may have been in an Uproar due to Your own Inability to seperate reality from Myth Two Years ago in Mali but I was not. at least Not on the defensive end. ....

We had a solid defensive Unit that that didnt concede a goal Until Game 5... Matter of fact, Forget conceding Goals we could count the number of forced Saves Shorunmu had to make On one hand Thanks in no small part To Oliseh's leadership..

With all of Mali's Rampaging they Had only two or three attempts at Goal fewer than we had upfront.

The Real ABSENTEES at Mali were the Likes of Okocha who failed to generate much offense and were CONSEQUENTLY substituted in every game.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

omey2k4 wrote:Anybody that stands replies this thread and dismisses Oliseh's past and present form should rot on the spot!U guys are the foolish for even making any negative statement about Sunday Oliseh!From all indication,the only bad game u guys can pick out for Oliseh was the game against Mali.Areastarr clearly has a point and an Oliseh lead team would never have disgraced us like that!I want u *kindpeople* talking crap to prove that wrong!Okocha has been captain of two events and his record is still terrible,yet u people are still trying to dismiss a better Captain like Oliseh.U guys just hate the truth and simple truth is JJ is not a captain with any qualities.Even if Oliseh has crutches on that field the worst we would have come with would have been a draw!
You are way out of order calling people *kindpeople* because you don't agree with their opinion...and this is your last warning...

Just goes to show how much home training you got ..you foul mouthed skunk...
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

MD last warning for what?Why didnt U come out and pick out people that have said worst things to me MD?When i stated my opinion many on this board have called me all sorts of names,why didnt u warn them?Just dont go there with me MD.If U want to be fair pick out everybody that has cursed on this board and there are many of them including Mods.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

omey2k4 wrote:MD last warning for what?Why didnt U come out and pick out people that have said worst things to me MD?When i stated my opinion many on this board have called me all sorts of names,why didnt u warn them?Just dont go there with me MD.If U want to be fair pick out everybody that has cursed on this board and there are many of them including Mods.
I assure you that if I am aware of anyone calling you or anyone else unsavory names because of your views or posts I will come down on them as well.

Feel free to bring it to my attention.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Hey, Omey, chill. Calling people *kindpeople* is over the line, regardless of who's saying that.

back to the issue at hand...yes, Oliseh could have made the team, but the issue is, we will still lose if CCC plays him as the ONLY DM. Oliseh always had either Lawal or adepoju or both of them to help him, as well as guys like Finidi and Amo serving as 2-way midfielders.

IMHO, Chukwu killed us with his 4 strikers, one attacking midfielder (JJ) and one DM (Seyi).
Chukwu no sabi book, na me tok am!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Omey2k4, if u like abuse my parents whilst your at it!!, i ain't changing my opinion!! Yes, oliseh was good at organising the defence, I won't dispute that, but this same individual has been on the wane and it showed two years ago.

And your statement stating that he only had one match against mail no hold water abeg!! We all saw how lacklustre the eagles were last time under Amodu the only difference is this time we lost!!!!(early!!!)

What's the use of leadership /organisation when that same individual is struggling (on form) to be in the team? We may have had a watertight defence but don't forget we still had problems in the middle of the park!!(recurring theme!!)

I have rated oliseh, always will, but for you to come out and say he would have performed better is quite frankly beside the point!!

With the formation we played yesterday, oliseh or no oliseh, we for still chop egba!!!(or you want oliseh to change things on the field of play cause katakata???)

:D :D (you have to laugh cause I sure as hell ain't crying) Roll on 2k6 that's all am saying!!!!
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Hey why not bring back Steven Keshi while you are at it? :lol: :lol:
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

AreaStarr wrote: this!

Re: A Sunday Oliseh led SE would never have disgraced us like...

A few words for you:
- Overrun
- By
- Malian
- Teenage
- Goat
- Herders

A few More:
- Beat
- Down
- By
- Benchwarming
- Senegalese
- Agberos
- 10 vs 11
- Loss
Last edited by Ziontrain on Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Ziontrain wrote:
AreaStarr wrote: this!

Re: A Sunday Oliseh led SE would never have disgraced us like...

A fewwords for you:
- Overrun
- By
- Malian
- Teenage
- Goat
- Herders

A few More:
- Beat
- Down
- By
- Benchwarming
- Senegalese
- Agberos
- 10 vs 11
- Loss
At the end of the day Ziotrain the only bad loss Nigeria sufered was under Senegal(a team that shook the world at the WC).U dont make any sense mister.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

PLEEEASSSSE ,Oliseh doesn't ahve the drive to play for his country anymore...isn't this already obvious....I mean we are struggling with Kanu and Okocha and u talk about bringing back oLISEH..haba man...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Blakes U dont get the point,the point is that during Olishes tenure u never saw this happen to us,never!And even if Oliseh has lost the drive to play for Nigeria,if he wa sin charge it would never have happend!

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Omey: Dolly don punk you out...Why you no dey swear anymore...You dey fear say them go suspend you from Cybereagles.......Oh, I forgot, if they do, you would have no life :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.