NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:03 pm
txj wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:21 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:30 pm Nigeria need to make decision is Peseiro the long term solution or not. If he is the guy. Give him a contract until after the world cup. I will support him even I dont like the decision. But if he is not, hire a new coach. Why would you plan to hire a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifiers.?

No they don't!

They have the AFCON as the perfect basis to do a comprehensive assessment and then decide whether to move forward with him or embark on a new project with a new manager.
He is not the guy for Nigeria. He was fired by Venezuela for poor performance. Make the change now. The new coach can use friendlies to get ready for qualifiers and Afcon. I want a young coach that is looking for an opportunity. The coach should live in Nigeria. Nigeria must have a good defense and midfield.
Pray tell which coach has made Venezuela perform well ?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:18 pm Uncle, why are you wasting your time. The person you are talking to knows the facts, but has chosen to set it aside.
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:15 pm He has coached Nigeria for 10 games and has lost 6 of them. Let that sink in. You can give every excuse you like, but that's the reality.

Rohr's record after his first 10 games was 7 wins 2 draws and 1 loss against far stronger opponents.
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:29 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:24 pm You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:54 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?
Adisboy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:03 pm

Stop including useless friendlies. You don't qualify for the world cup by winning friendlies. He's only lost 1 competitive match.
We will not be playing a single team the caliber of Portugal, Ecuador, Mexico, or Algeria to qualify.

Unless we draw Ghana which is a one in nine chance.

Again, nothing from the team I have seen under Peseiro suggests we won't qualify.

In fact the biggest obstacle for our qualification is the NFF.

Focus your attention there.
The person that is delusional is yourself. You aren't making any conclusions based on sound analysis.

We lost to Guinea Bissau. It was a FLUKE. We completely dominated that match. Had we been actually outplayed then I would be worried. These things happen.

No Nigerian team has ever had it easy with Sierra Leone. You should know that. You should also know that Sierra Leone drew against both Algeria and CIV at the last Afcon. No team in Africa will have it easy with them. For you to not know this, shows your lack of knowledge concerning African football.

Also with those friendly losses, with the exception of Portugal, we were not outplayed in any of those matches. 2 of those matches were the coaches first match in charge with a squad handicapped by the NFF. You seriously need perspective.
I tire for that guy! The same person that has been criticising the 442 the coach has been using.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:41 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:30 pm Nigeria need to make decision is Peseiro the long term solution or not. If he is the guy. Give him a contract until after the world cup. I will support him even I dont like the decision. But if he is not, hire a new coach. Why would you plan to hire a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifiers.?

No they don't!

They have the AFCON as the perfect basis to do a comprehensive assessment and then decide whether to move forward with him or embark on a new project with a new manager.
He is not the guy for Nigeria. He was fired by Venezuela for poor performance. Make the change now. The new coach can use friendlies to get ready for qualifiers and Afcon. I want a young coach that is looking for an opportunity. The coach should live in Nigeria. Nigeria must have a good defense and midfield.
Can a good coach elevate the play of Morocco to reach the semi finals of a world cup?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No they don't!

Can a good coach elevate the play of Morocco to reach the semi finals of a world cup?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No they don't!

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:18 pm Uncle, why are you wasting your time. The person you are talking to knows the facts, but has chosen to set it aside.
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:15 pm He has coached Nigeria for 10 games and has lost 6 of them. Let that sink in. You can give every excuse you like, but that's the reality.

Rohr's record after his first 10 games was 7 wins 2 draws and 1 loss against far stronger opponents.
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:29 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:24 pm You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:54 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?

We will not be playing a single team the caliber of Portugal, Ecuador, Mexico, or Algeria to qualify.

Unless we draw Ghana which is a one in nine chance.

Again, nothing from the team I have seen under Peseiro suggests we won't qualify.

In fact the biggest obstacle for our qualification is the NFF.

Focus your attention there.
The person that is delusional is yourself. You aren't making any conclusions based on sound analysis.

We lost to Guinea Bissau. It was a FLUKE. We completely dominated that match. Had we been actually outplayed then I would be worried. These things happen.

No Nigerian team has ever had it easy with Sierra Leone. You should know that. You should also know that Sierra Leone drew against both Algeria and CIV at the last Afcon. No team in Africa will have it easy with them. For you to not know this, shows your lack of knowledge concerning African football.

Also with those friendly losses, with the exception of Portugal, we were not outplayed in any of those matches. 2 of those matches were the coaches first match in charge with a squad handicapped by the NFF. You seriously need perspective.
I tire for that guy! The same person that has been criticising the 442 the coach has been using.
He has switched to 433 the last 2 games.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:59 pm

No they don't!

Yes.

But what does that have to do with Venezuela ?

They will be crap no matter who is coaching them.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So what is the point in hiring a coach that can't improve the team. I would rather give the job to Finidi George. Let see what be can do. Young coach with new ideas. Has already won the loca league. He knows Nigeria. And if Finidi was English he would be overqualified for their senior team coaching job.

Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:10 am So what is the point in hiring a coach that can't improve the team. I would rather give the job to Finidi George. Let see what be can do. Young coach with new ideas. Has already won the loca league. He knows Nigeria. And if Finidi was English he would be overqualified for their senior team coaching job.

Finidi is Peserio's number 2. It will make sense for him to be considered WHEN Peserio has finished his assignment. This assignment is the 2023 AFCON. Also if Peserio meets his targets in that competition (i hear is getting to the semis) then he will get a 2 year extention which he should take but if he falls short of that target then he can then be let go and maybe Finidi considered. That should be the sane process to follow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:47 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:10 am So what is the point in hiring a coach that can't improve the team. I would rather give the job to Finidi George. Let see what be can do. Young coach with new ideas. Has already won the loca league. He knows Nigeria. And if Finidi was English he would be overqualified for their senior team coaching job.

Finidi is Peserio's number 2. It will make sense for him to be considered WHEN Peserio has finished his assignment. This assignment is the 2023 AFCON. Also if Peserio meets his targets in that competition (i hear is getting to the semis) then he will get a 2 year extention which he should take but if he falls short of that target then he can then be let go and maybe Finidi considered. That should be the sane process to follow.

Nigeria is issuing targets to coach’s as though they have a world class team and facilities. How can a team that can’t afford to pay its coaching staff expect to get to the semis? Has it ever happened before?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:47 am

He has finished his assignment. Time to move on.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will always call am like I see am. Nigeria should have hired a long term coach in July 2023. Everything I predicted has now come true. It is a shame. We got talent in abundance.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

wiseone wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:13 pm
I also think he will accept the offer if he doesnt get a better offer from another team which is highly likely.

If I were the NFF I would not bring him back. I would hire Finidi or Amunike. Help them assemble a strong back room staff and trainers. Also need to replace the team doctor after the Sadiq Umar mishap.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

I be think sey, with all the noise, him go don sign new contract with another country or club....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim