BREAKING: NFF Extends Peseiro's Contract..........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING: NFF Extends Peseiro's Contract..........

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:46 am Those dodgy call ups lead to DNQ for a common AFCON.

And then we missed the one after that as well. Remember Keshi even tried to hang on to the job after failing to qualify for AFCON.

That type of corruption will always come back to haunt you. I am sure you guys were proud we failed to qualify for back to back AFCONS. The worst failure in SE history.
Dude let Keshi rest in peace. He won the afcon 2013 and was a dodgy ref away from beating France. Pissero does not come close. With Pissero onboard i know for sure we aint dong jack at the AFCONs. Dude is still calling up deadweights like Musa yet you defend him. Keshi got rid of deadweights when he took over. Show some respect.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They can’t legally let him go without paying what they owe him because if he reports them to FIFA they risk being sanctioned.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:46 am Those dodgy call ups lead to DNQ for a common AFCON.

And then we missed the one after that as well. Remember Keshi even tried to hang on to the job after failing to qualify for AFCON.

That type of corruption will always come back to haunt you. I am sure you guys were proud we failed to qualify for back to back AFCONS. The worst failure in SE history.
You hit the nail on the head. Corruption might work for a while but it would eventually lead to disaster. It was downhill from the AFCON win starting from the Confederation Cup and the two DNQ AFCONs.

Any coach who intentionally takes an injured player to a tournament knowing that he had no chance of playing deserves to be called out even if he won the tournament. It is criminal.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:44 am

You hit the nail on the head. Corruption might work for a while but it would eventually lead to disaster. It was downhill from the AFCON win starting from the Confederation Cup and the two DNQ AFCONs.

Any coach who intentionally takes an injured player to a tournament knowing that he had no chance of playing deserves to be called out even if he won the tournament. It is criminal.
Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

Players hide the extent of the injury all the time. And coaches are faced with a fitness clock battle.

You guys are so disingenuous. You forget what led to the DNQ. The culprit was Pinnick. He was bent on sabotaging Keshi from get-go until he could have a pretext to have him fired.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:10 pm

Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

Players hide the extent of the injury all the time. And coaches are faced with a fitness clock battle.

You guys are so disingenuous. You forget what led to the DNQ. The culprit was Pinnick. He was bent on sabotaging Keshi from get-go until he could have a pretext to have him fired.
I don't care about names. All our coaches have been guilty of dodgy callups and side business. But I won't keep quiet about one coach who committed the number one sin just because he won AFCON.

Reuben Gabriel did not hide his injury. He was injured before the final selection and was still included in the team, when the medical team made it clear he would not be fit until well after the tournament ends. You think I am talking about hearsay or what I read on social media? Disingenuous ko, Dishonourable ni. That's the right word for what transpired.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

I don't care about names. All our coaches have been guilty of dodgy callups and side business. But I won't keep quiet about one coach who committed the number one sin just because he won AFCON.

Reuben Gabriel did not hide his injury. He was injured before the final selection and was still included in the team, when the medical team made it clear he would not be fit until well after the tournament ends. You think I am talking about hearsay or what I read on social media? Disingenuous ko, Dishonourable ni. That's the right word for what transpired.
focus on buhari and stop deceiving yourself as if you have any clue when it comes to football.. rant and rave is that way
viewforum.php?f=7
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

I remember Raheem Lawal going ballistic on Keshi for dropping him while accommodating the injured Gabriel Reuben.
I also remember Bonfrere Jo including injured players like Amokachi, Amunike and Raphael Chukwu in his 2000 AFCON squad
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

Since you are not in the business of hearsay, who was Reuben Gabriel's benefactor and Godfather?

You all act like you don't know how this process works.

The NFF uses ALL tournaments to market players and make money. They tell the coach the number of players they can have on the team and the number that will be reserved as 'quota' for the NFF officials. It is not a secret. Everyone knows this.

When Amaju Pinnick took over the first thing he did was to fight Keshi and undermine him because he wanted to hire his own coach.

Keshi won the AFCON with Aminu Maigari as NFF President. And the only way Pinnick was to replace Keshi was to undermine Keshi when he took over in September 2014 which resulted in missing out on AFCON back-to-back years.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:01 pm

Keshi won the AFCON with Aminu Maigari as NFF President. And the only way Pinnick was to replace Keshi was to undermine Keshi when he took over in September 2014 which resulted in missing out on AFCON back-to-back years.
what a bunch of nonsense.

So it was Pinnick who forced Keshi to fill half his squad with junk, a practice of his that started well before Pinnick was NFF boss.

We failed because Keshi filled his team with junk and the starters got comfortable because they had no competition, and they knew the bench was filled with hey yous that were there for marketing purposes only.

We saw this happen in real time when Onazi got injured vs France only to be replaced by an injured Reuben whom they were hyping as the next Yaya Toure.

Our failure was on Keshi, and whichever NFF were acting along with him, BEFORE PINNICK WAS APPOINTED.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:45 pm

what a bunch of nonsense.

So it was Pinnick who forced Keshi to fill half his squad with junk, a practice of his that started well before Pinnick was NFF boss.

We failed because Keshi filled his team with junk and the starters got comfortable because they had no competition, and they knew the bench was filled with hey yous that were there for marketing purposes only.

We saw this happen in real time when Onazi got injured vs France only to be replaced by an injured Reuben whom they were hyping as the next Yaya Toure.

Our failure was on Keshi, and whichever NFF were acting along with him, BEFORE PINNICK WAS APPOINTED.
Ok!

What has Pinnick won post Keshi?

The thing is that you won't see reason with either Keshi or Amodu. Pinnick came and sided with you... the rest is history.
Have a modicum of humility and acknowledge that you were wrong on both of them.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

Since you are not in the business of hearsay, who was Reuben Gabriel's benefactor and Godfather?

The NFF uses ALL tournaments to market players and make money. They tell the coach the number of players they can have on the team and the number that will be reserved as 'quota' for the NFF officials. It is not a secret. Everyone knows this.

When Amaju Pinnick took over the first thing he did was to fight Keshi and undermine him because he wanted to hire his own coach.

My, oh, my :ohmy: , it's going to be hard to take you seriously going forward with this statement. :?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:44 pm

My, oh, my :ohmy: , it's going to be hard to take you seriously going forward with this statement. :?
Who gives a toss if you take me seriously or not?
We missed 2015 and 2017 AFCON.

Go take yourself seriously. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Care to name them so we can independently verify and check their records?
Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:04 pm
joao wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:51 pm So, not one of the ITKs for CE applied for the job?
I hope they will let the cook do him job, instead of saying 'add some pepper here, and a little salt there'.
Do you think they would hire a Naijarian?

On this board are licensed coaches and top administrators. Do you think a WOWO will hire them?
Or like with our diaspora players, NFF will only get interested in them when another country shows interest?
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:35 am

Uncle, he is right. You are rewriting history. People were calling for Keshi's head before Pinnick became President. Pinnick did not undermine Keshi. I was in Nigeria shortly after pinnick was appointed and when Keshi was suspended. In fact Pinnicks statement then was that he asked Keshi to go on refresher course and he refused. I reported the channels TV interview here. Keshi tried to use his relationship with GEJ to frustrate Nigeria. We were all here when all these transpired.

Even the ANC we won was mainly because of luck of the draw. The only credible team we beat in that tournament was Ivory coast with partly retired Drogba. We were horrible and struggled to beat Madagascar in the group stages. We beat Madagascar twice to win that tournament. We actually need to stop using that 2013 AFCOn as some proof of our quality then. We were horrible under Keshi.

Having said that, RIP to coach Keshi.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:07 am

Uncle, he is right. You are rewriting history. People were calling for Keshi's head before Pinnick became President. Pinnick did not undermine Keshi. I was in Nigeria shortly after pinnick was appointed and when Keshi was suspended. In fact Pinnicks statement then was that he asked Keshi to go on refresher course and he refused. I reported the channels TV interview here. Keshi tried to use his relationship with GEJ to frustrate Nigeria. We were all here when all these transpired.

Even the ANC we won was mainly because of luck of the draw. The only credible team we beat in that tournament was Ivory coast with partly retired Drogba. We were horrible and struggled to beat Madagascar in the group stages. We beat Madagascar twice to win that tournament. We actually need to stop using that 2013 AFCOn as some proof of our quality then. We were horrible under Keshi.

You have just told a while and shameful lie. We never ever played Madagascar. We played , Burkina( the finalist) we played the defending Champs, and we played CIV..why tell a lie. Peacnick wanted to sabotage KEshi so he can hire his WOWO
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He is right.

We need to stop using that 2013 afcon win as the standard. Football has long moved on.

We see people using 2013 to advocate for homebased players, even though 2013 was won with mostly foreign based.

2013 afcon was a joke compared to today's standards. A 16 team tournament without

Senegal, Cameroon, Egypt

Algeria and Morocco were nowhere near as good as they are today.

The only credible opponents in that entire tournament were serial chokers CIV and Ghana.

Comparing that joke of a tournament to the 24 team afcon era is very disingenuous.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The point is, the only credible team we beat in the whole tournament was CIV. Burkina Faso, Madagascar, same difference!
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:17 am

You have just told a while and shameful lie. We never ever played Madagascar. We played , Burkina( the finalist) we played the defending Champs, and we played CIV..why tell a lie. Peacnick wanted to sabotage KEshi so he can hire his WOWO
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pathetic losers, the last time yalls Wowo massas won a cup for the SE was almost 30 years ago...smh
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are making mouth now but you didn't even come to the Mexico game. You just showed up in the parking lot for the turkey leg. Or you think we have forgotten. You don't show up for any Naija game in Hoauton. You didn't show up for any of the Falcone games.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:58 am

pathetic losers, the last time yalls Wowo massas won a cup for the SE was almost 30 years ago...smh
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:44 am You are making mouth now but you didn't even come to the Mexico game. You just showed up in the parking lot for the turkey leg. Or you think we have forgotten. You don't show up for any Naija game in Hoauton. You didn't show up for any of the Falcone games.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:58 am

Focus. You just ridiculed the 2013 Afcon saying it was rubbish agreeing with VE . You really no be am..smh... you cannot be redeemed
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

:taunt:

Bro, you think they don’t know the truth? They know but just refuse to acknowledge it!
I watched on SuperSports how the then NFF President, Maigari, blasted Keshi’s selection for the Confederations Cup and it was discussed on this forum. The 2014 WC squad was even worse and just before Nigeria’s first match in the 2018 WC, Mikel said the atmosphere in the 2014WC squad was the worst he has ever experienced in his time with the national team.
During our AFCON qualifiers against Sudan in Abuja, cries of “ Keshi out” by fans were heard all over the stadium but some want us to believe Pinnick rented the entire stadium to call for Keshi’s head!
Under Keshi we went from Good to bad to worse and no whitewashing can change the facts!!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

:taunt:

Bro, you think they don’t know the truth? They know but just refuse to acknowledge it!
I watched on SuperSports how the then NFF President, Maigari, blasted Keshi’s selection for the Confederations Cup and it was discussed on this forum. The 2014 WC squad was even worse and just before Nigeria’s first match in the 2018 WC, Mikel said the atmosphere in the 2014WC squad was the worst he has ever experienced in his time with the national team.
During our AFCON qualifiers against Sudan in Abuja, cries of “ Keshi out” by fans were heard all over the stadium but some want us to believe Pinnick rented the entire stadium to call for Keshi’s head!
Under Keshi we went from Good to bad to worse and no whitewashing can change the facts!!
I am happy
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:29 pm

Like Westerhoff?
Like Bonfere?
Like Bora?

I remember Raheem Lawal going ballistic on Keshi for dropping him while accommodating the injured Gabriel Reuben.
I also remember Bonfrere Jo including injured players like Amokachi, Amunike and Raphael Chukwu in his 2000 AFCON squad
Dude stop it, Amokachi was not part of the team and Amunike got injured in that tournament, in the second game. Chukwu scored the first goal against cameroon in the final, so how was he injured?