NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Explains that Peseiro's Contract not yet expired......

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:03 pm
My own is that If Peseiro gets another chance, I'll hope he takes tougher decisions and start to axe deadweights from the team ahead of the AFCON...there have been several reports that he intends to call up new players and retire some players so let's see what happens

Awwwww thats so cute of you. So innocent, so eye-wide... awww :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You clearly do NOT know Nigeria. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He has coached Nigeria for 10 games and has lost 6 of them. Let that sink in. You can give every excuse you like, but that's the reality.

Rohr's record after his first 10 games was 7 wins 2 draws and 1 loss against far stronger opponents.
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:29 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:24 pm You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:54 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?
Adisboy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:03 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:57 pm 4 wins and 6 losses in 10 games speaks otherwise!
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:56 pm

There is nothing about Peseiros team that suggests we would not qualify for the WC.

Let the NFF just do their part by providing proper pitches (apparently only Uyo is CAF approved) and let Peseiro pick ALL of his players.

Hiring a new coach and starting from scratch would give me more to worry about.
Stop including useless friendlies. You don't qualify for the world cup by winning friendlies. He's only lost 1 competitive match.
We will not be playing a single team the caliber of Portugal, Ecuador, Mexico, or Algeria to qualify.

Unless we draw Ghana which is a one in nine chance.

Again, nothing from the team I have seen under Peseiro suggests we won't qualify.

In fact the biggest obstacle for our qualification is the NFF.

Focus your attention there.
The person that is delusional is yourself. You aren't making any conclusions based on sound analysis.

We lost to Guinea Bissau. It was a FLUKE. We completely dominated that match. Had we been actually outplayed then I would be worried. These things happen.

No Nigerian team has ever had it easy with Sierra Leone. You should know that. You should also know that Sierra Leone drew against both Algeria and CIV at the last Afcon. No team in Africa will have it easy with them. For you to not know this, shows your lack of knowledge concerning African football.

Also with those friendly losses, with the exception of Portugal, we were not outplayed in any of those matches. 2 of those matches were the coaches first match in charge with a squad handicapped by the NFF. You seriously need perspective.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, why are you wasting your time. The person you are talking to knows the facts, but has chosen to set it aside.
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:15 pm He has coached Nigeria for 10 games and has lost 6 of them. Let that sink in. You can give every excuse you like, but that's the reality.

Rohr's record after his first 10 games was 7 wins 2 draws and 1 loss against far stronger opponents.
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:24 pm You are delusional. We lost to Guinea Bissau and struggled to barely beat Sierra Leone on a neutral ground and you think we can easily qualify for the World cup? You are basing your conclusion on hope, I am going by his record ... 4 wins, 6 losses!
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:48 pm So you think his record is 3 - 1 even though he has coached 10 games? Does that make sense to even you?
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:57 pm 4 wins and 6 losses in 10 games speaks otherwise!

Stop including useless friendlies. You don't qualify for the world cup by winning friendlies. He's only lost 1 competitive match.
We will not be playing a single team the caliber of Portugal, Ecuador, Mexico, or Algeria to qualify.

Again, nothing from the team I have seen under Peseiro suggests we won't qualify.

The person that is delusional is yourself. You aren't making any conclusions based on sound analysis.

We lost to Guinea Bissau. It was a FLUKE. We completely dominated that match. Had we been actually outplayed then I would be worried. These things happen.

No Nigerian team has ever had it easy with Sierra Leone. You should know that. You should also know that Sierra Leone drew against both Algeria and CIV at the last Afcon. No team in Africa will have it easy with them. For you to not know this, shows your lack of knowledge concerning African football.

Also with those friendly losses, with the exception of Portugal, we were not outplayed in any of those matches. 2 of those matches were the coaches first match in charge with a squad handicapped by the NFF. You seriously need perspective.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:51 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:03 pm
My own is that If Peseiro gets another chance, I'll hope he takes tougher decisions and start to axe deadweights from the team ahead of the AFCON...there have been several reports that he intends to call up new players and retire some players so let's see what happens

Awwwww thats so cute of you. So innocent, so eye-wide... awww :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You clearly do NOT know Nigeria. :lol:
My brother I know Nigeria enough but I still try to hang on to some shred of hope...at this point I'm just tired.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:15 pm He has coached Nigeria for 10 games and has lost 6 of them. Let that sink in. You can give every excuse you like, but that's the reality.

Which stronger opponents ?

Rohrs first 2 games were against Tanzania and Zambia.

Peseiros were against Mexico and Ecuador with homebased players imposed on him. Did that ever happen to Rohr ?

I just laugh at these twisting of facts. Let's be real that Rohr was lucky to have a prime Mikel and Onazi in midfield at that time, while SE midfield has been struggling ever since Mikel retired, through 3 coaches.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This will sink in at some point.

ROHR

Nigeria 1–0 Tanzania
Zambia 1–2 Nigeria
Nigeria 3–1 Algeria
Nigeria 4–0 Cameroon
Cameroon 1–1 Nigeria
Nigeria 1–0 Zambia
Algeria 1-1 Nigeria
Argentina 2–4 Nigeria IN Russia
Poland 0–1 Nigeria IN Poland
Nigeria 0–2 Serbia

PESEIRO

Ecuador 1 vs Nigeria 0

Nigeria 2 vs Sierra Leone 1

Sao Tome and Principe 0 vs Nigeria 10

Algeria 2 vs Nigeria 1

Costa Rica 2 vs Nigeria 0

Portugal 4 vs Nigeria 0

Nigeria 0 vs Guinea-Bissau 1

Guinea-Bissau 0 vs Nigeria 1

Sierra Leone 2 vs Nigeria 3

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:13 am

Peseiros were against Mexico and Ecuador with homebased players imposed on him. Did that ever happen to Rohr ?

I just laugh at these twisting of facts. Let's be real that Rohr was lucky to have a prime Mikel and Onazi in midfield at that time, while SE midfield has been struggling ever since Mikel retired, through 3 coaches.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:56 pm

There is nothing about Peseiros team that suggests we would not qualify for the WC.

Let the NFF just do their part by providing proper pitches (apparently only Uyo is CAF approved) and let Peseiro pick ALL of his players.

Hiring a new coach and starting from scratch would give me more to worry about.

1Naija is just being emotional. We have ALWAYS struggled against Sierra Leone. Remember 2001? A team comprising of our golden generation - Kanu, Oliseh, Okocha, Finidi, Babangida, etc lost to them in Freetown. He says we struggled to qualify? Now tell me how to rationalise winning 4 games out of 5 and qualifyinq before the last match can be classified as "struggling". Apart from the Portugal game & Guniea Bissau at home we have been good. We should have tied Algeria but for the clear 2nd goal that was disallowed. Guaranteed if this team plays the likes of Guniea Bissau & Sierra Leone again, we will still overcome. We talk as if we have ever had better results in qualification in our history.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:27 am This will sink in at some point.

ROHR

Nigeria 1–0 Tanzania
Zambia 1–2 Nigeria
Nigeria 3–1 Algeria
Nigeria 4–0 Cameroon
Cameroon 1–1 Nigeria
Nigeria 1–0 Zambia
Algeria 1-1 Nigeria
Nigeria 0–2 Serbia

PESEIRO

Ecuador 1 vs Nigeria 0

Algeria 2 vs Nigeria 1

Portugal 4 vs Nigeria 0

See your life! So Peseiro coached the Costa Rica game that was persecuted by 100% homebased players? Chei! This shows how you present your facts.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:21 pm CE knows I tell am like I see am. And I always give every coach a chance. I watched the Guinea Bissau game that wee lost in Nigeria. Ajayi and Bassey got the blame but it was the coach fault. The way they set up. The players didn't press. They had all day to pick the over the top pass that split the defense. I said that could be anomaly. Will give the coach another chance. Then I saw the team list. Looked at the defenders and midfield list. Realized this guy was not serious. The team defense and ymidfield was again a problem against Sierra Leone. He was fired at Venezuala because he could not elevate their game. I am not confident he can improve Nigeria. His contract has expired. Time to move on. Conduct interviews, announce the job vacancy. Establish a standard and hire based on that standard. No more failed journey men coaches. You don't fail upwards . Why is Nigeria promoting failures.
The same you that was in the USA and was running commentary on what was happening on presidential election day in Naija from what you saw saw through your room's window :scared: . Kwantinue :woot:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If the tenor of his contract of his contract was directly tied to the afcon, regardless of when it eventually holds, then his wages should have been fixed too. He shouldn't have his cake and eat it.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Keep making excuses. The only teams Peseiro has beaten as SE coach are Sao Tome (ranked 187), Sierra Leone (ranked 120), and Guinea Bissau (ranked 111). He has lost to every team ranked above 100 that he has played.

Rohr on the other hand beat Algeria (ranked 35 at the time) and Argentina (ranked 5th at the time). All the other teams he beat in hist first 10 games were top 50. The only team he lost to, Serbia, was ranked 35 at the time.

I am not advocating for Rohr, but it shows how piss por Peseiro has been. Nothing in his record suggest he can be better.
Adisboy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:47 am
1naija wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:27 am This will sink in at some point.

ROHR

Nigeria 1–0 Tanzania
Zambia 1–2 Nigeria
Nigeria 3–1 Algeria
Nigeria 4–0 Cameroon
Cameroon 1–1 Nigeria
Nigeria 1–0 Zambia
Algeria 1-1 Nigeria
Nigeria 0–2 Serbia

PESEIRO

Ecuador 1 vs Nigeria 0

Algeria 2 vs Nigeria 1

Portugal 4 vs Nigeria 0

See your life! So Peseiro coached the Costa Rica game that was persecuted by 100% homebased players? Chei! This shows how you present your facts.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria need to make decision is Peseiro the long term solution or not. If he is the guy. Give him a contract until after the world cup. I will support him even I dont like the decision. But if he is not, hire a new coach. Why would you plan to hire a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifiers.?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:30 pm Nigeria need to make decision is Peseiro the long term solution or not. If he is the guy. Give him a contract until after the world cup. I will support him even I dont like the decision. But if he is not, hire a new coach. Why would you plan to hire a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifiers.?
Do you think there is ever any long term planning or even thinking with the NFF ?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:26 pm Keep making excuses. The only teams Peseiro has beaten as SE coach are Sao Tome (ranked 187), Sierra Leone (ranked 120), and Guinea Bissau (ranked 111). He has lost to every team ranked above 100 that he has played.

Rohr on the other hand beat Algeria (ranked 35 at the time) and Argentina (ranked 5th at the time). All the other teams he beat in hist first 10 games were top 50. The only team he lost to, Serbia, was ranked 35 at the time.

I am not advocating for Rohr, but it shows how piss por Peseiro has been. Nothing in his record suggest he can be better.

So, are you saying we jumped from frying pan into fire? :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:30 pm Nigeria need to make decision is Peseiro the long term solution or not. If he is the guy. Give him a contract until after the world cup. I will support him even I dont like the decision. But if he is not, hire a new coach. Why would you plan to hire a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifiers.?

No they don't!

They have the AFCON as the perfect basis to do a comprehensive assessment and then decide whether to move forward with him or embark on a new project with a new manager.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It was time for Rohr to go. He could not have gotten us to the next level even if he stayed on for another 10 years. Peseiro on the other hand, is just not the right person for the job. His record does not suggest he can get us to the first level talkless the next level.
Cellular wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:18 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:26 pm Keep making excuses. The only teams Peseiro has beaten as SE coach are Sao Tome (ranked 187), Sierra Leone (ranked 120), and Guinea Bissau (ranked 111). He has lost to every team ranked above 100 that he has played.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:21 pm

No they don't!

They have the AFCON as the perfect basis to do a comprehensive assessment and then decide whether to move forward with him or embark on a new project with a new manager.
You and I know he is NOT it.

I don't know what you guys need to come to a certainty that he is not it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:23 pm It was time for Rohr to go. He could not have gotten us to the next level even if he stayed on for another 10 years. Peseiro on the other hand, is just not the right person for the job. His record does not suggest he can get us to the first level talkless the next level.

We finally agree on something. :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you are finally admitting that you have been wrong on everything till now? :D
Cellular wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:25 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:23 pm It was time for Rohr to go. He could not have gotten us to the next level even if he stayed on for another 10 years. Peseiro on the other hand, is just not the right person for the job. His record does not suggest he can get us to the first level talkless the next level.

We finally agree on something. :D :taunt:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:24 pm

No they don't!

You and I know he is NOT it.

I don't know what you guys need to come to a certainty that he is not it.

An actual competition.
Anything outside that for a country that does not have an actual MNT football program is MERE GUESSWORK.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:57 pm
Do you think there is ever any long term planning or even thinking with the NFF ?
well that has to change.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No they don't!

He is not the guy for Nigeria. He was fired by Venezuela for poor performance. Make the change now. The new coach can use friendlies to get ready for qualifiers and Afcon. I want a young coach that is looking for an opportunity. The coach should live in Nigeria. Nigeria must have a good defense and midfield.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...confusion galore in a house cards.