Kelechi Nwakali…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by danfo driver »

I am sorry, this is not how life works. We have to adhere to sub-section 4.4.2 of the Nigerian Constitution (1999), which provides, in relevant part "Thunder will faya any body who invites more than 4 midfielders to the Super Eagles."
bret- hart wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:50 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:45 pm
Babadee wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:31 pm The way some ppl are so fascinated with this Nwakali. I think his peak was youth days. There are players like dat . they were ballers in youth and U20 but real mens football they are behind. If he was that good he would have been in a La Liga team . See Chukwueze,Umar etc
The very few times Nwakali has played for the NT he has always delivered (his AFCON performance was particularly impressive),.not every player has the luck of having a great club career as we've seen with several players in the NT that didn't have the most glamorous club careers but always delivered for the GWG.
We dont like to do the right thing in Nigeria. Invite Nwakali, Fisayo and Ifeanyi and we will cook. Piss-ero needs to beef up the midfield if he wants to win the AFCON.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

There is way too much conversation around this player. We have watched him since youth days and what should be clear is that any serious team will not use him. That is just my opinion. Last year or so after he joined a new team he played like things will change in his first few games but promptly resumed his usual. What do I mean? I believe he considers himself a luxury player who helps the team maintain possession and he does that better than most. However, football is beyond that. What exactly does he contribute when his team does not have the ball? How many tackles does he win? How much ground does he cover? The answer to those two questions will comeback well below average. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:09 am There is way too much conversation around this player. We have watched him since youth days and what should be clear is that any serious team will not use him. That is just my opinion. Last year or so after he joined a new team he played like things will change in his first few games but promptly resumed his usual. What do I mean? I believe he considers himself a luxury player who helps the team maintain possession and he does that better than most. However, football is beyond that. What exactly does he contribute when his team does not have the ball? How many tackles does he win? How much ground does he cover? The answer to those two questions will comeback well below average. That is the bottomline.
At least he’s getting consistent PT at club level, that’s a positive…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:54 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:09 am There is way too much conversation around this player. We have watched him since youth days and what should be clear is that any serious team will not use him. That is just my opinion. Last year or so after he joined a new team he played like things will change in his first few games but promptly resumed his usual. What do I mean? I believe he considers himself a luxury player who helps the team maintain possession and he does that better than most. However, football is beyond that. What exactly does he contribute when his team does not have the ball? How many tackles does he win? How much ground does he cover? The answer to those two questions will comeback well below average. That is the bottomline.
At least he’s getting consistent PT at club level, that’s a positive…
TRUE WORD but I believe at NT level we can get better 2-way players who work their bodies hard for the collective.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Seems you missed it but here you go:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Babadee wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:31 pm The way some ppl are so fascinated with this Nwakali. I think his peak was youth days. There are players like dat . they were ballers in youth and U20 but real mens football they are behind. If he was that good he would have been in a La Liga team . See Chukwueze,Umar etc
So true.
I remember a certain Chuks Aneke.
Absolute youth phenomenon that basically ended up playing for 3rd tier teams.
Around the world, many Golden Balls/Golden boots at U17 level faded into oblivion.

Our exciting U17 World Cup winners of 2013 are nowhere to be found apart from Nacho and Awoniyi and then Isaac Success who is also a mystery, not haven reached anywhere near what we thought would be his heights.
But what about Nwakali Snr, Musa Yahaya, Dele Alampasu, Chidera Ezeh, Akinjide Idowu, Musa Mohammed? All gone.

Nothing is guaranteed at that level. They’re just boys. Many called, few chosen.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:43 am
So true.
Around the world, many Golden Balls/Golden boots at U17 level faded into oblivion.

Our exciting U17 World Cup winners of 2013 are nowhere to be found apart from Nacho and Awoniyi and then Isaac Success who is also a mystery, not haven reached anywhere near what we thought would be his heights.
But what about Nwakali Snr, Musa Yahaya, Dele Alampasu, Chidera Ezeh, Akinjide Idowu, Musa Mohammed? All gone.

Nothing is guaranteed at that level. They’re just boys. Many called, few chosen.

Kai :cry:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ANC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:01 am
So true.

Francis Uzoho was Alampasu’s backup GK on that 2013 U17 squad…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:20 am
ANC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:01 am
So true.

Francis Uzoho was Alampasu’s backup GK on that 2013 U17 squad…
True.
Just goes to show how trajectories and fortunes have such a wide variation.
In fact, I recall reading somewhere back then that even Alampasu was a late replacement for another 'keeper who was the real no 1 for that set. For whatever reason he was dropped, never to be heard of again.

Then Wilfred Ndidi who had to be dropped because ofchanges in his MRI findings never made the U17 World Cup with Nacho and Awoniyi.
He must have been devastated at the time, I'm sure.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:46 am

Sunset

Thanks for posting this. Is there a way you can post a heat map for him? I must state that the times, I have watched him he does not do much winning possession but the stats show otherwise. Let's see how much ground he covers with a heat map. Those are negatives when I think of his game because with the ball he is very good.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:46 pm
Sunset wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:46 am

Sunset

Thanks for posting this. Is there a way you can post a heat map for him? I must state that the times, I have watched him he does not do much winning possession but the stats show otherwise. Let's see how much ground he covers with a heat map. Those are negatives when I think of his game because with the ball he is very good.

This really does not mean much..
His reverence on CE has to be the most hilarious thing ever...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:44 amJust goes to show how trajectories and fortunes have such a wide variation.
In fact, I recall reading somewhere back then that even Alampasu was a late replacement for another 'keeper who was the real no 1 for that set. For whatever reason he was dropped, never to be heard of again.

Then Wilfred Ndidi who had to be dropped because ofchanges in his MRI findings never made the U17 World Cup with Nacho and Awoniyi.
Adeyinka Adewale, who was injured between the U17 AFCON and the U17 WC…
He was called up by Peseiro for the Super Eagles’ friendlies against Mexico and Ecuador last year.

PS: Savior Godwin, another Peseiro cap, was also part of the 2013 U17 squad.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:44 amJust goes to show how trajectories and fortunes have such a wide variation.

He was called up by Peseiro for the Super Eagles’ friendlies against Mexico and Ecuador last year.

Thanks Gotti.
You are the true undisputed Encyclopedia Supereaglica. :thumb:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:35 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 pm

Thanks Gotti.
You are the true undisputed Encyclopedia Supereaglica. :thumb:

Abeg,

This Encyclopedia Super Eaglesalica is it volume 1 or volume 2?
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Hmm. Off the bench for the second week in a row for bottom dwelling Chaves in great Portuguese league. Didn’t folks say he is the best player on the team?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

kawawa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:44 pm Hmm. Off the bench for the second week in a row for bottom dwelling Chaves in great Portuguese league. Didn’t folks say he is the best player on the team?
Yes he is. What's your point?
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:50 pm
kawawa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:44 pm Hmm. Off the bench for the second week in a row for bottom dwelling Chaves in great Portuguese league. Didn’t folks say he is the best player on the team?
Yes he is. What's your point?
Just keeping track so you can keep addressing why he is in all your line ups.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Came off the bench while his team were down by 2 goals to push them to an inspiring comeback to register their first point of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm Came off the bench while his team were down by 2 goals to push them to an inspiring comeback to register their first point of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:
Please can you give us more infor? When he pushed them, are you saying he scored the goals? one goal? 2 assists? 1 assist? or he actually started pushing them physically? More info please. Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm Came off the bench while his team were down by 2 goals to push them to an inspiring comeback to register their first point of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:
That’s what he does. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:04 pm
Please can you give us more infor? When he pushed them, are you saying he scored the goals? one goal? 2 assists? 1 assist? or he actually started pushing them physically? More info please. Thanks!
Watch the match and you’ll find out for yourself.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:04 pm
Watch the match and you’ll find out for yourself.
Bro, this is CE. We all help each other out. I am watching Napoli and giving you guys update; same way a bunch of us did with Boniface earlier today.

Please can you give us update on how he pushed them? Thanks! if you dont want to, say you dont want to give us update and its fine, we will look for someone else to help provide those updates from the leagues most of us do not/cannot watch.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
That’s what he does. :clap: :clap: :clap:
When has he? Examples will help. I am just pointing out selective non-data driven hype. He started the first 4 games and is now on the bench for a team that is not scoring or winning. Why would they not want this great dead ball, ball winning, assist making midfield general.