There are reports that Peseiro might be gone

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
There are reports that Peseiro might be gone

Post by Tobi17 »

According to a verified source

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: There are reports that Peseiro might be gone

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:17 am According to a verified source

Interesting but nothing shocks me in Naija football.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why does Amunike's name keep getting mentioned as a SE coach? He has not demonstrated that he is a good coach. I would rather Finidi and Bosso.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:06 pm Why does Amunike's name keep getting mentioned as a SE coach? He has not demonstrated that he is a good coach. I would rather Finidi and Bosso.
So you don’t want Yobo?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

They want to save money. :lol:

But Peseiro looks out of his depth.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:06 pm Why does Amunike's name keep getting mentioned as a SE coach? He has not demonstrated that he is a good coach. I would rather Finidi and Bosso.
Finidi!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:07 pm
Finidi!

We cannot have two chiefs. Pick one of Finidi or Bosso and let him pick his assistants.
Give the one, a term contract and 'stay away from the kitchen'.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Finidi!

We cannot have two chiefs. Pick one of Finidi or Bosso and let him pick his assistants.
Absolutely
Whether Finidi and Amuneke, Finidi and Bosso, or Amuneke and Bosso, it kind of suggests the lack of belief in one individual coach taking charge.

Been saying this for ever.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

As they say...

Finidi has proven to be "safe". He endured being part of the backroom staff without a contract or payment. His patience, tolerance, and infinite understanding of the system makes him more manageable. He won't ask for AJAX stadium level of grass quality/cut. He is a son of the soil. He coached a local club. Familiar with the local environment. Local scouting should not be an issue.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Finally more energy being spent discussing potential replacements rather than the "just fire him" juvenile brigade we've had here in the past. Shortly before the ANC might not be a great idea, but if the replacement coach is currently embedded in the team then it could be a smoother transition. All this is a pipe dream until NFF confirms Paso is actually gone though. I think it's okay if they let him handle the ANC. A more prolonged camp like that will give him a chance to redeem himself or confirm what most already think of him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Finidi has approached his coaching career the right way. He obtained his coaching license and came home to hone his skills unlike some of his peers that came with the attitude that the SE coaching position is theirs because they played for the national team.

I think the most important attribute he will bring is that the Superstars in the team will respect him because he has done it all. He had a stellar club career and represented Nigeria at the highest level.

My only concern is that I didn't see Enyimba play "fantastic" football under him. Granted i only saw a couple of their games. This is why I think he is going to need someone like Bosso on his team if he is to be successful immediately. And Nigerians want immediate success. Even some here who have been waiting on miracles for 30 years to change their lives from living paycheck to paycheck want instant success from everyone else.

OJI wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:51 pm As they say...

Finidi has proven to be "safe". He endured being part of the backroom staff without a contract or payment. His patience, tolerance, and infinite understanding of the system makes him more manageable. He won't ask for AJAX stadium level of grass quality/cut. He is a son of the soil. He coached a local club. Familiar with the local environment. Local scouting should not be an issue.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If they are going to fire him , let him go now. The World cup qualifiers are starting in the fall on 2023
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:48 pm
joao wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Finidi!

Absolutely
Whether Finidi and Amuneke, Finidi and Bosso, or Amuneke and Bosso, it kind of suggests the lack of belief in one individual coach taking charge.

Been saying this for ever.
:agree: Even Amunike himself detest having too many head coaches in a coaching staff. He complained about it after the WCQ.

They want to force coaches with different coaching philosophies to work together. So, if Bosso is big on building from the midfield and Amunike can care less about midfield like so many of our past coacheE, you tell me how that’s going to work?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I said it after the SL game to fire Peseiro immediately after the match or give him a contract that will last from AFCON all the way to WCQ.

These guys in the NFF are idiots but they know what they are doing. The put out false information to the press that the coach have been extended, now when they fire him they will say the result of the poll came out and the public didn’t want him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, were you going to pay for the breach of contract if the NFF had listened to you then and fired him?
packerland wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:36 pm I said it after the SL game to fire Peseiro immediately after the match or give him a contract that will last from AFCON all the way to WCQ.

These guys in the NFF are idiots but they know what they are doing. The put out false information to the press that the coach have been extended, now when they fire him they will say the result of the poll came out and the public didn’t want him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: There are reports that Peseiro might be g

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is the time to make the change. We need to fix the defense and midfield,
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Let see what ex Alcon winner, Champions league winner can do. Give Finidi the job.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:53 pm Uncle, were you going to pay for the breach of contract if the NFF had listened to you then and fired him?

Uncle there is a way around it. You send him home like they do in the NBA and you put someone else in charge or you fire him and hope the court of arbitration will tell you to pay him his June salary or do a buyout. What we can’t do is dilly dallying for months on whether we want to keep him or hire another coach (foreign or local).
packerland wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:36 pm I said it after the SL game to fire Peseiro immediately after the match or give him a contract that will last from AFCON all the way to WCQ.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Personally i feel Finidi is the right man to take over the team, everything just ticks the boxes and aligns perfectly for him

He has worked with Peseiro and is already part of the team system

He just won the league with Enyimba and should be familiar with the local scene to scout for players

Finidi, Bosso and Amunike are our most prepared local coaches right now, all have been busy. Give any of them the NT job and provide all the support they need immediately
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

When will we ever learn that changing a coach a few months before a major tournament is a recipe for disaster? It has never worked out well for us, ever. Finidi is a sexy choice but he doesn’t have the time to grow a new team for Afcon, 3 games and a camp is all he likely has, not enough time to beat the very stable teams that are in contention for Afcon. Worst yet, if he fails we’ll then have to find another coach for the wcq that begins just months after Afcon.

Pesseiro has won 4 of 6 competitive games, Finidi is an assistant already. The best move is to keep the status quo and pay them on time. It’s only in Nigeria that an unpaid coach is replaced by an unpaid assistant. This is bonkers. You people wanted Rohr out 30 days before the last Afcon, h was replaced and it cost us the WC ticket.

BE WARNED! FIRING PESSEIRO WILL LIKELY COST US TO DROP EARLY POINTS IN THE WCQ .
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...make we continue to shoot ourselves in the collective foot.
Na we go dey limp for every qualifying match and minnows go dey embarrass us.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria cant win Afcon with Peseiro. So might as well make the change now to give the new coach to rebuild the team.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Our defense and midfield need major help. I dont think Pesiero is the right coach for Nigeria.