Kelechi Nwakali…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It appears Kelechi Nwakali has been signed by Portuguese Primeira Liga club G,D. Chaves from relegated Spanish side Ponferradina. Hopefully, this is the beginning of better things to come for the lad. Kudos❗️

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/07/ ... sion-side/

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by Tobi17 »

I saw the report earlier and I was thanking God, this lad is too talented to waste away in obscure clubs. I hope this will mark a new phase in his career
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ope ooooo! Some did he didn't deserve a call because he plays in the 2nd div. Well o well, the bot has moved up and some have moved down to the 2nd div. I wonder if the dame will apply to the new 2nd div players. :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:09 pm I saw the report earlier and I was thanking God, this lad is too talented to waste away in obscure clubs. I hope this will mark a new phase in his career
Nwakali should start ahead of Ndidi and Aribo now since they're both low league players. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

For the life of me, I can’t fathom how Nwakali’s career stalled the way it did for so long. There is no doubt in my mind that he’s an exceptional talent. Every time I’ve watched him play, he’s given a very good account of himself, particularly in that friendly between Nigeria B and Atletico Madrid. He was one of the better players on the pitch. Now that he’s finally broken through to top tier football, I believe that if given the opportunity, he has all the tools to be as effective for us in midfield as Mikel was❗️

Cheers.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:40 pm For the life of me, I can’t fathom how Nwakali’s career stalled the way it did for so long. There is no doubt in my mind that he’s an exceptional talent. Every time I’ve watched him play, he’s given a very good account of himself, particularly in that friendly between Nigeria B and Atletico Madrid. He was one of the better players on the pitch. Now that he’s finally broken through to top tier football, I believe that if given the opportunity, he has all the tools to be as effective for us in midfield as Mikel was❗️

Cheers.
The highlighted is even too long ago. Just go back to last year at the nations cup. Rewatch the games, especially against Guniea Bissau, the dude was balling. If I were coach he will definitely be in my team, no question.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Adisboy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:12 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:40 pm For the life of me, I can’t fathom how Nwakali’s career stalled the way it did for so long. There is no doubt in my mind that he’s an exceptional talent. Every time I’ve watched him play, he’s given a very good account of himself, particularly in that friendly between Nigeria B and Atletico Madrid. He was one of the better players on the pitch. Now that he’s finally broken through to top tier football, I believe that if given the opportunity, he has all the tools to be as effective for us in midfield as Mikel was❗️

Cheers.
The highlighted is even too long ago. Just go back to last year at the nations cup. Rewatch the games, especially against Guniea Bissau, the dude was balling. If I were coach he will definitely be in my team, no question.
With Nwakali not only do we have deep playmaker but we also a good free kick and corner kick taker who actually helps defensively. To this day I believe he’s the missing link on our MF. I’m elated that he finally gets a chance in a decent league with a decent team. His new team finished 7th in Portugal last season, if they improve he could be playing Europa next yr. I’m so so happy for the real Kelechi. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For the life of me I cannot understand how Nwakali has just been forgotten, amongst a set of midfielders that are so mechanical apart from Iwobi and Aribo.

Surely Nwakali had done enough vs EG to at least be in the SE squads going forward. Surely he would have added to the squad more than the 4 to 5 strikers we had in some squads.

Before the usual suspects come and blame Peseiro (who has some of the blame, it's just piss poor and lazy scouting on his behalf)

How on earth did Egu, who saw him up close in Cameroon just dump him for the Ghana double header. It's a head scratcher. Or is there something to the "lazy player" reputation that Nwakali has gotten ?

Anyways hope he takes this opportunity and grabs his place among SE midfield, because we need him to be on point.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:11 pm It appears Kelechi Nwakali has been signed by Portuguese Primeira Liga club G,D. Chaves from relegated Spanish side Ponferradina. Hopefully, this is the beginning of better things to come for the lad. Kudos❗️

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/07/ ... sion-side/

Cheers.

This is great news. Kelechi Nwakali is a baller. No doubt about that. What has created doubt are the career opportunities he has had thus far. These have been far from suited to his doubtless talent and what he can bring to the table if afforded an enabling environment.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I’m praying that this guy succeeds, but something about him doesn’t feel right. I know sometimes he has that Mesut Ozil “I’ll jog while my teammates do the running” type of mentality. Arsenal gave up on him too easily which is unlike them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 am For the life of me I cannot understand how Nwakali has just been forgotten, amongst a set of midfielders that are so mechanical apart from Iwobi and Aribo.

Surely Nwakali had done enough vs EG to at least be in the SE squads going forward. Surely he would have added to the squad more than the 4 to 5 strikers we had in some squads.

Before the usual suspects come and blame Peseiro (who has some of the blame, it's just piss poor and lazy scouting on his behalf)

How on earth did Egu, who saw him up close in Cameroon just dump him for the Ghana double header. It's a head scratcher. Or is there something to the "lazy player" reputation that Nwakali has gotten ?

Anyways hope he takes this opportunity and grabs his place among SE midfield, because we need him to be on point.

Nwakali wasn't available for the World Cup qualifiers double-header against Ghana. You seem to have forgotten the embroglio that ensued between him and his clubside (Huesca) after the Nations Cup. There is no way that Eguavoen could have (or should have) called up an inactive player for those games against the Slack Stars.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

mystic wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:37 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 am For the life of me I cannot understand how Nwakali has just been forgotten, amongst a set of midfielders that are so mechanical apart from Iwobi and Aribo.

Nwakali wasn't available for the World Cup qualifiers double-header against Ghana. You seem to have forgotten the embroglio that ensued between him and his clubside (Huesca) after the Nations Cup. There is no way that Eguavoen could have (or should have) called up an inactive player for those games against the Slack Stars.

This is a positive one for our midfield. :clap: :clap:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If Musa can be called up while he was clubless, they could have called up a much more needed Nwakali.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:14 am

If Musa can be called up while he was clubless, they could have called up a much more needed Nwakali.

Rubbish! Two wrongs don't make a right. Just admit that you are wrong and stop digging.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

onovo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:31 am

We will see how it goes. I thought he was very good at the Nations Cup (still needs to be more physical though). I'm also looking forward to seeing the progress of Marcus Abraham at Porto.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

:agree:
mystic wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:28 am
onovo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:31 am

We will see how it goes. I thought he was very good at the Nations Cup (still needs to be more physical though). I'm also looking forward to seeing the progress of Marcus Abraham at Porto.
:agree: we need ball playing midfielders with physicality, strength and high work rate
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The legend before his time!
Kelechi Nwakali!!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mystic wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:22 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:14 am

Rubbish! Two wrongs don't make a right. Just admit that you are wrong and stop digging.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you go wait tayaaa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

For once, I agree with vancity. Nwakali should have been called up for the World Cup qualifiers regardless of his club situation❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This kid has the best PR I have ever seen. He is either bribing a lot of people (including CE members) or he is foccking everybody!

There is no logical explanation for the support he gets -- it either money or sex!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:24 pm For once, I agree with vancity. Nwakali should have been called up for the World Cup qualifiers regardless of his club situation❗️

Cheers.
Instead we had a useless Shehu who helped collapse our midfield after the multiple injuries.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:20 pm This kid has the best PR I have ever seen. He is either bribing a lot of people (including CE members) or he is foccking everybody!

There is no logical explanation for the support he gets -- it either money or sex!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

O jigbi jigbi!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

txj wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:48 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:20 pm This kid has the best PR I have ever seen. He is either bribing a lot of people (including CE members) or he is foccking everybody!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

O jigbi jigbi!!!
Yup. Completely agree. Still waiting for the great midfield hope to materialize. Every year is a new beginning. Hope it works out for him