AYo Akinfe, MI5, and their Cohorts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
Re: AYo Akinfe, MI5, and their Cohorts

Post by African Star »

Robbynice wrote:Why do you guys want so bad for Nigeria to fail? I mean I don't get it. Take Ayo for example, he could not even wait for the referee to blow the final whistle before he writing out his customary 10 pointers as to why Nigeria lost the game yesterday. As if that was not bad enough he posted at the Cameroonian forum. Look my people, the SE and Nigeria is bigger and greater than your hidden agendas. At the overlong run we will all suffer the consequences. I will implore you guys to get on the SE bandwagon CCC or not. The SE needs all the support they can get right now.
Rob Nice, nobody on this forum wants the SE to fail, the problem is that fans like you and Itatex among others still think that the SE can overcome the ineptitude of the NFA and their actions. Nigeria was supposed to rebuild the SE, was supposed to hire a competent coach, was suppose to prepare the new team by playing friendlies and having camps during FIFA open dates, etc, etc.

None of those things were done, absolutely none. While teams like Cameroon, Senegal, Tunisia and Morroco where quietly playing friendlies and training, the SE either sat idle on open dates or played with second and third tier teams. It has been two years since the WC debacle and nothing remotely resembling stability or a concrete plan has been laid out for 2006. England, Cameroon and many other nations already have their coaches and plans in place for 2006 and are slowly building towards it.

meanwhile the SE had the most ramshackle preparations for this ANC with players strolling casually into camp at odd times. Nothing meaningfull was accomplished in Faro, nothing meaningfull was accomplished before that and nothing meaningfull has been accomplished since 1998.

But you still want people to blindly support the SE, fans like you who ignore the problems and blindly support the SE, hoping for miracles are the ones who are responsible for this debacle. When people complain here about the problems way before hand, you dismiss them and say the SE will revail, Morroco sucks, Cameroon sucks, everybody sucks but Nigeria and when they don't win you go start to cry. It's to late to do anything now, Rome was not built in a day, preparations should have been made for this tourney at the end of the last ANC but nothing was done, so what do you expect, a miracle???? My fren, you cannot become a college graduate without first going to primary and secondary school.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Robby I guess we are just tired of the way our soccer is run.We know we have the talents and that just makes it worse.Patriotism is good but should not be blind to crazy administration and ineptitude.I have said that the days of hoping we can pull of miracles in the face of horrendous preparation are long gone and unless we start to prepare our teams the way we should this is going to be a very painful trend.God help Nigerian football!!!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

I trust Robbynice to avoid this thread.....

Nice one African Star well said...
Last edited by MI5 on Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
khalela

Post by khalela »

I wrote this in an earlier thread and I think this explains why we have no faith.

When was the last time Nigeria lost an opening game at a Nations Cup – in 1990 when Westerhof’s team of rookies lost their discipline against the hosts Algeria and were hammered. But they dusted themselves up and got to the final. I can not see this team doing that. Yet this is an infinitely more talented side. How come?

During the Atlanta Olympic Games I was a lone voice in the wilderness shouting myself hoarse and praying fervently that we should not get any success out of it. Unfortunately we won the gold and ever since we have gotten worse as a nation. Everything that Clemens Westerhof got rid of from the national team came back. And like the demons in the Holy bible they came back seven times worse than before. As a footballing nation we have never managed success well. Other nations build on it; we tend to plummet after every success. After the nations cup win in ’80 we jettisoned more than half of the team that won it and were knocked out in the group stages two years later with a team incredibly different from the winning team. Nduka Ugbade led a team of 'young' boys to China and won the maiden U-16 world cup: cue disaster as everything and everybody wanted to play for the U-16 team; the national team suffering. What people forget today is that we won the gold medal at Atlanta because we had the most experienced team at the games. In our delirium, we felt we were now good enough to win the world cup irrespective of planning.

I thought that after the shambles that was the last world cup we would have decided that enough was enough. Alas no! The charlatans are still calling the shots and we must plunder on in darkness while all around us bask in the luminous light of progress. Oh! that Ibrahim Babaginda ruled Nigeria as steadfastly as he was in making sure that the Dutchman stayed on till his contract ended in ’94. For there were many who attempted to derail that programme: Step forward some big names and those shameless journalists who collected brown envelopes and wrote nonsense so that the man could be sacked. The worrying thing is that most of those people are still in there making decisions.

I am Ibo from Abia state. I say this because the next statement I am going to make as we are a nation of tribal sentiments first: Christian Chukwu is the worst coach ever to have handled the senior national team. And in this present squad Nwankwo Kanu has no business whatsoever there. Chukwu was one of my earliest childhood heroes as he captained Rangers – the team I supported as a boy and still support. However, as a coach he is so clueless it is embarrassing. I remember vividly that in 1985 or thereabout he nearly got Rangers relegated when he was in charge. I gave up on him then and the games he took charge of during the Westerhof era never convinced. In fact those games exposed him the more: The game in Enugu in ’93 against Gabon was abject.

Kanu is a shadow of the player that shone at the Atlanta games. For that reason he does not deserve to play for our national team. For a player masquerading as a striker his goal scoring record for the team is appalling.

All of these would be irrelevant if the people in the NFA and the sports ministry had gotten us a foreign coach. As it is voiced in sporting circles here in England “who would not like to work with talent that Nigeria has". It tore at my heart watching Nigeria’s laboured build up against Morrocco while we had the pace of Utaka, Yakubu and Julius upfront. What sensible coach will play Okocha in a defensive mid-field role? Compounding the folly by asking a rampaging forward like Yakubu to play wide left!

We are still patriotic to the S.E. and indeed the country. We only want our house to be cleaned up.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

i remember saying it b4. it'll take a miracle or something else i haven't found a name for that make us a formidable force in this competition

had some of u listened to me...........
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

yettycom, because say you be fine girl I will say this nicely. I beg go siddon somewhere jare make man hear word. :wink: