After yesterday Debacle are they watching tapes of SA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
After yesterday Debacle are they watching tapes of SA

Post by MI5 »

After yesterdays debacle and all that took place which i expected since i knew Badou Zaki prepared very well for us and also a lot of people have forgotten that he had played against Nigeria in the past, former African footballer of the year, and at one time he was the best keeper in Africa in the 80's all the way to the early 90's...Impressive...

Does CCC have the personality and character to rise above this and challenge the team to step up their game? Instead of all this training two times a day training which has become a norm and naija soccer and a useless trend have the coaches and team bothered to setup a TV/VCR in a conference room of where they are staying and watch how they played yesterday to see what they did right or did wrong in other to make adjustments and prepare very well against SA? Do they have any current tapes and yesterdays game of SA vs Benin where they can see how the current SA looks and prepare them from there or is it the useless training they are going to embark on? As this might be the last run for JJ, Kanu, Lawal and other key members on the team, do they have the spirit, fire, passion, fervour, emotion, sense or urgency, character, desire and everything they've got in them to beat SA? we shall see on Saturday....stay tuned for more....
Last edited by MI5 on Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

I hope they are watching. Somebody better contact Eze to pass on the info. to master CCC because if he fork up again, I will just........! :evil:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

MI5:
The S Africans are some dangerous customers. Extremely skillful and quick. I am not so sure that even the Moroccans can beat them!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Nobody is watching SA. Even if they watched them, they wouldn't know what to do.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

M15,

The big question is what impact will watching these games make on CCC? CCC tactical awarness is zero.

Lets take coach Zaki for instance, he starts the game with a young a fit Jaziri leaving the likes of Haggi on the bench. Based on the flow of the game then decides to make the very unpopular decision of taking off his main attraction and attacking force to introduce Haggi. Haggi then bags the winning goal.

CCC on the other hand starts a languid Kanu and 2 attackers as wingers??!!??

As the saying goes you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Watch all he wants CCC will still start Kanu in the next game.

Cheers
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

YUJAM,

Yujam yes and i saw their game against Benin yesterday and even though Benin had their chances poor finishing cost them but once SA got into their groove after the PK miss they didn't let go....
Soldier of Fortune...
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

SA is beatable! The Benin forwards ran circles around them and where only let down by some poor finishing.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Mr Shows,

You said it well since from day one CCC only relies on players individual efforts to get the job done and always leaves it to the players to do it and takes the credit...

Yes watching tapes or scouting their next opponents has never been part of naija soccer from day one, i don't expect it to change anytime soon...
Soldier of Fortune...
Striker
Egg
Egg

Post by Striker »

Why do we watch tapes ?
To spot weakness/strong hold in any game, point it to players and tell them how to correct it. If you see a striker out there who seems to be wrecking crew, put someone on him (the idea here is to disrupt his game), frustrate him any which way. Watch how people players turn when they get the ball, some players have a particular way or side they usually turn, put some one on them and demand that he does not allow the particular player to make such turn when he got the ball. You can ask one or two players to do the teams dirty work and if possible pick up a yellow card. The job at hand is to disrupt the best player in the team. When you disrupt a good player, he gets mad and angry. and becomes and average player. there is more to watching a tape.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Watching SA would only confuse CCC more
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Dodo wrote:Watching SA would only confuse CCC more
:P :P :P :P
kumap
Egg
Egg

Post by kumap »

Dodo wrote:Watching SA would only confuse CCC more
I quite agree with you and cic old boy.

CCC is clueless.
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

he better be scouting the SA he is already walking a thin line with naija supporters!!!! and the nations cup!!!! :evil:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!