Osimhen is now a sure contender for APOY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Osimhen is now a sure contender for APOY

Post by Tobi17 »

Only Mahrez will pose a challenge to him winning the APOY title if City win the Premier League title as is looking likely at this point, but Osimhen has contributed far more to the title run of Napoli compared to Mahrez who plays for the best team in Europe.

Osimhen, Mahrez, Hakimi? and maybe Partey are the contenders with Osimhen looking the strongest candidate to win it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Osimhen is now a sure contender for APOY

Post by Damunk »

Without a doubt. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:10 am Only Mahrez will pose a challenge to him winning the APOY title if City win the Premier League title as is looking likely at this point, but Osimhen has contributed far more to the title run of Napoli compared to Mahrez who plays for the best team in Europe.

Osimhen, Mahrez, Hakimi? and maybe Partey are the contenders with Osimhen looking the strongest candidate to win it
Partey ko party ni.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:22 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:10 am Only Mahrez will pose a challenge to him winning the APOY title if City win the Premier League title as is looking likely at this point, but Osimhen has contributed far more to the title run of Napoli compared to Mahrez who plays for the best team in Europe.

Partey ko party ni.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na Partey After Partery. Next dem go mention Kudus :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Partey ko party ni.

CAF organizers will throw in Partey just to make up numbers considering his form for the better part of the season at Arsenal, but we all know it's between Osimhen and Mahrez with Osimhen looking the more likely winner all things considered.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I dont trust CAF. They will give it to Mamma's boy Hakimi.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:35 am I dont trust CAF. They will give it to Mamma's boy Hakimi.
Yeah the Morocco's world cup Cinderella campaign might favor Hakimi, but Osimhen is still in good standing even if PSG win the Ligue 1...that's why I really hope NFF get their $#% together so we can have a team capable of winning the AFCON next year, but corrupt fools like Gusau and his cronies might just f**k everything up with their criminal player selections (assuming the APOY event will be held next year).
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver the eternal loser wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:28 am

Partey ko party ni.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na Partey After Partery. Next dem go mention Kudus :rotf:
Do you see now why you should have supported Arsenal, you gwunt!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:55 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:35 am I dont trust CAF. They will give it to Mamma's boy Hakimi.
Yeah the Morocco's world cup Cinderella campaign might favor Hakimi, but Osimhen is still in good standing even if PSG win the Ligue 1...that's why I really hope NFF get their $#% together so we can have a team capable of winning the AFCON next year, but corrupt fools like Gusau and his cronies might just f**k everything up with their criminal player selections (assuming the APOY event will be held next year).
It doesn’t seem like the majority of CEs here have much faith in the new, improved NFF.
Oh dear….. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:57 pm
It doesn’t seem like the majority of CEs here have much faith in the new, improved NFF.
Hakimi does have a strong case. Importantly, he has done that in the colors of an African team. Of course, one has a soft spot for Osimhen and he has a chance given the way this AFOY had been awarded in the past. ...But IMHO, this ASFOY should be given to achievement made in the shirt of an African team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Partey ko party ni.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Should be a strong contender to win it!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Victor deserves it for sure - I think its between himself and Hakimi.

The rest na no shi shi..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Hakimi's scandal (rape accusation not divorce gossip) hurts him a little. But Morocco's run has to be rewarded in a way. Victor needs to do some great stuff in the next few international windows to make it official.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:03 pm
Hakimi does have a strong case. Importantly, he has done that in the colors of an African team. Of course, one has a soft spot for Osimhen and he has a chance given the way this AFOY had been awarded in the past. ...But IMHO, this ASFOY should be given to achievement made in the shirt of an African team.
I agree! The player of the year award should be handed to the player who performed in 3 weeks :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When it was George Weah and Yaya Toure, Nigerians were twerking. But now its a Nigerian, Nigerians are telling us that we should look at the Jersey the player wore for 3 weeks. Damnnn! I wont lie, I love this country, but I despise its people. Tufiakwa!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They are mentioning a loser like Partey, whose team was 8 points clear but threw the league awayl and not even one person here has mentioned Chukwueze, who is having a stormer season.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

A Moroccan is getting it for sure, Victor will come third after Sane (AFCON winner).
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:03 pm
It is actually the African player of the year , 12 months running . that involves club and country . We cannot pick the best player from Africa whereby you only play a max of 6 to 8 games in a calendar year.

Mikel won Champs, League FA cup, AFCON , Europa and finished 2nd to Yaya Toure in the 2012/2013 season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Surely between Osi v Mahrez.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Crazy Napoli Dressing Room Celebrations After Winning The Scudetto For The First Time In 33 Years
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:13 pm When it was George Weah and Yaya Toure, Nigerians were twerking. But now its a Nigerian, Nigerians are telling us that we should look at the Jersey the player wore for 3 weeks. Damnnn! I wont lie, I love this country, but I despise its people. Tufiakwa!
Danfo

I don't know about what Nigerians have been stating on those cases but I have and will always believe that the African footballer of the year should be based on what you do when putting on the shirt of an African team. Napoli is not an African team. Morocco is. This is precisely the problem when Aubemeyang was crowned AFOY and last year a player who did not play a second for an African club or country was named by CAF on the best XI of the tear. That is just not it. I am not going to rubbish that basic principle because a Nigerian is involved in this case.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:03 pmHakimi does have a strong case. Importantly, he has done that in the colors of an African team. Of course, one has a soft spot for Osimhen and he has a chance given the way this AFOY had been awarded in the past. ...But IMHO, this ASFOY should be given to achievement made in the shirt of an African team.

What sort of warped logic is this?!?? Does a player stop being African when he wears a club jersey? That makes no sense at all. The African Player of the Year could not be more explicit on what the award is about.

If you want to set up another award titled The African Player of the Period Where He is Wearing the Shirt of an African Team, please go for it. But the APOY is not that award.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!