Lagos returns to the NPFL 23/24 Season - Sporting Lagos FC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lagos returns to the NPFL 23/24 Season - Sporting Lagos FC

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:27 pm
Sunset,

I am happy to read about this. I have long advocated for something like this to bring spectators back to the stands. There is need for others, not just Lagos, to be just as creative with shows (music, comedy, etc) that attract spectators and particularly family and women to the stands. This should also get the players up for the game with a large crowd instead of playing in empty stadium as if on the practice ground.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Good idea to fill the stadium. Hope they provide good security outside after the March.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sporting made some big signings that should improve their chances of survival in the league as they've been flirting with relegation after a solid start to the league. Most of them have NPFL experience while Jamil & Zaruma were part of our 2019 U20 NT.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Lolly wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:23 pm
Good idea to fill the stadium. Hope they provide good security outside after the March.
I actually attended this match.

They are doing a good job but the traffic was INSANE.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »