I Watched this game live Team Ronaldinho vs Team Roberto Carlos (feat. Jay Jay Okocha)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theDunamis
Egg
Egg
The things this legend would have cooked for Osimhen...

Post by theDunamis »

Jay Jay has more talent in one toe than many a footballer can ever dream of having in their entire being. Jay Jay is football at its purest and most beautiful best. :D :D :clap:

Even Rene "the scorpion" Higuita was like "no mas". :lol: :lol: :lol: While Il Fenomeno was thoroughly enjoying the show. :D :D :D

theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: The things this legend would have cooked for Osimhen...

Post by Agbako »

Jokes apart if this man skin is White, they will build a monument of him in every city he has played in all over this World. There is none like him with the ball. NONE... Not even Pele da Great. Yes I said it.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Austin Okocha scores

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Watched this game live Team Ronaldinho vs Team Roberto Carlos (feat. Jay Jay Okocha)

Post by furiously frank »

I was in that stadium 2 weeks ago watching Orlando v Colorado Rapids. Soccer fans in Orlando Sabi how to party
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Watched this game live Team Ronaldinho vs Team Roberto Carlos (feat. Jay Jay Okocha)

Post by bushboy »

A glorified ball juggler.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It was a surreal game as Vinicius signed autographs, took selfies with his phone, and chatted to fans (while the game was being played).
Vinicius (unsurprisingly) was the best player on the pitch.

Secondly, WTF was Nigerian coach Jose Peseiro doing there?! :shock:
He was coaching Roberto Carlos' team.

Age has not been kind to Ronaldo. It was so sad to see the state of him. Once the best player in the world who was untouchable in his prime. Now he is so rotund and out of shape that he could not play. I was worried that him sitting in the stands might cause the stadium 🏟 to collapse.

Roberto Carlos at least managed to start the game before he got so knackered after 5 minutes (yes, really) that he substituted himself off the field.

Ronaldinho was about as mobile as a statue. At least his extraordinary touch and technique have not deserted him.

It says much for 50yo Okocha that he was the second best player on the pitch, even though current pros such as Dybala, Willian, Militao, and Nani (who was so anonymous that he may as well be retired) were playing.

There was a moment in the first half after 30 minutes where Okocha went around the GK Higuita, and instead of going for goal, did a Rabona and squared the ball for Cafu to score. A young person who never saw Okocha playing in his prime may think he did that to showboat in a meaningless exhibition match. However, Okocha did such things during his competitive career: in Champions League, Premier League, and UEFA Cup matches against midfield killers like Roy Keane, Paddy Vieira, Bouba Diop, and Geremi.

If Okocha was still playing today, how much would his transfer fee be in today's inflated market where defenders and GKs are being sold for 70-80 million?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

VINDICATED

I once said on this forum, a few years ago, that JJ wouldn't look out of place in any collection of 11 of the best players in the world. Glad to be proved right.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: The things this legend would have cooked for Osimhen...

Post by Bell »

Agbako wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:20 am Jokes apart if this man skin is White, they will build a monument of him in every city he has played in all over this World. There is none like him with the ball. NONE... Not even Pele da Great. Yes I said it.

AGREED

It was so sad to see JJ doing his thing on second and third tier sides with such obvious talent. The big clubs acted as though they didn't know about him.
Bell
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:20 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:06 pm That JJ signature move still works! It will still work until the end of time! :thumbs: More reliable than US treasuries! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Why each and every one of our lazy players don't add this move to their repertoire beats me.
i do that move a lot, however my ankle still never fully recover :clap: :clap:
C'mon, gimme a break! Stop lying to yourself :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Some of you are told for old antics..Lets celebrate these players while they are here
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^